Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Breaking up really bad with meth

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2006, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Breaking up really bad with meth

I was driving the other day and I came across a quick car, flipped the switch for the meth, got on it and pop pop pop pop! Im like ****. I switch it off and it runs fine. I changed the plugs same as they were before bpr8es gapped at .025. Any other suggestions? Should I clost the gap to .022? give me a bone here please.;
Old Feb 24, 2006, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Luke WL.
I was driving the other day and I came across a quick car, flipped the switch for the meth, got on it and pop pop pop pop! Im like ****. I switch it off and it runs fine. I changed the plugs same as they were before bpr8es gapped at .025. Any other suggestions? Should I clost the gap to .022? give me a bone here please.;
The first thing I would try is yes gap to .022 but be sure to use a feeler gauge and gap the entire strap to .022 not just one edge. You might need to change the plugs too but don't know. Run BPR7ES if possible.
Old Feb 24, 2006, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lower the gap to .022!! "8"'s. go look at my video "smokedmustangs misfire caught on tape!" Does it sound like that???? Let me know.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:39 PM
Evolving Member

sounds just like that.. regapped, problem solved. But i went to .20
Old Feb 28, 2006, 10:49 AM

If it's popping, bogging, etc, you probably have too much flow at activation. Gapping the plugs down can help, but it's a bad approach. Then you are reducing your ignition performance under every driving condition.

Activate it at higher boost if possible, or reduce your total flow by using a smaller nozzle.

Also, if it runs really rich already, and then you add methanol/water to that, it only gets worse. You need a proper AFR for it to work. Making a rich mixture richer will only hurt performance.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 07:46 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TorquefreakTune
If it's popping, bogging, etc, you probably have too much flow at activation. Gapping the plugs down can help, but it's a bad approach. Then you are reducing your ignition performance under every driving condition.

Activate it at higher boost if possible, or reduce your total flow by using a smaller nozzle.

Also, if it runs really rich already, and then you add methanol/water to that, it only gets worse. You need a proper AFR for it to work. Making a rich mixture richer will only hurt performance.
Thanks for the input, but Luke's car is already tuned. You can't give advice if you do not even know his tuning platform.

I spoke with Luke the day he described this and he was advised to go as low as .015 gap on the plugs.

Personally on stock ignition, we used .026 without a problem, but the mileage, age and condition of the coils will vary the gap you can use without misfires.
Old Feb 28, 2006, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
misfires suck.
i gotta try a set of 8's again...7es are good...heard i should be running 8's.