Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Why no Intake????

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2003, 05:17 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well hell yea that solves it then It felt faster huh?
Im buying an aftermarket intake right now then I want mine to fell faster too and maybe mess up the readings too if Im lucky.

See shiv takes this approach of if it aint broke dont fix it. Others want a loud shiny ricey intake to show off to their friends when they pop the hood in the 7/11 parking lot on wednesday nights
Old Oct 5, 2003, 06:12 PM

Did you not read the whole post? I tested it at the track. I shaved a second and a half off the quarter-mile time of the car with a few parts, and it didn't affect driveability one bit. I also have the ability to see EXACTLY what effect the mod has on the MAF sensor (which by the way, if you haven't caught on yet, is NOT a hotwire MAF).

Maybe you'll have some room to talk when you actually make your 4g63 fast. You obviously don't know very much about them and your attitude is typical of someone from the WRX/NASIOC crowd. Maybe if you guys would put your calculators down for a second and try modding your cars they would be faster.

Shiv, I apologize for bickering in this thread and your forum, and I apologize for sounding so skeptical, but I wish you and your company luck and I hope to see you guys produce a fast EVO.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to bring this back to life, but I was the one asked the question in the beggining. If the simple SAFC II piggy back will work. I just dont understand why a XEDE (piggy back) will not work. It can be tuned more precise and in more ways than the SAFC.
Have you ever tried it SHIV or has anyone. I just keep beeting myself over this,I dont know why. I just really want it to work.
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

does an intake correctly tuned with a SAFC II gain hp
Old Oct 24, 2003, 09:31 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by SAEVO
Sorry to bring this back to life, but I was the one asked the question in the beggining. If the simple SAFC II piggy back will work. I just dont understand why a XEDE (piggy back) will not work. It can be tuned more precise and in more ways than the SAFC.
Have you ever tried it SHIV or has anyone. I just keep beeting myself over this,I dont know why. I just really want it to work.
Paraphrasing the ideas of Shiv with the EVO and WRX- He'd rather not induce MAF error of any kind- Think of this he'd have to tune for every damn CAI and rampod on the market as well as spend mucho time trying to find the error of each one across the whole RPM range. He has also stated that the factory airbox is not restrictive within the confines of the factory turbo. But your using Buschars tuned for SAFC and his intake- If Shiv was dynotuning yours or any other intakes on a dyno he wouldnt mind but he aint sending it through the mail
Old Oct 25, 2003, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

MP5 speaks the truth! YES, the XEDE will work with an intake. Any intake. No matter what kind of MAF misreadings that it may induce. But it will have to be tuned accordingly. Fortunately, unlike an S-AFC, it has the means to fix the problem on many levels. But as for mail-order kits (which rely on baseline maps without custom dyno tuning), the stock intake is highly recommended.

Regards,
Shiv
Old Oct 25, 2003, 03:47 PM
In Timeout

Why not change out the MAF to a 2 bar or something?

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu
MP5 speaks the truth! YES, the XEDE will work with an intake. Any intake. No matter what kind of MAF misreadings that it may induce. But it will have to be tuned accordingly. Fortunately, unlike an S-AFC, it has the means to fix the problem on many levels. But as for mail-order kits (which rely on baseline maps without custom dyno tuning), the stock intake is highly recommended.

Regards,
Shiv
Old Oct 25, 2003, 03:52 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by Ryanmcd2
Why not change out the MAF to a 2 bar or something?

Theres tools and times for that in the future Ryan but we are talking about the entry vishnu ECM solution and only dealing with an exhaust and cam gears no need to start replacing factory sensors at this point.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 03:57 PM
In Timeout

Just reading up on the AEM. so far I am thinking, 264 cams, intake, full turbo back, FMIC with all the pipes, fuel pump and injectors, and AEM computer. I will have to do OBDII so I was thinking a stock ecu with the SFAC to pull fuel out. I think the cams will be fine and will not throw a CEL. Don't need the 272's I am not running 9,000k rpm

Originally posted by MP5

Theres tools and times for that in the future Ryan but we are talking about the entry vishnu ECM solution and only dealing with an exhaust and cam gears no need to start replacing factory sensors at this point.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 04:17 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by Ryanmcd2
Just reading up on the AEM. so far I am thinking, 264 cams, intake, full turbo back, FMIC with all the pipes, fuel pump and injectors, and AEM computer. I will have to do OBDII so I was thinking a stock ecu with the SFAC to pull fuel out. I think the cams will be fine and will not throw a CEL. Don't need the 272's I am not running 9,000k rpm

Good choices I am in lust for some 264s too after the transformation with cam gears it can only get better from here bro!!
Old Oct 25, 2003, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

I would love for the 264's to be my next upgrade.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 04:37 PM
In Timeout

and you can get them for $600.00 and a place around here said $150.00 for the install. I need to let the AEM get some age before I do anything. The fuel computer is going to be what I do first then I will do mods.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

We're running 264 intake/272 exhaust camshafts and 660cc/min injectors on our Stage 2 test car and the idle is as soom as stock. If not a bit smoother, for some odd reason.

my 2c,
shiv
Old Oct 25, 2003, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, smOOther than stock. I cant wait to see what you get from that setup.
Old Oct 25, 2003, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

I found the cams on RevHigh here in this forum for $474 for both cams. So maybe $600 installed.
So Shiv, are you saying that the next time that you are here in Texas. I can buy the XEDE from you and you can dyno tune it for me. I have the BR 3" turbo back, I/C pipe with 1G BOV, MAF pipe, Cone air filter, SAFCII, MBC, and boost guage. I would have to get rid of the SAFC and MBC to run the XEDE right?? I would also put in some HKS 264's. Could you tune this setup, and make it a smooth powerful daily driver?????

Quick Reply: Why no Intake????