Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Vishnu goes to the drag strip

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2003, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Noize

Your credibility is gone with the above post. Go tell your lies somewhere else.
He might be telling the truth! He never did say if it was 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile afterall..
Old Dec 28, 2003, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Evoitis1
Shiv - why the obesssion with Big AL?

Why not just enjoy your car and make your runs?

Why are you insulting Al and calling him out and then you ban his screen names from responding in this forum?

Why are you not accetping Al's challenge to race him in the Evo shootout ? Drag race - road race - lets see how the better man is ??

If Al is willing to drive his car 3,000 miles to race you why not make it happen with your boys at SCC and let him into the contest ???

Are you afraid?
Like I said, I'd love to see Al at the SCC shootout. Instead of crying to me, which really doesn't do anything, why doesn't he simply call them up and ask to get in? Yeesh... it's a lot more productive than stomping his feet and insisting that I have some power of influence over the magazine folks. What a little drama queen

shiv
Old Dec 28, 2003, 09:48 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts

Why are you insulting Al and calling him out and then you ban his screen names from responding in this forum?

Why are you not accetping Al's challenge to race him in the Evo shootout ? Drag race - road race - lets see how the better man is ??

If Al is willing to drive his car 3,000 miles to race you why not make it happen with your boys at SCC and let him into the contest ???

Are you afraid?
I'm looking next to your name and seeing that you have a WRX also. Have you had it for any length of time?

Al's hate club exists because he made it himself long ago. Al was the biggest trash talker on NASIOC, professed love for his WRX, then suddenly got out of his WRX, and trashes them every chance he gets, calling them "Slowbarus", etc.

Al's car is the fastest Evo VIII right now, but his time on top is getting REALLY short. Other companies use tuning to make their cars fast; Al uses the almighty dollar. Give his setup to a real tuner to work on, and the car would go mid tens with ease. But Al isn't a real tuner. He's an e-thug and bench racing smack talker. He's sought Shiv out in several threads and called his products a rip off, which is asinine IMO. Companies like Vishnu have been safely tuning several cars with quality parts and successfully making power for years.

Dynoflash is the new kid on the block, and the only option for their customers who cannot drive to the NE for a custom tune is a mail order reflash that is NOT tunable by the end user. Companies like Vishnu offer that as well, but also have other products like XEDE that the end user can tune himself. Quality products (a lot more than just ECU reflashes) AND options. Imagine that!
Old Dec 28, 2003, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Shiv
you better get a few more salespeople in there ASAP!!! i forsee a lot of kits selling

Tom
Old Dec 28, 2003, 10:25 PM

Buschu ran 11.65 117 stock turbo. that is sick
Old Dec 28, 2003, 10:57 PM
In Timeout

True, and they are the drag racing kings.

Originally posted by INNOVATIVE
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Vishnu goes to the drag strip

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu
I took my brother and his 2 yr old nephew to Sacremento Raceway today. The hotshoe I had lined up to drive the car at the strip couldn't come so, with much deliberation, I decided to take a go at it myself. The first and last time I went to a drag strip was back in 94 with a supercharged Miata (13.8@102mph... yeah!) Today, I ended up getting two reasonably clean runs in during the afternoon. I don't really know how to read the timeslips so here the are:

Run #1
Reaction 1.216
I1 2.576
I2 6.163
I3 8.774
MHP (I3) 94.439
I4 10.962

E.T. 12.795
MPH 122.020

Run #2
Reaction 1.372
I1 1.963
I2 5.155
I3 7.682
MHP (I3) 97.397
I4 9.816

E.T. 11.631
MPH 121.551

The difference between the run #1 and #2, in terms of tuning, was that the 1st run ran a lower boost mode since I was having a heck of a time keeping all four tires from lighting up in 2nd gear. For a launch, all I did was a casual street start with no clutch slippage or dumping. Basically the way your mom would drive the car. I crossed the traps bouncing off the rev limiter in 4th gear.

After everyone laughed at my 60' times (2.576s, which is appearantly pretty terrible) and launching technique, I went for the 2nd run with a bit more gusto. Raised boost to normal levels. Revved up to 5000rpm and tried to ride the clutch during take-off. And take off, it did. This time, all four RA1 race tires immediately broke loose, smacking the engine against the 7750rpm rev limiter. Shifted into 2nd and the car broke traction again. Sixty foot time fell to a merely bad 1.963. Into third and the car leaned back and got down to business. Unfortunately, at least a second of the run was spent bapping against the 4th gear rev limiter as I crossed the traps

Appearantly, there is a lot of room for improvement. Looking back at the results, I picked up 3mph at the 1/8th mile in the second run, yet still was only rev limited by the end of the 1/4 to the same 121-122mph I had in the 1st run. With a bit higher gearing (through larger rolling diamter tires) and/or a higher rev limit, that extra 3mph (plus some) could stay with me to the end of the run, potentially allowing me to trap in the 125-126mph range. Or at least that is what the drag racers at the track suggested. Oh well, coulda shoulda woulda. Maybe next time.

Oh yeah, the car is running a completely stock never-openend block (not even the head studs or rod bolts have been upgraded), stock heads (no porting, stock springs, stock valves, etc,) 272/272 cams, cam gears, Stage 2 turbo system, 680cc injectors, fuel pump and full non-sig exhaust. Basically a 100% stock engine with simple bolt ons.

Car was run on c16 race gas on the XEDE's race gas map. Car was also running a stock airbox with stock filter (a bit dirty but good enough I guess). Engine has 24,000 miles on the odometer and 3745 pulls on the dyno. It has competed in 6 days of hard magazine tests. Several track events. Doesn't drink oil and lays down the smack when asked.

Cheers,
shiv

I have a video as well as some pics of the "tracked prepped" car, complete with child seat in the back and the number "506" painted with shoe polish on the window I'll post 'em up on Monday if anyone wants to see them.

It was a good day and got to hang out with friends and meet a few nice fellow EVO owners. But still, I can't believe that people live for this stuff. Driving 3 hours round-trip, waiting for several hours during the day and getting less than 30 seconds of "track" time is a monumental waste of a day. And where are the turns??!?! And the ladies??!

Not that I don't trust ya, but how about a timeslip to prove this??
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Are you afraid?
It seems that Shiv likes to ban people from his forum that don't praise him. I know others who he has banned for these reasons. We need less bull-**** talking (alltogether) and more development. Right! Timeslip for proof???
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ShapeGSX

Good point. Mueller is an ace on a road course.

And to think this guy set up my suspension...
Old Dec 29, 2003, 01:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by boomn29

It seems that Shiv likes to ban people from his forum that don't praise him. I know others who he has banned for these reasons. We need less bull-**** talking (alltogether) and more development. Right! Timeslip for proof???
Two things.

1. The time slip.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=56401

2. I don't know if your accusations are necessarily true (regarding user banning), as I am not necessarily the best of friends with Shiv nor a customer of Vishnu and have posted things he hasn't liked once or twice. Yet, here I am posting away. On the other hand, we have seen other vendors lock threads once someone posts something that they don't necessarily agree with.

Just my two rupees worth.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Very Nice Shiv. Considering your very very ****ty 60 foot time.

Al, All it takes is a 1.8 sixty foot and your record is gone!! BYB BYB no more. GONE GONE GONE GONE. By a real TUNER!

How does that feel. Shiv truly hates drag racing and still can clean your clock with fewer parts, throw engineering, PROPER tuning!! And just basic common sense.

The self proclaimed king is DEAD!!!!!!!
Old Dec 29, 2003, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by boomn29

If memory serves my correct, the only people I've ever thread banned are those who can't put together readible sentences, have nothing useful to add to the thread and persist on spreading misinformation for their own silly little ego-driven gains. Basically just Al and a bunch of DSMer who invaded from another site just to stir up sh#%

Shiv
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the link to the slip Jansolo!!
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:48 AM

Originally posted by INNOVATIVE
Don’t forget that was on pump gas with smaller cams.

Call me salty but I’m not all that impressed with Al or Shiv’s time. Keep in mind for what Vishnu is charging for their turbo kit I got my built motor AND turbo kit which led to 126 traps on pump gas and it didn’t need 500 passes on the dyno to do it either. I have no idea why people wouldn’t go with the BR turbo kit that uses the normal rotation turbos its so much cheaper its not even funny.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ShapeGSX

Exactly! You just gave the very reason FOR datalogging! Everything in the environment changes. And if you want to tune your car perfectly for the environment your car is in, then you have to tune your car on the fly. And the only way to do this is to datalog.

Perhaps the weather is 30 degrees cooler at the track than it was when you tuned your car at the dyno. So you can run more boost and perhaps even some more timing advance and get another 20hp out of the car. But you willnever know unless you datalog your engine while you are at the track. Same goes for the other way around. If the car is tuned for 60 degree weather, but you are racing on a 90 degree day, the car may not run optimally with the dyno tuned settings.

Since when is more data a bad thing?

The dyno is a controlled environment. But we don't drive or race in a controlled environment. You can get a good baseline on a dyno, but there may be more to gain given the particular conditons that happen at the track.
I agree completely.

What is the point in pioneering one of the most comprehensive end-user tunable piggybacks if you're not going to use it to its full potential?

Quick Reply: Vishnu goes to the drag strip