Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

XEDE dyno tune, Texas

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2003, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XEDE dyno tune, Texas

Shiv do you see yourself coming back to Texas anytime soon. I know I need to get my XEDE dyno tuned and I am sure there are some others. If you are not coming, do you recommend anyone to dyno tune in Texas.
Thanks for your time.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

I'm very interested in supporting Shiv returning to Texas. We had 12 really happy customers after his last visit. I was going to wait until spring to suggest his return. My thinking was with the Stage 2 kit coming available more people would want him to come out. Plus more STI stuff will be out too. If there is solid interest I would be interested in setting this up again.

BTW, Shiv waiting to hear more on a 272/272 setup.
Old Oct 31, 2003, 06:50 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by EVO Rosso
I'm very interested in supporting Shiv returning to Texas. We had 12 really happy customers after his last visit. I was going to wait until spring to suggest his return. My thinking was with the Stage 2 kit coming available more people would want him to come out. Plus more STI stuff will be out too. If there is solid interest I would be interested in setting this up again.

BTW, Shiv waiting to hear more on a 272/272 setup.
Bill I called but you were out- Ill see you tommorrow! I would also be down for cams! Ill need your help Bill
Old Nov 1, 2003, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

I'll be happy to come down to TX again. Spring sounds good to me. As for camshafts, they are hard to come by. HKS is backordered hopelessly. Unless someone has them in stock, it's a few week wait until they come in.

Shiv
Old Nov 1, 2003, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Spring sounds awesome. I missed the last one because I was out of town and would try deperately not to miss the next one.

Shiv, would you recommend buying the Xede ahead of time, installing, using, and then having you tune it if you come back to Texas or would waiting be a better course of action. I probably will not be purchasing until beginning of next year at this point anyway.
Old Nov 1, 2003, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

So you wont be making a trip here until spring?? Do you recommend anyone to tune the XEDE in TEXAS. I have the XEDE coming in this week sometime, and I plan on getting those cams ASAP. Please let me know who or even if you recommend.
Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2003, 12:44 PM
In Timeout

What sizes are you using? And I hope you are going to sell them for $300 each or less.

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu
I'll be happy to come down to TX again. Spring sounds good to me. As for camshafts, they are hard to come by. HKS is backordered hopelessly. Unless someone has them in stock, it's a few week wait until they come in.

Shiv
Old Nov 3, 2003, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

I will be getting my XEDE on thursday, and hopefully my cams(264's) by the end of the month. I cant wait 5+months for an install and tune. Shiv, who do you reccomend for a dyno tune??
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Shiv have you ever heard of or do you recommend MZM in Austin,TX. MP5 told me about them, and I know they have a 4 wheel dyno. Please let me know, thanks.
MP5 if you read this, where are you going to get you cams installed/ dyno tuned????
Old Nov 5, 2003, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Shiv.....MP5..........someone
Old Nov 5, 2003, 02:35 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by SAEVO
Shiv.....MP5..........someone
Im getting the cams installed in my garage

As far as the cams Im going with is 272e/264i . Shiv assures me this is the way to go. I havent sat down and thought about how the change in VE would affect the way I tunned in re to your plan of using a 264e cam. I talked today with Brett about your tuning needs and was going to talk to shiv to recommend something.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for helping me out trying to get this baby tuned. I would like to have it done end of NOVish. I want to run the 264/264 setup. I am sure this will be fine(I hope).
I guess I can do the same as you. Install my cams at home and then go to the dyno and install the XEDE and get it all tuned for my mods. I hope we dont suffer on MPG. I have heard of some Honda/Acura owners getting less than 20MPG after installing JUN stage 3 cams. I would hope I can stay at 22+ MPG.
Oh, and what do you think about water injection. I remember you saying that the XEDE can control this , but do I really need it when this is far I will be going HP wise?
Old Nov 6, 2003, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

ttt for some help
Old Nov 6, 2003, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Unfortunately Shiv will not tune on a Mustang Dyno. So MZM is out...
Old Nov 7, 2003, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

I was hoping since I have the XEDE maybe someone from Vishnu would give me some advice on where to get it installed?
Thanks