Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

XFLash

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2003, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All 4 Stage 1s in the last NJ tuning trip (last week) were making 310-320whp on 93 octane gas. The conditions were a bit better than they were in TX Proper ventilation and non-oppressive heat!

It's also interesting to note that custom tuning only benefited 5-8whp on all those cars which means that the baseline maps are pretty well optimized as it is.

Cheers,
Shiv
Old Nov 3, 2003, 06:47 PM
In Timeout

I have to say for the mods that power is Nice. I think stage 1+ and I am done, Hunting cams right now. Going to order stage 1 from you next week, or the week after. This time I won't ***** about how long it takes, just order and forget lol
Old Nov 3, 2003, 09:35 PM
In Timeout

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu
I found it from another thread:

Also note that starting the run late (that is, at a high rpm, as done in one your graph) will bump up hp further since you're putting less thermal stresses on the car. It's a subtle way of cheating

Cheers,
shiv
Shiv, thanks for the prompt reply! Guess what, your not right all the time. The dyno operator was not cheating! They were running a data logger and just hit the dyno button after the roll in was started. Actually as fate would have it, they did several runs after the run 10 I posted above. They do this to confirm that the ecu does not take out any timing on multiple runs and they also run the car up to red line in 4th gear to get it nice and hot also.

Anyway your theory about "thermal loads" is not accurate in this case as the full pass yielded ONE HP MORE! Not less ! I bet you are not wrong very often eh? You owe me a drink at the sema show

Here is run 12 imposed over run 10 the run above. Same tuning adjustments just a re-run as a test. You can see the dyno jet yeilds the same hp no matter when you hit the button !
Attached Thumbnails XFLash-282222.jpg  

Last edited by Evoitis1; Nov 3, 2003 at 09:37 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Yep, My cat back sucked. There was a nice guy at the NJ dyno tune with the same exhaust. He also made less power then everyone. And he had a downpipe. Stage 0 with just cat backs made more power. FYI.

See what happens when you buy stuff that you can't see infront of you.

GOD DAM NET>>>>
Old Nov 7, 2003, 10:28 AM

Yeah, I was dissapointed with my dyno numbers. I'm thinking of going your route and just taking it back off I would try the Ultimate Racing turbo-back, which got massive HP numbers without cams, but the thing is pretty loud. However, dyno numbers aren't everything, and I like the way the car runs and sounds, so I may just say fsck it and leave it alone

Thanks for your help on the dyno day Eric, and it was cool seeing all the different setups.

Lac

Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky
Yep, My cat back sucked. There was a nice guy at the NJ dyno tune with the same exhaust. He also made less power then everyone. And he had a downpipe. Stage 0 with just cat backs made more power. FYI.

See what happens when you buy stuff that you can't see infront of you.

GOD DAM NET>>>>
Old Nov 7, 2003, 02:45 PM

Originally posted by Lacoste
Ultimate Racing turbo-back, which got massive HP numbers without cams, but the thing is pretty loud. Lac

I have the UR turbo back. (Love it by the way) It is a bit loud for my tastes with a test pipe, but with a high flow cat it is just right. And I am on my way to being an old fart