Distribution of water/r-oh mist and knocking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2005 | 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

ok
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Abner, how about the M10 nozzle? do you know the flow rate?

Thanks!!

Carlos
Hi Carlos, M10 = 10GPH and 1GPH = 63cc/min. So that will be 630cc/min. If you can replace gas with the alcohol, you can make your car very FAST! Trevor runs 2 X 7GPH, he should be the man you should go talk to! Right now, as you saw during the roaad tune, Al was balancing knock and power making.

Down side with running a big alcohol injector is if something goes wrong and the flow ceases.......you might have to park your car in Ray's yard.

When/if smc comes out with their failsafe system, run as much alcohol as ti takes to eliminate knock altogether, so that you can take timing/boost to the max, afr close to 12.5

Last edited by SlowCar; Dec 23, 2005 at 10:25 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

Fortunately Trevor can run 2 m#7 nozzles because he has forged internals and cylinder head reworked. He is about to install even bigger turbos(2 EvoIII turbos).

I have to see Trevors dual nozzle position, he has twin turbos but a single intake, also he converted the Twin intercoolers to a single center intercooler.

Definately Trevor is the guy to go and ask, not only this guy has been using the SMC for 5 years now, but also re runs 11.1@128 and he is a bad *** jet engine mechanic, he definately knows a lot. He is going from Denatured alcohol to Methanol anytime soon.

I will follow his steps, I am just waiting to see his results. By the way, yes, the picture that yopu posted is basicly what i was trying to explain. Technically, that shouldn't be a problem for a competitive sheet metal shop. As long as the Intake manifold is made of aluminium you should be able to weld the nozzle adaptors to it.

Here is a pic of a nice Intake manifold from Venom:

I am very tempted to go , buy one of this Venom intakes then fitt 4 independent nozzles to it, I think the results could be Explosive!!!

The principle behind this is awsome, the problem is that no one has done it before but to be honest, I think it is a ver feasible project.

Someone is already running this type of manifold with upgraded additional fitted ports for NOS, why not to make it fit so that it works with alcohol/methanol/water?
Attached Thumbnails Distribution of water/r-oh mist and knocking-venom-manifold.jpg  

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Dec 23, 2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2005 | 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Fortunately Trevor can run 2 m#7 nozzles because he has forged internals and cylinder head reworked. He is about to install even bigger turbos(2 EvoIII turbos).
You can run ~900cc/min alcohol too if you want, on your car.....you dont need forged parts. but like i mentioned earlier, the more alcohol you put in, the more fuel you have to take out and the more incylinder cooling can be achieved.......................but nothing must go wrong.
Old Dec 24, 2005 | 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

When I still had the 35R on my car, I was planning to run the car with a staged injection setup with 4 additional injectors shown in that pic. Was planning to run meth in those injectors, using the ems to control percentage of duty cycle split. those were 850's, only enough to support about 350hp on 100% methanol and shutting off the main gasoline injectors. that would have been good enough to get about 75% meth/20% gasoline fuel mixture.

I ended up not going this route, as I didnt' want to use the sheet intake manifold with the stock turbo. Still have the 1gallon fuel cell, magnus sheet intake, 850 injectors, balast resistor, injector plugs and most of the other parts ready to go sitting on the shelf in the shop. Just another project I didn't have time/effort to install.

My biggest wonder is "how much power is to be gained from going to near 100% methanol with a small turbo?". Im sure running 100% methanol, almost no gasoline, with my monster fmic that Iwould be able to run the stock turbo just about flat out...like welded shut wastegate arm!

I think this kind of complicated setup would be much more usefull with a monster turbo that can put out 40-45psi of boost. HRM I suppose we could just jump up the dry nitrous jet in the ic pipe to take advantage of the octane increase!

Last edited by DSMotorsport; Dec 24, 2005 at 07:19 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2005 | 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Saikou_kun
Even though you said "cyclone" I think you were describing this thing, SLOWCAR

Tornado Gizmo
yep yep. $62 from autozone
Old Dec 24, 2005 | 11:53 AM

DSMMOTORSPORTS,

Yes indeed , were are in the same page on this. That looks like custom welding, I belive it shouldn't be that hard to accomplish.

The only issue would be maintaining some decent pressure thorugh out all 4 nozzles. For instance, the SMC kit is basicly designed for a single nozzle even though you could possibly install both but then you will also loose pressure.

So maybe the solution would be higher pressure pump and a couple of "Y" shape brass fitting connectors.

my .2c
Old Dec 24, 2005 | 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

well.....if you are using a 7GPH/441cc/min nozzle right now with good results, and you want to do direct port inj, you just have to divide the flow by 4......~110cc/min X 4 nozzles.
Old Dec 24, 2005 | 12:01 PM

Abner,

If I decide to install the 4 nozzles I would probably upgarde the pump as well or run a secondary flojet pump.
Old Dec 24, 2005 | 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO9GRL
DSMMOTORSPORTS,

Yes indeed , were are in the same page on this. That looks like custom welding, I belive it shouldn't be that hard to accomplish.

The only issue would be maintaining some decent pressure thorugh out all 4 nozzles. For instance, the SMC kit is basicly designed for a single nozzle even though you could possibly install both but then you will also loose pressure.

So maybe the solution would be higher pressure pump and a couple of "Y" shape brass fitting connectors.

my .2c
yes, it was obviously custom welding, but nothing one of my employee's couldn't handle in an afternoon.

As for feeding this kind of aditional electronic injector system, you don't leave it up to a shurflo or flojet pump. To run a high power engine off of 100% methanol and completely shut off the gasoline, you really need a complete second fuel system. Fuel cell, big aeromotive "1000hp"pump, -6 lines, FPR, -6 return line.

For a static flow mechanical nozzle setup that is just split to 4 small nozzles, I would think it would work out fine with a shurflo or flowjet pump. There are guys running the 150psi shurflo pump with dual M15 nozzles. If the pump can handle that flow/psi it can definatly do 4 M5's. I woudn't use Y connectors, I would feed the main line into an NOS distribution block....like this 1 in/4out Y junction.
Old Dec 24, 2005 | 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

The other issue I can see with running a 4 port static meth kit would be the nozzle install intself. the M5, M10, M15 type nozzles thread in from the inside. I woudn't want to put the system together and decide that a few weeks later the nozzles are too big/too small and have to remove the intake manifold to remove/replace them. You also have major pita to remove them to check for clogs/spray. There might also be an issue with the cast stock intake manifold's wall thickness and not being able to get enough thread on the nozzle exposed outside the manifold to solidly make the hose connection without leaking.

For this involved of a setup, I think using nos fan jets might be more user friendly. They thread in from outside, use -3 stainless hose, and use adjustable nos jets for flow tuning.

This is what Im talking about for the NOS fan jet.

Last edited by DSMotorsport; Dec 24, 2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2005 | 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Abner,

If I decide to install the 4 nozzles I would probably upgarde the pump as well or run a secondary flojet pump.
Flojet
Demand spray pump
LF122202
SN:XXXXXXXX
12VDC
4.0Amps
Flow:1.0gpm(3.8lpm)

The pump can push 1GPH / 3785cc/min. U got more than enough flow
Old Dec 24, 2005 | 12:18 PM

Definately that is a good splitter. 4 in 1, very compact. As far is the flow system, I don't see why not to install either a bigger pump or run two simultaneous alcohol/water systems with one single controller.

Everything should be wire up in parallel, one single boost solenoid sensor would provide the signal(boost), one single controller should controll both pumps and you could do either two single one gallon tanks or just built single tank with two external pumps.

The one thing that has to be upgraded is perhaps the current, you might want to build a secondary power source for the second pump.

But all this is just me speculating, there are many ways of doing it. I always wonder if one single nozzle with higher flow rate installed into the UICP would be as efficient as 4 smaller nozzles with smaller flow rate but positioned directly in the path of the fuel injection system.
Old Dec 24, 2005 | 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...53&postcount=1

Check out the nozzle EvoTio uses. The are installed from the outside and range from 160cc/min to 310cc/min @7bar/100psi. I remember reading somewhere that there is a nozzle even smaler than the 0.4mm-160cc/min......
Old Dec 24, 2005 | 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

But all this is just me speculating, there are many ways of doing it. I always wonder if one single nozzle with higher flow rate installed into the UICP would be as efficient as 4 smaller nozzles with smaller flow rate but positioned directly in the path of the fuel injection system.
Trevor found that 2 smaller nozzles works better than a big one, we just spoke about that the other day at the track. better atomization

Quick Reply: Distribution of water/r-oh mist and knocking