Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

XFLash

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by DynoFlash
That was a YES - I've been tuning all the fuel maps for some time.

Did you know about the multiple ignition maps - the gear dependant maps or the knock correction areas - i am sure you do - i would never doubt you or expect you to bring anything less than a great product to market
Uh.. AL? There's only two ignition and two fuel maps. This thread's a keeper.

Cheers,
shiv
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu
I'll take that as a 'no'

shiv
OH and BTW - I'd also like to run your 80cc stroked scooter with my Kymco zx50 stroked and bored 80 cc monster - no reflashing in that bad boy - all old school jets and needles
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:23 PM
Account Disabled

Uh.. AL? There's only two ignition and two fuel maps. This thread's a keeper.

Cheers,
shiv
I'd be happy to give you a tutorial on evo reflashing if you care to stop by Pruven while your out here this weekend I would be happy to give you a crash course on what i have discovered

While you are strictly correct there are two fuel and two ignition main maps - - there are a whole series of other correction factors which play a very critical role in what the ecu does

While the maps may specify value X - unless you fully understand the other correction features you will have no idea of how the ecu sets the final actual output

thats why i refer to the ecu as having multiple maps - there are numerous zones where the fuel and ignition base tables are corrected

Last edited by DynoFlash; Oct 21, 2003 at 10:27 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:25 PM
MP5
In Timeout

F=M*A - The M is accounted for

Last edited by MP5; Oct 21, 2003 at 10:29 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

OH and BTW - I'd also like to run your 80cc stroked scooter with my Kymco zx50 stroked and bored 80 cc monster - no reflashing in that bad boy - all old school jets and needles
Uh? okay....

shiv

ps. both Aprilias run carbs, btw.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:29 PM
Account Disabled

Uh? okay....

shiv

ps. both Aprilias run carbs, btw.
I know - nice bikes - but my Kymcos got something for ya - did you see Pruven's NX equiped orange Kymco? Thats one bad scooter
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

I'd be happy to give you a tutorial on evo reflashing if you care to stop by Pruven while your out here this weekend I would be happy to give you a crash course on what i have discovered

While you are strictly correct there are two fuel and two ignition main maps - - there are a whole series of other correction factors which play a very critical role in what the ecu does

While the maps may specify value X - unless you fully understand the other correction features you will have no idea of how the ecu sets the final actual output

thats why i refer to the ecu as having multiple maps - there are numerous zones where the fuel and ignition base tables are corrected
Al,
I'm about this close (my index finger and thumb are about 1/4" away from each other) from schooling you so bad with respect to EVO ECU mapping that you will be too embarrassed to ever post on this forum again. And since I've quoted each and every post of yours, you can't run to your "edit" button to backtrack. Do you really want to immortalize you lack of understanding?

-Shiv

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; Oct 21, 2003 at 10:39 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

ok, one of you guys please come to southern cali for a dyno reflash I am sick of waiting.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:45 PM
MP5
In Timeout

NOOOOOOOOO Dont do it Shiv you might give the other tuners some insite!! I want all the Vishnu alien technology for myself
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:45 PM
Account Disabled

Al,
I'm about this close (my index finger and thumb are about 1/4" away from each other) from schooling you so bad with respect to EVO ECU mapping that you will be too embarrassed to ever post on this forum again. And since I've quoted each and every post of yours, you can't run to your "edit" button to backtrack. Do you really want to immortalize you lack of understanding?

-Shiv
Shiv - you know I think you're a trip and love to amuse you and play around on the forums - we've been at this for a long long time - way back to the days of my 1st mod on my WRX the ole' vishnu uppipe and my vishnu tec II !!!!! All great products i may add - tec II still running a wrx powered 2.5 rs

However - you have to realize two things - One - i dont embarase easily

and - two - I aint telling you any thing about my evo tuning secrets no matter how much you tease me !!!!!!!!

Go ahead and post what ever you like - it certainly will provide some well needed amusment for the throngs of shiv fans everywhere
i
My results with the over 100 evos I have tuned thus far are the best sales pitch I can make and what you think of what i know or dont know is imaterial

But remember - who is da man with the fastest and badest evo around !
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

I'll take that as a 'no'

shiv
That's what I'm talking about. I think Shiv takes way too much **** from other "tooners" because they are upset that they don't receive the acknowledgement from the media i.e. Car and Driver, which Shiv is able to obtain because he’s a good businessman. I agree that other tuners are able to achieve similar results for less money, but for some of us, myself included, I would sleep much better at night knowing that the aftermarket parts that are on my car have been thoroughly tested by one of the best guys in the industry. Vishnu will not release any products until all of the kinks are worked out. This is why we have no Stage 2 information yet.

So Shiv, any plans to have a dyno day in Atlanta?

Jeb
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:49 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Damn you Al you made me do it- BEEFCAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiv - you know I think you're a trip and love to amuse you and play around on the forums - we've been at this for a long long time - way back to the days of my 1st mod on my WRX the ole' vishnu uppipe and my vishnu tec II !!!!! All great products i may add - tec II still running a wrx powered 2.5 rs

However - you have to realize two things - One - i dont embarase easily

and - two - I aint telling you any thing about my evo tuning secrets no matter how much you tease me !!!!!!!!

Go ahead and post what ever you like - it certainly will provide some well needed amusment for the throngs of shiv fans everywhere
i
My results with the over 100 evos I have tuned thus far are the best sales pitch I can make and what you think of what i know or dont know is imaterial

But remember - who is da man with the fastest and badest evo around !
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:49 PM
Account Disabled

Al,

-Shiv
you know - the one thing I really love about Shiv is the guy has BIG ***** - i respect him. he aint afraid to debate and I enjoy locking horns with him. He ain't like those other punk reflashers who erase what i say and always try to be PC all thye time. Its very cool he saves my words and locks them in - he aint scared of me and what i have to say - he's doin his own thing and is confident in his skills. i respct that
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:52 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by JFawns

I would sleep much better at night knowing that the aftermarket parts that are on my car have been thoroughly tested by one of the best guys in the industry. Vishnu will not release any products until all of the kinks are worked out. This is why we have no Stage 2 information yet
Ever try Ambien?

By the time he releases stage 2 and returns your phone call - I will be going on stage 12
Old Oct 21, 2003, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Ever try Ambien?

By the time he releases stage 2 and returns your phone call - I will be going on stage 12
Exactly...