Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Vishnu goes to the drag strip

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2003, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by ShapeGSX
That is why it datalogs. No time to look at gauges when you are driving, other than a cursory glance. So the computer records the data for looking at after you are done driving.
ShapeGSX, what use is datalogging on a specific temp, humidity, altitude, etc. when every time you run your car everything changes. It may be cool and 60 your first run and sunny and 80 your second. I don't think your getting Shiv's point that he controls every aspect of the environment while tuning on his dyno. He can achieve gains based on a mostly fixed condition. I also don't understand why you tell Shiv (the tuner) that there's more in it. He is limited to his launching skills and the cars gearing (top end), not the tuning aspect of his motor. However, if he was in a heads up race competition, a little datalogging may help fine tune his a/f map, but even then, if he has everything tuned close at his shop, he'll be lucky to pick up a few hp at best. And this, my friend, is from years of datalogging and tuning my old 900hp DFI Camaro.

Shiv, there are 4.11 gear-sets available for the JDM EVO, any chance we will get them over here?
Old Dec 28, 2003, 02:29 PM

Origami posted by ShapeGSX
So you want to see RMR smoke everyone?
Sure, if that's the way it happens, then that's the way it happens. RMR's driving abilities are legend and I'd like nothing better than to see him take his own car to 10/10ths.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old Dec 28, 2003, 02:30 PM
MP5
In Timeout

So true. The tuner should specify who should drive or a mag provided pro driver should drive both
Old Dec 28, 2003, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Silencer
ShapeGSX, what use is datalogging on a specific temp, humidity, altitude, etc. when every time you run your car everything changes. It may be cool and 60 your first run and sunny and 80 your second. I don't think your getting Shiv's point that he controls every aspect of the environment while tuning on his dyno.
Exactly! You just gave the very reason FOR datalogging! Everything in the environment changes. And if you want to tune your car perfectly for the environment your car is in, then you have to tune your car on the fly. And the only way to do this is to datalog.

Perhaps the weather is 30 degrees cooler at the track than it was when you tuned your car at the dyno. So you can run more boost and perhaps even some more timing advance and get another 20hp out of the car. But you willnever know unless you datalog your engine while you are at the track. Same goes for the other way around. If the car is tuned for 60 degree weather, but you are racing on a 90 degree day, the car may not run optimally with the dyno tuned settings.

Since when is more data a bad thing?

The dyno is a controlled environment. But we don't drive or race in a controlled environment. You can get a good baseline on a dyno, but there may be more to gain given the particular conditons that happen at the track.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

HAHAH, so true. ALthoguh John at Road Race is one kick *** driver too. He won SCC's ultimate car challenge in a 2g eclipse!
Old Dec 28, 2003, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by alex_alex

HAHAH, so true. ALthoguh John at Road Race is one kick *** driver too. He won SCC's ultimate car challenge in a 2g eclipse!
Good point. Mueller is an ace on a road course. And RRE sure does have a kick-butt car. I get most of my parts from them. Great shop for sure.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

No matter what rules the magazine sets with regard to drivers, testing, etc,. there will always be reason for people to b#$tch and moan afterwards about how unfairly they were treated and robbed of the win Who knows, we may be the ones doing that this time!

Cheers,
Shiv

PS. If I have to go head-to-head against Rhys in a driving competition, I'm going home

But I'd agree to it if it meant being able to watch big Al drive his EVO in anything other than a straight line

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; Dec 28, 2003 at 04:35 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 04:53 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally posted by Alfriedesq
If you think you havce a fast car - why not stop the corruption with your buddies at SCC magazine - - let me into the so called "Evo tuner shootout" and we can go head to head on the same tracks - drag racing - road tuning - etc etc etc and see who the real fastest evo is

As for who is the fastest right now - i am still the fastest with and without NOS - so do all the talking you want - but your still like 3rd or 4th place

1st place is still 1st place - 11.505 - thats the quickest time - do the math

Ultimate racing went 124 mph and i went 124 so your not the fastest either

Very soon - when and if I need to you all will be seeing the potential of the built motor and why we like to lay a solid foundation when we build a fast car
Whoever is organizing the event most likely looks at Evom regularly and is tired of reading "King Al Windbag", so he/she sure as Hades doesn't want to hear "King Al Windbag" in person... Or your crying "UNFAIR!" when you come in dead freaking last against these other guys who are actual real tuners. See ya in the bleachers, Big Al! Wave to the cameras for all of us.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 07:50 PM
In Timeout

Although you may have not liked drag racing on this particular day... I would encourage you to try it again. A good day should get your 5+ passes. Keep in mind, this is great advertising. For those like myself who drag race, seeing you put down a 11.6 makes me respect your product.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 08:52 PM
In Timeout

Shiv - why the obesssion with Big AL?

Why not just enjoy your car and make your runs?

Why are you insulting Al and calling him out and then you ban his screen names from responding in this forum?

Why are you not accetping Al's challenge to race him in the Evo shootout ? Drag race - road race - lets see how the better man is ??

If Al is willing to drive his car 3,000 miles to race you why not make it happen with your boys at SCC and let him into the contest ???

Are you afraid?
Old Dec 28, 2003, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Evoitis1
Shiv - why the obesssion with Big AL?

long story that has been going on for the past few years

Why not just enjoy your car and make your runs?

he does as you can see

Why are you insulting Al and calling him out and then you ban his screen names from responding in this forum?

again long story but these 2 have a tendancy of going at it
Why are you not accetping Al's challenge to race him in the Evo shootout ? Drag race - road race - lets see how the better man is ??

i am sure Shiv will be more than happy to race Al as he stated before

If Al is willing to drive his car 3,000 miles to race you why not make it happen with your boys at SCC and let him into the contest ???

because Shiv does not control SCC and have no say about who gets there or not

Are you afraid?
i doubt it
Old Dec 28, 2003, 09:14 PM

im so mad at all this **** talking, al does a good job. and he dont even know me yet, but ill be there to get my ecu done by him shortly. but i got his back and ill put some $ on his side. and al if you need any help, my car is stock and runs 12.5@110mph, i got your back. charlie
Old Dec 28, 2003, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

that is great times for a stock car. do you mind posting the slips?
Old Dec 28, 2003, 09:22 PM
In Timeout

Originally posted by evol53
im so mad at all this **** talking, al does a good job. and he dont even know me yet, but ill be there to get my ecu done by him shortly. but i got his back and ill put some $ on his side. and al if you need any help, my car is stock and runs 12.5@110mph, i got your back. charlie
Old Dec 28, 2003, 09:35 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally posted by evol53
imy car is stock and runs 12.5@110mph
Your credibility is gone with the above post. Go tell your lies somewhere else.

Quick Reply: Vishnu goes to the drag strip