Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Got my Evo Stage 1 Back

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2003, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my Evo Stage 1 Back

Back in August, I made an appointment with Brett to deliver my new Evo to Vishnu. They were going to do the stage 2 3037,FMIC,Exhaust,660 injectors,ACT clutch,XEDE,Manifold,Cam Gears etc to make a real rocket. Any way, due to a injury to the fabricator,Bretts vacation and numerous other trials and tribulations,the package could not be completed. I drove the car(with 348 miles on it)from Tucson, the 978 miles to Vishnu in August and on Thursday Oct. 16 I flew up there to pick it up with the understanding that they went with the Stg 1 and the Bar/PLate FMIC,as well as the Walbro pump. Shiv did the final tuning while I waited and then he took me for a test ride. Shiv knows Evo's. Also, he knows the streets and off ramps around Pleasanton. 4 wheel drifts,on/off ramps at 2-3 times the posted speeds really were a blast. I drove the car back to LA that night and stopped at a gas station that sold 100 octane fuel and switched maps. The car was a gas to drive. My friend and I spent the better part of that evening and 10-15 gallons of 100 racing every car that would have us on the 101 N/S. The next day I drove back to Tucson Arizona. Granted the car took longer than expected,but the results were well worth the wait.. I will be first in line for the stage 2 kit. By the way,I'am no stranger to fast cars, www.motorizedexotica.com good job Shiv keep it up. My VISHNU Tuned Evo is the biggest bang for the buck
Old Oct 18, 2003, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

He had your car two months and still didn't install the stg 2 equipment? They only have one person that can do the installs? I would be a little aggravated if someone had my car that long and didn't complete the job.
As long as your happy and satisfied that's all that matters I guess.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 07:53 AM

Definitely frustrating but at that point,there was nothing left for me to do. They do have Diablo Imports doing their installs but the stage 2 wasn't developed fully. When they told me they could only do stage 1 it took 1 week including the FMIC,low profile fans,walbro,xede,exhaust, and dyno time.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

No doubt stage 2 will be worth the wait. Given Vishnu's staff, it's amazing they have time to do all of the custom tuning they do while still developing great stuff for our cars. And most of us only see the Evo side of things - gotta remember they're tuning WRX's and designing STi parts while all this is going on. Busy busy guys, which makes their phenomenal customer service stand out that much more. Seriously, these are the kind of guys who would lend you their own car if yours wasn't ready when promised.

Hey - what did your car put down on the dyno with the stage 1+FMIC/Walbro and 100 octane?
Old Oct 19, 2003, 09:04 PM

No 100 was available that day. But the car put down 252.4Whp on Shiv's dyno with 91. The seat of the pants difference between stock and stage 1 was like night and day. I drove it over 900 miles that day and never missed abeat or showed any tendency to load up or misfire. The car pulled harder throughout the entire rev range especially between 4500-6500 rpm. Passing speeds at 80mph+ were similar to a MBZ E55