Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Meth injection reccomendation.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2006, 08:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An alternative to the "No. 1 failsafe system" offered by TTP, which supercedes flow sensors and such elsewhere.

The DDS3 flow sensor can offer this automatic "close-loop" failsafe control:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=211896
Old Sep 10, 2006, 04:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard L
An alternative to the "No. 1 failsafe system" offered by TTP, which supercedes flow sensors and such elsewhere.

The DDS3 flow sensor can offer this automatic "close-loop" failsafe control:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=211896
The Zeitronix failsafe also has an AUXILLIARY INPUT that can be programmed that if voltage drops below a preprogrammed value that the failsafe will trigger. This can also be combined with EGT temp and or BOOST. So you could set it up like IF BOOST >22psi AND AUX voltage <3.5v, then trigger safeguard.

Obviously you could use this WITH a flow sensor this way if you must have that additional measure of protection to feel comfortable. You would already be covered however by high EGT protection and lean AFR protection.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

The latest DDS3 (only available from us at present) can work with any systems, on/off, single stage, two-stage, progressive type. You need to email me which type and I can configure the DDS3's trigger input to work with your system. I believe we have successfully picked up the pwm signal from the Coolingmist's VARI-COOL CONTROLLER.

I think the orange wire sends signal to the water pump to vary it's speed.

The Orange wire is the power wire. It simply connects to the Ignition source. The red wire and black wire are the Pulse wires (Positive and Ground). Different from most controllers on the market our controller sends the ground to the pump as well. In otherwords, you dont ground the pump to the chasis.

If you need technical specs of the current version of the Vari-Cool Controller for the purpose of integrating your DDS3, just contact us.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 05:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
The Zeitronix failsafe also has an AUXILLIARY INPUT that can be programmed that if voltage drops below a preprogrammed value that the failsafe will trigger. This can also be combined with EGT temp and or BOOST. So you could set it up like IF BOOST >22psi AND AUX voltage <3.5v, then trigger safeguard.

Obviously you could use this WITH a flow sensor this way if you must have that additional measure of protection to feel comfortable. You would already be covered however by high EGT protection and lean AFR protection.

TTP. I don't think you understand what we were trying to achieve with the "close-loop" flow sensor application. I was not trying to "up-stage" your Zeitronix failsafe controller you are marketing. I have already said it is the NO1. failsafe.

Please calm down !!!

The output from the flow sensor is used for adjusting the a/f ratio and ignition timing in real time automatically in relationship to water/methanol flow - thus forming a close-loop control. Failsafe is a natural product.

As mentioned by the poster in the link, this method can detect the following faults:

- I run out of water/methanol.
- The line bursts/breaks before the nozzle.
- The line completely plugs up.
- The line breaks at the pump.
- Any line leaks.
- The line has a partial plug up (half the amount of fluid entering the UICP)
- I put water instead of alcohol in.
- The pump dies
- The flowmeter dies
- The whole electrical system of the aquamist system burns up.

The aquamist flow sensor costs about 120 dollars.

Last edited by Richard L; Sep 10, 2006 at 11:56 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 05:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by coolingmist
The Orange wire is the power wire. It simply connects to the Ignition source. The red wire and black wire are the Pulse wires (Positive and Ground). Different from most controllers on the market our controller sends the ground to the pump as well. In otherwords, you dont ground the pump to the chasis.

If you need technical specs of the current version of the Vari-Cool Controller for the purpose of integrating your DDS3, just contact us.

Thank you David for chiming in. One of your customer has used our DDS3 in your Vari-cool system, I don't think you have any objection to that.

Please help me to identified what wire of the pump is the "pulsed wire", red or black?

From your last post. It appeared that the black wire is the "one".
Old Sep 10, 2006, 05:28 PM
Account Disabled

It seems you are upset, we are calm.

I did not quite catch what the link represented and have glad you have explained what we are looking at. I think you are assuming everyone uses XEDE. I think I have heard of one guy in the state of FL that has one of those and it is for sale.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Ive been on the hunt for a good reliable alky kit for awhile, I love the Buschur/SMC kit how they set it up stealthy on the IC sprayer bottle but my biggest concern is the reliability of the pumps that come with it though (as stated earlier in this thread). I m begining to come to the conclusion that these things just fail, and thats the nature of the beast.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 05:42 PM
Former Sponsor

TTP...

OK, you got the first part of my last message. Great !

Here is the second part...
The flow sensor/close loop system can be used for any engine controller, piggyback or standalone that has a mappable analogue input channel.

By the way, I am very please to hear there is an Xede for sale in the state of FL.

Last edited by Richard L; Sep 10, 2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ok can i ask something here??

what is smc's v3 going to be. is it a failsafe??

richard we spoke and i just dont get a word your telling me. sorry bro. but i do like the dds3.

ttp i spoke to you as well. i like what you have but seems it may be to complicated for me. im a dumb *** when coming to real high teck stuff. i just dont understand it. plus im not tunning my car. i just want to use it *** a fail safe. i want to beet the **** out of my car and when something brakes i want to know about it and call it a day. not worry about the other parts the unit does. can that be done????
Old Sep 10, 2006, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
sorry you 2, but when i talk about stuff i need my hand held because i just dont seem to get what anyone tells me. thanks for the help and dealing with my problems. i need to be home schooled. lmfao
Old Sep 10, 2006, 06:13 PM
Account Disabled

TTP...

OK, you got the first part of my last message. Great !

Here is the second part...
The flow sensor/close loop system can be used for any engine controller, piggyback or standalone that has a mappable analogue input channel.

By the way, I am very please to hear there is an Xede for sale in the state of FL.
You act like the XEDE was some random piece of info I brought up when in fact it was the piggyback being used in the link you posted. That is of relavance.

Originally Posted by jj_008
I have finally finished my WI project. With my Aquamist 1s system w/ flowmeter and my XEDE, I have come up with pretty much every failsafe I can think of. Here is a list of unfortunate events that could happen and not effect my motor:
Evom members are not mind readers. Evodan clearly does not understand where you are going with your link so it is not surprising that we find you hard to follow as well.

There is no need for flow based tuning of methanol as the MAF and MAP based controllers coolingmist, devilsown, SMC, alkycontrol and snow performance have available do a more than adequate job in the Evo market.
Old Sep 10, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

i love it when vendors slander eachother. Thank god i went with SMC. I know youre both above this, seriosuly guys no need to argue like this.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:14 AM
Former Sponsor

I gathered there are different levels of understanding on every forum, it shouldn't stop me posting links to what other EVO members contributed, even some have difficulties understanding it.

I will not treat all evo members as 12-year-olds and tell them what is good and not good for them, they can make their own minds up.

Last edited by Richard L; Sep 11, 2006 at 12:20 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 06:43 AM
Account Disabled

Meth injection is relatively new (within 3-5 years) to automotive industry. Evo owners can use all the coaching they can get from responsible vendors with the members best interest at heart. Evom members are looking for answers and a clear understanding of how things work and how it benefits them. That is why they are here.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you David for chiming in. One of your customer has used our DDS3 in your Vari-cool system, I don't think you have any objection to that.

Please help me to identified what wire of the pump is the "pulsed wire", red or black?

From your last post. It appeared that the black wire is the "one".
The controller orange wire is the 12V in, typically ignition.

The GREEN wire connects to the Ground to the device
the Red wire is the power to the device

the black wire is the controller ground and technically grounds the pump..

The blue is the 0-5V signal
the small black is the ground for the 0-5V device.

Our system is very different like I said from others.

The 12V goes to the pump on the red wire, and the current needs to flow in a loop. the current returns back on the green wire to the varicool.