Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Distribution of water/r-oh mist and knocking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2005 | 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Distribution of water/r-oh mist and knocking

Since most of us here are using a single nozzle/point injection, how does everyone ensure that you got the same amount of antidetonant going to each of the 4 cylinders?
I'm thinking that maybe the injected amount might be enough but not well homogenized so knocking happens in 1 of the 4 cylinders?
Maybe one of those stainless cyclone gadgets will help churn the mixture of air/mist?
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SlowCar
Since most of us here are using a single nozzle/point injection, how does everyone ensure that you got the same amount of antidetonant going to each of the 4 cylinders?
I'm thinking that maybe the injected amount might be enough but not well homogenized so knocking happens in 1 of the 4 cylinders?
Maybe one of those stainless cyclone gadgets will help churn the mixture of air/mist?
Im thinking of possibly "direct porting" on my evo eventually with a small nozzle in each cyl..possibly an M5 or M7? I kind of worry about the distribution also when spraying alot of meth in the IC pipe.
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

I have seen in this forum of someone that actually had an aftermarket intake manifold with an external alcohol or NOS fuel rail welded into the fuel injection chambers. It looked really seek.

I have to do some research on that but I already have seen in a picture the principle on what Slowcar is refering too.
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Is this what you referred to >>SLOWCAR

Even though you said "cyclone" I think you were describing this thing, SLOWCAR

Tornado Gizmo

Last edited by Saikou_kun; Dec 23, 2005 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Respond to correct person
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

I don't what are you talking about. That is a completely different issue that is not even related to this topic. We are talking about alcohol/water/methanol mxiture being injected here.

I know what the tornado does in your car(it is a waste of money) but anyway, no, I was talking about a manifold that has a single injector welded on each individual manifold intake port for each cylinder.

The tornado is a product that TV advertizes at around 0200am to 0500am and no one cares neither no one buy it because it is one of the biggest scams. They put a tornado in one ford taurus and claimed to gain around 20whp on the TV add.

Their Dyno is simply ridicolous, it is a gauge reading dyno, it is a big time scam
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

I've been thinking about this also.
I saw a Nitrous injection kit that had these speacial nozzles that are mounted under the fuel injectors. The nitrous and additional fuel are plumbed into the nozzles for a clean, no drilling, direct injection set-up.
My only concerns would be, what are the sizes and spray pattern of these?
And, will these affect the fuel injectors spray pattern negatively?
I the nozzles were the correct size and don't interfere with fuel spray then you could get direct injection for your WI system.
Maybe somebody could make these for WI?
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Saikou_kun
edit
Why did you remove the link that i saw b4 going for dinner? I got another pic here....one of this before the water/r-oh injector will homogenize the air/mist nicely so each cylinder gets an equal share of the good stuff

Last edited by SlowCar; Dec 12, 2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DSMotorsport
Im thinking of possibly "direct porting" on my evo eventually with a small nozzle in each cyl..possibly an M5 or M7? I kind of worry about the distribution also when spraying alot of meth in the IC pipe.
M5/M7 = 315cc/min / 441cc/min@100psi...........you will never be able to get the car to knock
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Why did you remove the link that i saw b4 going for dinner? I got another pic here....one of this before the water/r-oh injector will homogenize the air/mist nicely so each cylinder gets an equal share of the good stuff
Abner,

You are not insinuating that that vector generator actually works right?, Cmon man, you are a real engineer, you know those vortex are the biggest scam in the world. Those things are a big scam. If you watch the tv show at around 0200am they claim to gain more than 20WHP in a Ford Taurus.

I will have to ask the number one question everyone would ask you. If this "vector generator" really works how come no manufaturer had ever implemented on their production cars?
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

M5/M7 = 315cc/min / 441cc/min@100psi...........you will never be able to get the car to knock
Abner, how about the M10 nozzle? do you know the flow rate?

Thanks!!

Carlos
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
Abner,

You are not insinuating that that vector generator actually works right?, Cmon man, you are a real engineer, you know those vortex are the biggest scam in the world. Those things are a big scam. If you watch the tv show at around 0200am they claim to gain more than 20WHP in a Ford Taurus.

I will have to ask the number one question everyone would ask you. If this "vector generator" really works how come no manufaturer had ever implemented on their production cars?
the cyclone in TV advertisements are used to "swirl" air around the intake....for what purpose, i dont know!

in water/r-oh injection case, i am thinking that the turbulance caused by the little thingy will "tumble and mix" the air and mist, so each of the 4 little cylinders will get "drunk" at the same time.....w/o one being less drunk than the other 3
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

i actually bought one of these to use with my axial injection but returned it because it was slightly too small. The next size up was what i needed but was a special order item......
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

The one throtle body that me and Bishiboy are telling you is a custom made Throtle body with grooves for single nozzles, each one is individually installed for each cylinder. Each nozzle get even amount of flow and pressure.

Unless you do the indivudual nozzle for each cylinder I think you will have problems reaching all the cylinders with the same amount of flow and pressure.
Most of the systems right now injects right at the throtle body intake inches before the butterfly, that means that the far cylinder gets less flow,pressure and speed.
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

brb, going to aquamist forum page to steal a pic

Last edited by SlowCar; Dec 12, 2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2005 | 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Read your pm

Quick Reply: Distribution of water/r-oh mist and knocking