Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Altered Atmosphere Feedback?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2004, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by TurbotrixRacing

As shiv said, every dynojet in the country with the exception of AA reads the same with his stage 1 mod. Shiv we look foward to you coming up in the spring. Al ....its amazing Pruvens 1g made the same hp on our magical dyno ...
Mark
Turbotrix Racing

looking forward to meeting up with you guys again

shiv
Old Feb 2, 2004, 03:48 AM
jfh
Evolved Member

Originally posted by modvp
Hey jfh, did that yellow evo get onto the dyno?
He was just getting strapped down when I left at 7:10PM. Mark should have some info though because he did not tune until the Yellow one was finished.

regards,
Old Feb 2, 2004, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
#'s

I ended up with 312whp & 295lb.ft.

The car pulls like aSOB!

It was a a blast letting Shiv drive my car with the Blizzaks - 4 wheel drifts with snow tires . Oh yeah, no snow too!
Old Feb 2, 2004, 05:23 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Hey guys,

Yeah, we finished up pretty late in the day. I was putting down a consistent 333-336whp with the test pipe - octane and nothing would change whether we cooled the car down before the next run or not. As Shiv said the turbo was pretty much maxed out at that point.

I'm going to try and get to Altered to discuss the final bill for overage hours and also get my 93 octane dyno sheet. If anyone needs theirs, just shoot me an email from the list we had going.

The new firmware seems to be working quite well. The idle is very smooth compared to after the install. The car used to want to stall at the light almost everytime. Now it just has a nice burble to give the guy next to you a subtle hint that something may be a little different

The next day I went out and from a roll of about 10-15mph in 1st gear, I layed on in... I started a near 4 wheel spin until I shifted to 2nd! It's very easy to come around a corner and get all four wheels to want to leave the ground. I'm the stock Advans so it's making some good power.

I'll try and get a graph to compare my old run (Stage 0+ downpipe) with my Stage 1+ setup.

Mark
Old Feb 2, 2004, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu

looking forward to meeting up with you guys again

shiv
Well let's get the ball rolling. (POST ON NASIOC)
Old Feb 2, 2004, 12:22 PM

He did get on. He ended up using my MBC to increase the boost on the custom turbo setup. The highest number I saw from that car I believe was around 350WHP but the intercooler hose popped off during that run so it stopped there.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 12:50 PM
Evolving Member

did anybody here get a xflash on a mostly stock evo? Im curius to see the dyno numbers from AA.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 01:11 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

No XFlashes for the day, although the majority of us did get XEDEFlashes. Everyone at the event had Stage 1+ or some other custom setup w/ XEDEs.

Mark
Old Feb 2, 2004, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Hey KK can you move this to the Vishnu forum or something I don't think this is regional thread as Shiv is from California and his products are sold nationaly...I started this in "General" but it seemed to be moved here for some reason? I don't get the logic..
anyway, glad you had a good time...be careful in that monster.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 06:39 PM

Unhappy

quote:

Originally posted by WRC 555

He did get on. He ended up using my MBC to increase the boost on the custom turbo setup. The highest number I saw from that car I believe was around 350WHP but the intercooler hose popped off during that run so it stopped there.

I got 324 HP before the Pipe fell off between 1.2 - 1.3 Bar. The pipe is getting bead welded back on was I am writting this and I am sending the ECU to Shiv for the XFlash. Its going back on the Dyno in a couple of Weeks. Will keep you posted.
Old Feb 2, 2004, 07:51 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally posted by alddave

I got 324 HP before the Pipe fell off between 1.2 - 1.3 Bar. The pipe is getting bead welded back on was I am writting this and I am sending the ECU to Shiv for the XFlash. Its going back on the Dyno in a couple of Weeks. Will keep you posted.
alddave, sucks about the pipe blowing off as boost was just getting dialed in. Hope the next round goes a lot better

BTW, did you get your fuel back? I ended up using fuel from Altered instead, but thanks giving out what you had.

Mark
Old Feb 4, 2004, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

what gear were you guys doing the pulls in?
Old Feb 4, 2004, 07:36 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

3rd.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu

Regarding the dyno results, Mike at AA confirmed that their AWD dynojet (one of the first, if not the first, AWD dynojet in the US) reads considerably lower than the dynos at Pruven and BMTranny/Turbotrix, both of which have had regular Stage 1s (stock cams) putting down 310-320whp. Even the dungeon dynojet at Turbochargers.com in Houston saw over 310whp with all the Stage 1s. Not to mention lowly Stage Zero EVOs putting down 280-290whp at all those places.

This different results at AA came as a surprise to me since I was under the impression that all Dynojets read within a spitting distance of each other. After all, all they are doing is measuring how hard you can spin big heavy rollers. I don't know where this 30-35whp differential comes from between the AA dyno and the others.

Oh well, at least our DD Dyno isn't the only heartbreaker out there

Cheers,
shiv

I think their correction factors are off. In July my uncorrected horsepower was 244.0 awhp. The conditions at that time were 89.4°F, 30.1 in Hg, and 422 ft altitude. They gave me 241 sae corrected whp on the dyno sheet. Their calculations took hp instead adding it. It was 90 freaking degrees!

I ran the condition numbers through
http://home.austin.rr.com/turbolexus..._Dyno_Calc.htm

and got a Normal SAE NA correction factor of 1.041 and a Required Dyno correction factor of 1.051 giving me 254 and 256whp respectively.

So, something is going on over there

Last edited by sir lurks alot; Feb 4, 2004 at 08:25 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2004, 09:21 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Our numbers were uncorrected so the SAE factor shouldn't apply in this case, but this dyno definitely reads a lot lower than the other DynoJets out there.

Mark