Originally posted by silverEVO8

Hey en1gma19, where in NC are you?
Raleigh, are you close by?
Old Jan 4, 2004, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Self edited as KK asked.

Self edited as KK asked.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Jan 5, 2004 at 08:51 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris-- I've tried. Even as the moderator, I don't have the authority to do this. I would have to delete post by post. And for some reason, I can never delete the first post in a thread so that would remain.

Franky, I'm not sure if I want to completely delete the thread. IMHO, this thread brings up a lot issues that many of us have with Al.

"But I like my Dynoflash" someone will say.

Yes, that's great. I'm happy for you.

I like ice cream sundays from my local Cold Stone. But that doesn't mean that it's okay for Cold Stone to say that ice cream sundays from other shops taste like dirt and are made out of rat poison on the forums at www.icecreamlovers.net. Nor does it mean that it's reasonable to randomly change their "professional" opinion of other ice cream flavors based upon what ice cream stocks they hold in their portfolio at any given time.

These antics of Al's grow old. I see it. Other vendors see it. Some consumers see it. Just because you don't doesn't mean that it isn't there.

Al's a little kid with a big mouth. The hype he has created for himself is just that, hype. He's now playing in a game where other participants take their jobs really seriously and based their claims on actual fact. He needs to learn the rules of the game or he'll end up just like he has with this whole SCC issue. Largely ignored by those he is so desparately trying to impress.

My 2c,
shiv
Old Jan 4, 2004, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

DAMMNITT shiv i clicked on that link and it didnt work

but everyone knows farells icecream is better

t
Old Jan 4, 2004, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

The link to ice cream lovers is ded. you have a period on the end...
Old Jan 4, 2004, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Smogrunner
Shiv, you won't hurt my feelings if you delete this thread. I probably should have stayed away from it to begin with.

What really bugs me is how Al either attacks or threatens to attack established vendors/shops/tuners as a means to elevate himself. For example, this is how he responded to David at Works who was not even taking a personal shot at Al:

"If you would care to notice - since our telephone conversation we had the last time we spoke - I have not uttered ONE negative comment about Works products or tuning methods or anything derogatory about Works

Is it safe to assume that now I can start speaking my mind about what I think about Works ideas and what I see on the dyno when we tune Work's cars ?"

He is basically threatening to do to Works what he has been doing to Vishnu ever since I discovered this Forum. That was such a cheap shot.
That's been, and will always be, his MO. Not too long ago I called up Al at work after he said some lies about us on the forum. He essentially cried like an apologetic little girl when I told him that I would take things to a legal level if provoked further. He stated that what he does, he does "for fun" and just his "pastime." I told him that other vendors, including myself, do this for a living and don't appreciate the things he says and does for no other reason that to spread misinformation to those who don't know any better. He promised he would stop but promises only last a week or so with Al. There is so much stuff behind the scenes that most people don't see. Things that end up in our mailbox with choice excepts fom Al that almosts defies belief. Some were even so alarming that we seriously considered taking things to the authorities if he were geographically closer to us.

-shiv

Last edited by shiv@vishnu; Jan 4, 2004 at 01:40 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 01:40 PM
In Timeout

Okay lets get this straight. Al sent me a e-mail asking about the flash and I wanted to do it but as I said 2 times before I HAD TO WORK ON THAT SATURDAY, I was not scared, or spitting in his face I just could not go and I told him so on the phone so stop acting like it was a big deal and get your facts straight. Now about poor Al, all I was saying is I would do EVERYTHING for him pay to get him and his car there and rent the track because I felt bad about that he could not get into SCC. If you read the post he LIED about not getting in but he never called back when they called him and OFFERED him to compete in the event, so who was wrong? It seems that Al NEVER wanted to be in the event but just to stir up a bunch of **** on here and get everyone to feel sorry for poor Al. If you don't see what he is doing you need some help. Also look at his creditable, would you hire someone with 4 months experience or 8 years? Also if you think the xede is a POS let me give you a ride, it super smooth and holds 20psi to redline.

Originally posted by silverEVO8

Al is a nice guy. I've met him, talked with him and seen him work. I don't know about all this crap talk, challenges, money waving, etc. I've not met of talked with Shiv, so I don't issue statements about him. All I know is that there seems to be a few guys who really hate Al's guts. I know at least one who has never even met him, and actually refused to get a free sample of the dynoflash, no string attached when Al was in Atlanta. I don't know why there is such hatred of the guy and why some of you seem to be trying to put him out of business, but it just does not seem right... Another thing that just does not seen right is to attack anyone who dares to say anything positive about the guy. Hey, let up on him and also quit attacking me. I don't even know you, I've never done anything to you or to any of your friends. I'm not going to shut up and go away just because you or Ryan are gonna do a hatchet job on me for telling the truth as I know it. Al is a nice guy, he believes in what he does and backs up his product with 100% money back warranty. I'm happy to have met him and happy to have had his help in tuning my car. I don't think is pleasant to see him reviled so.

-Cheers
Old Jan 4, 2004, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu
Okay guys,

Arguing issues like these is a complete was of time when not all the participates know the full story. But that's okay since dramas are best left to TV land. With that in mind, I'd encourage everyone to drop the subject to and move on to something more constructive

Cheers,
shiv
I agree with Shiv on this one...

All this Al vs. Shiv B.S. has got to end. People bash Al...so what. People bash Shiv...so what. Who honestly cares??? Let the products speak for them selves. I'm sure if you got Al and Shiv together, both would (possibly) have good ideas and bad ones, and they both might (possibly) agree with each other on things. We are all human, we all will have differences of opinion, and we all will select a product based on it's preformance. Let's just leave it at that ok?
Old Jan 4, 2004, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Dagon- if it were that easy, the other thread wouldn't be 12 pages long.
The internet was apparently released to the public to provide two things; two polar opposite things on the scale of good and bad:

First, *****ing about things that don't matter: movies, tuning styles, timelsips, eBay auctions, Britney Spears.

The other is ****.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

LOL Britney Spears.....is she honestly worth coverage by herself??? I thought she should just be lumped into the **** area!!! hehehehe
Old Jan 4, 2004, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

It was a tough call. But since we don't have a Britney video to compliment our Paris Hilton video, we'll just have to leave her there

Old Jan 4, 2004, 03:00 PM
In Timeout

The truth is Josh at SCC told me he would call me back . . never returned my voice mail and said he was going to call me after he spoke with the other editors . . . . . I still am waiting for his call !

Does it seem rational to you guys that he would say . . "call me on Friday. . . " and i wouldn't call him?

As for Shiv . . . . he is like the pot calling the kettle black - he makes posts like the one he made on his drag racing times - with the sub-title "Sorry Al" etc etc etc - he has this army of bashers who make posts like this one . . . . I say if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen

Funny that he is threatening to sue me, I'd love to get discovery of his financials and tax returns

Shiv - lets keep our battle out of the court room and stay focused pon the dyno and track - see you at the One Lap - later
Old Jan 4, 2004, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

At least that one was semi nonconfrontational. Read: no name-calling and yelling.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Evoitis1
The truth is Josh at SCC told me he would call me back . . never returned my voice mail and said he was going to call me after he spoke with the other editors . . . . . I still am waiting for his call !

Does it seem rational to you guys that he would say . . "call me on Friday. . . " and i wouldn't call him?

As for Shiv . . . . he is like the pot calling the kettle black - he makes posts like the one he made on his drag racing times - with the sub-title "Sorry Al" etc etc etc - he has this army of bashers who make posts like this one . . . . I say if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen

Funny that he is threatening to sue me, I'd love to get discovery of his financials and tax returns

Shiv - lets keep our battle out of the court room and stay focused pon the dyno and track - see you at the One Lap - later
Another BS account Al?

Shiv
Old Jan 4, 2004, 04:16 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by Evoitis1

Funny tangental story I was contacted by ebay after a heated 3 way bidding war. They informed me they had reason to believe that the original poster of the item was bidding me up using two other bogus accounts so I would not be suspect.

Edited for lack of knowledge of the deactivation of the Dynoflash account. Its sad I like Al as a person

Last edited by MP5; Jan 4, 2004 at 04:34 PM.