Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

torn between these alky kits. help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
torn between these alky kits. help

Guys i have searched and found two alky kits iam torn between, the smc kit and the aquamist kit. Since iam a novice in the alky department iam alittle lost in which kit to get. I like the aquamist kit due to the dds3 system. due these two kits have reliable issues, and can you use denatuer alcohol in the aquamist kit. btw does the aquamist kit need a special additive due to seals in the tank?. any info would help. thanks

Last edited by j3ffw19; Jul 11, 2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know much about the aquamist, but I have the SMC in my IX and I love it. It mounts in the trunk, and I've never had a problem with it.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Get the AMS one!!! Got bigger & stronger pump! Go look at their site.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Get the AMS one!!! Got bigger & stronger pump! Go look at their site.
could i hook up the dds3 system to it?, i also want to keep the windshield washer bottle, do they make a holding tank that i could install on the driverside of the trunk?

Last edited by j3ffw19; Jul 11, 2006 at 05:13 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 9xfaster
I don't know much about the aquamist, but I have the SMC in my IX and I love it. It mounts in the trunk, and I've never had a problem with it.
when you have a problem, its too late
Old Jul 11, 2006, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by j3ffw19
could i hook up the dds3 system to it?, i also want to keep the windshield washer bottle, do they make a holding tank that i could install on the driverside of the trunk?
yes it can, the dds3 can work as a standalone fail safe, and its a damn good one!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

can the aquamist run alky or is it just water injection, does it need a special additive to prevent pump failure?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can the aquamist run alky or is it just water injection, does it need a special additive to prevent pump failure?
The Aquamist pump was not designed to be run on denatured alcohol. It will run a methanol and water combo. It can be modified to run a very high percentage of methanol with upgraded seals, you would need to contact Richard Lamb of Aquamist for more information. j3ffw19, I'm glad you're thinking of failsafes. Most of the "alky" users on this forum either don't know what they are or don't bother to use them. Remember it's your car and it's up to you to try and protect it from catostrophic failure in case there is a malfunction. I still say Aquamist is the best around .
Old Jul 11, 2006, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Was talking to Richard@Aquamist yesterday and shurflo is custom making a pump specially for aquamist. We should see it in a short time
Old Jul 11, 2006, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

talk to Steve at SMC too...just get a feel for what ur looking into...i have SMC myself.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackevo110
talk to Steve at SMC too...just get a feel for what ur looking into...i have SMC myself.
ha. why don't you find out where the smc failsafe is too! it was supposed to be out last november! i have no clue why i'm still sitting on this kit.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoTio
The Aquamist pump was not designed to be run on denatured alcohol. It will run a methanol and water combo. It can be modified to run a very high percentage of methanol with upgraded seals, you would need to contact Richard Lamb of Aquamist for more information. j3ffw19, I'm glad you're thinking of failsafes. Most of the "alky" users on this forum either don't know what they are or don't bother to use them. Remember it's your car and it's up to you to try and protect it from catostrophic failure in case there is a malfunction. I still say Aquamist is the best around .
thanks, Its hard to make a decision on which alky kit to buy these days. I mean they they all have there pros and cons but i want security in the long run. I want a kit that has failsafes for the added insurance. Sorry about asking alot of question that might have been asked before. I found that gruppe-s sells snow performance with a boost cut failsafe, now if only i could add the dds3 to that i would have two failsafes. Or maybe i would'nt need the dds3, better to be safe then sorry. anyways.. EvoTio and everyone else thats helped me here's to yea
Old Jul 11, 2006, 08:00 PM

Guys i have searched and found two alky kits iam torn between, the smc kit and the aquamist kit. Since iam a novice in the alky department iam alittle lost in which kit to get. I like the aquamist kit due to the dds3 system. due these two kits have reliable issues, and can you use denatuer alcohol in the aquamist kit. btw does the aquamist kit need a special additive due to seals in the tank?. any info would help. thanks
If you're interested in both kits, why not get them both and integrate them like aresix6 did...https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=202472

I duplicated this set up and received help from him and Richard when I needed it. Pm me if you have questions.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 08:40 PM
Account Disabled

Don't forget about the snow performance kits...
Old Jul 12, 2006, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

snow performance kit from gruppe-s has a failsafe, has anybody used the dds3 with that kit.
pretty much what iam looking for in a alky kit is, trunk mounted, has failsafes, can run denatuer alcohol, compatible with the dds3, and ofcourse reliable. Are there any new kits coming out with more failsafes, upgraded pumps.

Quick Reply: torn between these alky kits. help