Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Snow Performance questions and answers...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
Looks like you have it wired correctly and yes the leds have a power and ground side, but they are not labeled since both wires coming out of them are white...
Any way to distinguish or just test and see?

Also, I'm going to be contacting you soon to see about getting the low fluid indicator.

Thanks again!
-Denny

Last edited by dennyt4; Sep 25, 2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry - I need to follow up...Is the red the positive that goes to the control unit and the white is the ground?

Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats nice and small...stealthy
Old Sep 27, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
Any way to distinguish or just test and see?

Anyone? I know it's probably a stupid question, but I'd rather just do this once...is the red wire coming from the supplied LED the one that goes to the control unit, and the white is the ground?

Thanks a bunch!
-Denny
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:27 AM
Account Disabled

I am 99% sure that you have it correctly, the last kit I installed still had the leds with two white wires but I guess they recently switche to the red and white...you can test it by putting the red in some power source, ie a fuse outlet and grounding the other side...
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

I am 99% sure that you have it correctly, the last kit I installed still had the leds with two white wires but I guess they recently switche to the red and white...you can test it by putting the red in some power source, ie a fuse outlet and grounding the other side...

Perfect - thank you AGAIN!
Old Sep 29, 2006, 04:50 AM

guys the kit sounds great , whats the price on one of these kits with the safe injection option. posted to Australia.?
Old Sep 29, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

OK, I have the kit up and running with my little LED's lighting up

I have a custom tune and hit peak boost around 22 psi (sometimes it goes to 22.5). I decided to turn the meth pump on without upping the boost or any changes just to see what happens. Wow - even without a retune for meth, the car is faster.

I do have a question though...I now see full boost 22-22.5 in ALL gears, including 1st! Is this normal?

Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2006, 01:22 PM
Account Disabled

Glad to see it is all working well now, becareful spraying meth without a tune, you will foul your plugs out very quickly do to the excessive rich conditions...you will definitely see an increase in boost across the boards while running meth...
Old Oct 8, 2006, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

I installed my SafeInjection and solenoid on Tuesday, and was tuned on Wednesday. I have been running just fine since then, until last night.

Most of the night was fine - no light, but then the SI light came on. Now, every time I hit the boost level where the pump starts, the yellow SI warning light "blips" immediately, then goes away. However it does come on again as boost climbs. It comes on sooner and stays on longer in 5th gear. I didn't push it hard after the light started coming on because I don't want to damage anything, but I also don't feel any difference in boost when the light is on, and my boost gauge does not show a drop in pressure.

What would cause this? I seem to be pumping fluid because the level in the tank goes down. Exactly how do I go about testing this to see what is wrong? What should I be looking for? I really don't know where to start.

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2006, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eshark
Where are you guys tapping for a boost source. The tees given in the kit are very small like the little plastic black hose for the controller. All of my boost lines are a little larger in diameter. What did you do?
Can someone please tell me where they used this hose??? I am unsure what "boost sourse" means. thanks. great kit btw!!!
Old Oct 14, 2006, 08:22 PM
Account Disabled

Do a search for MBC install and you will find your answers there, if you still need help let me know and I will help find a link for you
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:03 AM
Evolved Member

Do a search for MBC install and you will find your answers there, if you still need help let me know and I will help find a link for you
Ok, so the line from your mbc to your turbo nipple is what you are using? You cut that and place the T-line in it and run a hose to the Safeinjection housing?
Old Oct 15, 2006, 04:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOLVEU
Ok, so the line from your mbc to your turbo nipple is what you are using? You cut that and place the T-line in it and run a hose to the Safeinjection housing?
Not "T'd" into the SafeInjection unit - It goes into the solenoid. Sorry if I misunderstand what you are saying, but the only thing connected to the SafeInjection unit (black control box) itself should be the red line (in and out) and the wiring.

Like I said, if I misunderstood what you are saying, I'm sorry.

Good luck.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ its cool. I meant the Boost Cooler controller. There is a black hose that came with it(its really short) and Im unsure of where it goes. Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Snow Performance questions and answers...