Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi John-- No problem updating your firmware on Sat. See you then

Harvey-- Don't sweat it. See you Sat!

Shiv
Old Jun 11, 2004, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Shiv. Thanks for making time out of your busy schedule to come to CO and do some relashes and tunes. I am excited to be there. Can you give me a rough estimate on the whp I can expect off of a reflash with the following parts???

typhoon k&n intake
Helix 3" DP
Invidia 3" cat-delete
HKS 3" ti-carbon fiber cat back
HKS (VTA) BOV

Thanks for your input. Also can a CEL from a cat-delete pipe be tuned so that the CEL will disappear?

Thanks again

Smokey
Old Jun 14, 2004, 01:52 AM

Talking

Thanks again Shiv for coming out. I am very pleased with the results on my frankenmotor. The scaling of the actual maps was particularly impressive and the driveability of the car is awesome. Thanks again Shiv, and it was nice to meet you Lambtron .
Attached Thumbnails Colorado Tuning!! June 12th, Thanks Shiv-corrected.jpg  
Old Jun 14, 2004, 07:21 AM

Firmware Fabulous

Shiv:

Thank you very much for squeezing us in on Saturday for a firmware update for Diane's EVO. Man-O-Man what a difference in the drivability at idle and low RPMs. Otherwise its still very much a rocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiv/Bret you guys are the BEST! Diane and I are extremely pleased with the tune. My Stage 1+ is without a doubt extraordinarily quick for a 2.0l. Let alone at altitude on 91 Octane.

Love your magic.

Best of luck at the shootout. Make us proud.

Best Regards,
JS
Old Jun 14, 2004, 08:00 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Harvey, that torque is awesome! Is that a 2.5 block?
Old Jun 14, 2004, 08:47 AM

Yes it is I love the new motor. It ain't a modded evo killer, but it is very strong in the force.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 09:52 AM

Thank's a lot for the tune on my car shiv, sorry I had to leave early, but the car is running great anyway, I cant wait to get my XEDE and I am glad I got to meet you and have you tune my car. Great curve by the way, didn't expect it to be that good with the new turbo.

Thanks again,

Mike
Old Jun 14, 2004, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone ... had a great time, and the car totally rocks, makin the drive back to Chicago a lot of fun . I'll post some of my dyno numbers later, but for now:

- Bill, Nick, Adam, Mark (Mac Autosport crew).... you guys rock!!! I really appreciate all the time you guys put into installing all of the goodies on my Evo. Being able to watch was the icing on the cake ... I learned a lot, and by keeping an eye on everyone I know that all of the stuff was installed right (yeah I can be pretty **** about that, hehe). Thanks again ... I may see you guys again sooner than you think, hehe. I just wish you were closer to IL, so that I could refer some Evo owners your way.

- Shiv ... thanks for getting my car dialed in properly. ~+60hp gained with the stage 1 setup. I'll see you at the Chicago dyno day again, I'm sure, but for now, according to my LM-1 my AFR has only gone up by maybe a half a point going back to the lower altitude here in Chicago.

- Brian ... great meeting you and chatting. Good luck with the upcoming C&D event ... and I'll be harrasing you via PM on my gauge parts and some other stuff, hehe.

- Aaron ... thanks for organizing this event and getting my parts ordered

WRX Harvey, great meeting you and all the other peeps there on Saturday. Whoever had that first WRX on Saturday ... just wanted to say sweeeet, it was probably the nicest looking WRX I've seen, kindof a bummer that it was such a pain to tune..

l8r)

Last edited by Ludikraut; Jun 14, 2004 at 03:17 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2004, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up Dyno Charts on my Vishnu Stage 1

Alright, as promised ... here are the charts, both SAE and uncorrected. ~5800ft altitude, 91 Octane Gas and Map.

Hmm, now if I can make another 30whp (uncorrected), then my mission is complete (read: making as much power at the wheels as claims at the flywheel)

l8r)
Attached Thumbnails Colorado Tuning!! June 12th, Thanks Shiv-vishnu_stage_1_at_5800ft_sae.jpg   Colorado Tuning!! June 12th, Thanks Shiv-vishnu_stage_1_at_5800ft_uncorrected.jpg  
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Some pics from the dyno day...

Hi, here's a few pics from Saturday...

I really liked the first WRX ... very clean looking, very nice. The white Evo is mine, with Shiv tuning it ... woot! Then there's a blue STi that put down something like 395ft/lbs torque

l8r)
Attached Thumbnails Colorado Tuning!! June 12th, Thanks Shiv-co_dyno_day_sweet_wrx.jpg   Colorado Tuning!! June 12th, Thanks Shiv-co_dyno_day_ludikrauts_evo.jpg   Colorado Tuning!! June 12th, Thanks Shiv-co_dyno_day_sti.jpg  
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Talking Last pics...

Thought I'd share this with everyone ... on my way back to Chicago, I have now officially confirmed that my gas tank holds at least 14.1 gallons. Hehe, perhaps I should start a thread claiming that installing a Walbro FP has increased my tank capacity ...

l8r)
Attached Thumbnails Colorado Tuning!! June 12th, Thanks Shiv-running_on_fumes.jpg  
Old Jun 15, 2004, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Nice meeting all you guys this past weekend. Both Lambtron and I had a good time. Big thanks to Aaron from FAST and our pals at MAC Autosport for organizing and hosting the whole shabang. I have a bunch of pics and dyno plots that we'll be posting up shorty. Smokey-- check your PMs

Shiv
Old Jun 18, 2004, 12:30 PM

Hope you made your... next flight ok. Once again, thanks for the killer tuning!
Old Jun 18, 2004, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ice-slidin-fool
Hope you made your... next flight ok. Once again, thanks for the killer tuning!

haha... i did. Had to fly into Oakland airport and get af friend to drive us to SFO to pick up the car Didn't get into until 3am though since our connecting flight was delayed due to some problems in Anchorage

shiv
Old Jun 19, 2004, 11:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Thanks Shiv, car is soooo smooth with the firmware upgrade! One damn happy EVO driver here You however need to talk to that nervous cricket Lambtron about cleaning his crap out of my car ...