Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Snow Performance questions and answers...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Eshark
Safe injection has changed my mind.
Me too, Since I'm not yet tuned for methyl I have done tests to make sure the safinjection works. First test, I ran my tank dry durring a pull, with MBC adjusted to 22, got a steady warning light and boost climbed to a whopping 13 psi. I did tests with same results by removing the pump wire lead, and yet another by removing the hose going to the flow meter (SI) and spraying the H2O out from underneath hood.

System works and is reliable if installed correctly and settings are set reasonable
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know 500whp.com sales this kit, but who else? Note - I don't have a problem with 500whp.com, just looking around.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 06:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Eshark
One more thing....what LED indicator lights come with the kit. From the looks of Snow's website it comes with a Power LED, and the Low tank and/or low pressure LED's are extra?
Sorry for all the questions, but the lack of failsafes have kept me away from alky injection. Safe injection has changed my mind. My ECU+ will pull timing if it knocks, and safe injections plus the solenoid will drop boost.
The regular kit comes with a green led for power, the safeinjection comes with a yellow led for a warning and if you get the additional low level led is a red one.

Dan
Old Jun 2, 2006, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Has anyone used the low level led in the winshield washer tank? If so, where did you place it?
Old Jun 2, 2006, 09:29 PM
Account Disabled

Most people that get the kit do without the low level especially when they get the safe injection, but it is a nice feature ot have and I will probably be installing one on my evo at some point in the future.
Old Jun 3, 2006, 03:12 AM
Evolved Member

No low level for me, just another harness to add and another place that may leak, With the 4.8 qt intercooler res I just fill it up through a filter kinda fun for me
Old Jun 3, 2006, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

^ I have a 05, or I would use the intercooler res. I think the windshield washer res is just over a gallon.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

Here's a copy of the wiring diagram for the kit plus the Safeinjection System (just for everyone's reference):
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

There's one detail I added to this circuit on mine - I put a 15 amp fuse on the pump lead so if the pump blows the fuse, the SI can still power up the WGA sol. The main key-on source is a 20 amp which will still be closed in this case.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
yea next time I do a pull I will post, I run a peak of 29 degrees and around 13ish for peak torque I believe. Boost is between 26 and 28 psi.
Do you have any postable documents of your current maps yet?

A perfect world would provide one before on pumpgas and one after using the methyl:H2O mix to compare. But that would be too easy.

Not that I have any idea what I'll be looking at - just curious.

Thanks
Old Jun 6, 2006, 02:52 PM
Account Disabled

I will post them up when I get a chance, just been real busy...
Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, I'm going to make 2 posts in a row here.

Post 1 will be some pics of my current status on the install of the kit.

Post 2 will be a question...

Here's a pic of my pump installed underneath the stock washer tank in the trunk. Note the black wire from the pump is grounded just below the tank. The red pump wire is run through the trunk into the cabin of the car. The red alky hose follows the red pump wire (ignore the hacked black and white sub speaker wires).

Here's the controllers mounted underneath the passenger seat. I'm going to velcro them to the floor so they stay in place, but can be moved to make adjustments as needed.

Looking from the back seat toward the front of the car:

Looking from the front seat toward the back of the car:

We ran the red alky hose from the cabin into the engine bay through an existing hole, and it's zip-tied to a hose temporarily until I tap in the injector.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, question time.

In the below pic, I have a transformer that came with the kit. I have no idea where this comes into play. It's not noted in the instructions anywhere. Do I have to use it? (it's on the left in the pic):

In this pic, you can see we ran a green wire off the controller into the engine bay (tucked under the strut brace on the left), because I still haven't hooked up the safe injection solenoid. How do I wire the solenoid? It has 2 black wires coming off it. Does one go to the green wire and the other to a ground point?

I haven't wired up the LEDs yet, I'll tap those in this weekend. I'm thinking about installing them in my storage compartment below the stereo/HVAC. It looks like I can mount them in the front/top of the compartment so they'll be visible while driving, but I can drill a stealthy hole in case I ever have to remove them.

I also still have to run a vacuum hose for a boost source, I'll run that through the same hole the akly hose enters the engine bay.

Any feedback is appreciated! **Thanks to Halleys for the help with the install yesterday.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Nice

Doesn't matter what black lead goes to ground, so your right, one black wire connected to green trigger voltage (SI out) and the other to a GOOD ground source.

Your engine looks nice, mivec too - me jeulous.

I have the exact same kit - SI, VC25 - it works great even untuned but now my clutch is dying so that will postpone the tuning further.

Imagine fitting the whole shebang, not to mention a 4.8 qt res, under the hood, stock battery too. Dont ask how , nonetheless good work
Old Jun 13, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

what are some of the main differences (besides price) between Aquamist and the Snow Performance kits?

Quick Reply: Snow Performance questions and answers...