Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

XFLash

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2003, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by shiv@vishnu
I'm about this close (my index finger and thumb are about 1/4" away from each other) from schooling you so bad with respect to EVO ECU mapping that you will be too embarrassed to ever post on this forum again.
You can't embarrass the shameless.

No offense to Al, but it's just mathematics. You can't expect your products to run circles around anybody's when they're only good for traveling in a straight line
Old Oct 21, 2003, 11:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally posted by ez76

You can't expect your products to run circles around anybody's when they're only good for traveling in a straight line
Old Oct 21, 2003, 11:20 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by ez76

You can't embarrass the shameless.

No offense to Al, but it's just mathematics. You can't expect your products to run circles around anybody's when they're only good for traveling in a straight line
Actually - my "product" is very happy to drive around in circles, sqaures , loops or anhy other way you want - its not like adding the 28 whp into an evo is going to suddenly take away the vehicles great road manners and handling or its stopping

In fact my world record holding evo in the straight line - has all the handling of any stock evo plus more
Old Oct 21, 2003, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

DynoFlash (pm)
Silver Vendor

Trader Rating: (2)

Member No: 13943
Drives: 11.62 @121 mph in the 1/4 - DynoFlahsed!
-----------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^

But you can't even spell your own product's name correctly. Typos and ECU mapping don't mix very well
Old Oct 21, 2003, 11:27 PM

DynoFlash (pm)
Silver Vendor

But you can't even spell your own product's name correctly. Typos and ECU mapping don't mix very well

Old Oct 21, 2003, 11:28 PM
Account Disabled

DynoFlash (pm)
Silver Vendor

You got me there good ole' Shivvy - speelling is not my forte !! I could care less about my spelling with these posts I tykpe thsm as fast as my fingres can type

So is that the best embarrsement you got up your speave//? I thought you were gooing to school me /????? not much of atuning lesson so far

Last edited by DynoFlash; Oct 21, 2003 at 11:31 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by DynoFlash
You got me there good ole' Shivvy - speelling is not my forte !! I could care less about my spelling with these posts I tykpe thsm as fast as my fingres can type

So is that the best embarrsement you got up your speave//? I thought you were gooing to school me /????? not much of atuning lesson so far
Al, I'm not taking sides here, but I found *the* software for you. Please don't get offended, as this is not the goal I have in mind.

As You Type

One of the key features..

"Avoid making annoying typos? - Your writing is mistake-free and you look smarter!"

Can you really put a price on looking smarter?
Old Oct 21, 2003, 11:51 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks man - I appeciate your ideas !
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shiv-

Are you showind too many cards?
Where do disgruntled Xede users "form a line" then? If the Xflash is "all that and a bag of chips," is the price of the obsolete piggy back gonna drop? Or can you somehow incorporate your findings into a new version of the Xede?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

you know - the one thing I really love about Shiv is the guy has BIG ***** - i respect him. he aint afraid to debate and I enjoy locking horns with him. He ain't like those other punk reflashers who erase what i say and always try to be PC all thye time. Its very cool he saves my words and locks them in - he aint scared of me and what i have to say - he's doin his own thing and is confident in his skills. i respct that
Let it go Al. This is leading to no ware. You two are just going to get into a fight again and it's going to take up bandwidth and time machine us back to High school.

And Al, Shiv has over 10years of tuning paying customer's cars and a very solid reliability record. You’re not in the same league yet, if or when you are in 10 years Shiv will have 20 years under his belt. Lasting 10years as a Master tuner is no small feet. He is also a consultant to OEM companies and race times around the world.

He is a major league hitter, and you would be luck to be his bat boy.

Now go back to chasing ambiances, instead of screwing people’s cars up.

Eric
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:55 AM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Eric Lyublinsky

Let it go Al. This is leading to no ware. You two are just going to get into a fight again and it's going to take up bandwidth and time machine us back to High school.

And Al, Shiv has over 10years of tuning paying customer's cars and a very solid reliability record. You’re not in the same league yet, if or when you are in 10 years Shiv will have 20 years under his belt. Lasting 10years as a Master tuner is no small feet. He is also a consultant to OEM companies and race times around the world.

Eric
'SCREWING up people's cars eh?"

If 10 years experience leads me to focus on 20 whp stage zero mods that only have the benefit of high profit margins then it may be time for me to retire before I start

if 10 years experiance gets me the kind of reception that he has gotten from the "old crusty internet salts" in the DSM community then maybe I would perfer to walk my own path

Bottom line is I saw shiv do all of this years ago with the WRX forums - be bashed COBB right and left saying what idiots they are and how crappy the unichip product was and how you could never tune it through the mail - - - then after he saw how much $$$ Cobb and TXS were making selling unichips - he hopped right on the band waggon and started to sell unichips - even though they sucked the big one and were a horrible solution for the wrx he sold 100's

i have no doubt that Shiv's reflasher will be great and I certainly know he will do a much better job than the other reflashers out there who are really making me laugh

please don't assume he is some sort of tuning "god" though and question my skills in tuning

In motorsports - you have to accomplish something before you can get mad props - something more tangible than a fat bank account and manipulated dyno tests - what has Shiv done with his cars ? They are all slow - its easy to tune slow cars

Last edited by DynoFlash; Oct 22, 2003 at 07:58 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:59 AM
Account Disabled

Eric
BTW - I wasnt going to tell you this - BUT my tune on the same set up as yours yields over 300 whp and runs a full point richer - go figure slow poke
Old Oct 22, 2003, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

BTW - I wasnt going to tell you this - BUT my tune on the same set up as yours yields over 300 whp and runs a full point richer - go figure slow poke
Yep I'm slow and I don't give a rats ***. And we will see how long until that guy you tuned has a hole on his cyl from you runing way to much ing advance and trying to fight of knock with dumping fuel.

Your A/Fs are as crocked as your johnson.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Muuuuuuaaaaaaawwwwwhhhhhhhaaaaaaa

Al-

Gotta have a "fast" car to catch those ambulances, right? You may be onto something here

4-BNGR
Attached Images  
Old Oct 22, 2003, 08:33 AM
Account Disabled

Yep I'm slow and I don't give a rats ***. And we will see how long until that guy you tuned has a hole on his cyl from you runing way to much ing advance and trying to fight of knock with dumping fuel.

Your A/Fs are as crocked as your johnson.
A common misperception is that you need to have flat a/f curves accross the dyno sheet - when in actuality there is a need for more fuel at points of peak trq and hp. We tune for the flatest safe powerband we can get on the car. In order to do that we move the a/f where the cars needs to be - not where we need to go to get a flat a/f curve

The customer feels the trq curve - that is what gives you the feeling that the car is very smoothly tuned - you can not feel the a/f curve. In fact you'll never notice it unless your nose is stuck up the tail pipe.

This is typical Shiv idiocy to have you fools on here insinuating that my tunes will yield engine damage.

Its really funny that you guys have to stoop this low to promote your business.

I know Shiv can tune a semi stock evo with his eyes closed and so can I.

The real issue here is the REAL $$$ to me made in this racket is selling $500 tunes through the mail, not busting your *** for two hours breathing smoke on a dyno dialing in a car 100%

Thats is where we will have a differene of opinion as I have said - and I contuinue to say that YOU CAN NOT sell reflash tunes through the mail for evos - there is too much car to car variance to provide a safe level of saftey margin.

Our product provides an individual car by car tune and we are very confortable with the end result. Out of over 100 evos tuned to date - NOT one has had any problems.