Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Meth injection reccomendation.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2006, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meth injection reccomendation.

Hi could sombody recommend me a meth kit. Ive searched through alot of these and it seems there are people on diffrent sides. Im looking for something that has very good failsafes becasue i dont want to blow my motor. Also i will probably run wiper fluid since it is readily available but i might have access to meth or alky from time to time. Im kinda leaning torward the snow performance kit but there are soo many diffrent configurations i dont know what to get. thanks
Old Sep 8, 2006, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they all basically do the same thing. Get one with a good failsafe
Old Sep 9, 2006, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hate to say it because I really like Steve and the customer service at SMC, but at this point I would stay away. I have been through 3 pumps and 2 controllers in 1 year! I have friends who have had simiar problems. He always takes care of it, but still!
Old Sep 9, 2006, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoTech
Hate to say it because I really like Steve and the customer service at SMC, but at this point I would stay away. I have been through 3 pumps and 2 controllers in 1 year! I have friends who have had simiar problems. He always takes care of it, but still!
what was the problem w/ each of the 3 pumps? you run MeOH?
Old Sep 9, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

i run a 50/50 meth/distilled water and have no problems for almost 2 months now. Its an SMC kit v.2 w/a #10 nozzle. (i also have the 15 nozzle, just havent put it on yet.)
Old Sep 9, 2006, 08:57 AM
Evolving Member

Steve is awesome and so is SMC customer service.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I can see bad wiring or installation causing failure, but if those were sound I would say something was with the product..

Are other SMC users running into this? If not then I would seriously check into the intallation - something as simple as choice of solder (acid) can cause this
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
not to go off topic but how do you deside what size jet to use. you guys talk #10 and 15 etc. how many are there and how do i know whats best for my car??? what determan's the jet size????
Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

aquamist looks like a fine product. it doesn't look like it was sourced from a bunch of wholesalers like other kits.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
not to go off topic but how do you deside what size jet to use. you guys talk #10 and 15 etc. how many are there and how do i know whats best for my car??? what determan's the jet size????
#7 = 7GPH
#15=15GPH

the more methanol you inject, the more aggressive the car can be tuned(leaner, more timing, more boost). The down side is when your injection quits, your motor is toast. Thats where a good failsafe comes in, injection fails = boost is limited to WG values or "safer" map if you have an ecu that can utilize the output from your failsafe device.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
On stock Evo 8 turbo a #7 nozzle is more than plenty, I am running #10 now but dyno numbers shows no improvement on my car.

Carlos
Old Sep 9, 2006, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
On stock Evo 8 turbo a #7 nozzle is more than plenty, I am running #10 now but dyno numbers shows no improvement on my car.

Carlos
your dynoflash tune is the same for both #7 nozzle and #10 nozzle

Last edited by SlowCar; Sep 9, 2006 at 02:09 PM. Reason: was = is
Old Sep 9, 2006, 05:54 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoTech
Holy ****. I just tuned a car equipped with that kit and it performed satisfactory, but damn what if a pump failed while tuning. That would be horrendous. 3 pumps in a year is not acceptable in my book. 1 pump a year that start to go by losing pressure is acceptable for meth systems. Just have the right monitoring equipment like the zeitronix wideband with EGT and AFR/boost failsafes. Version 11 just released 2 days ago and this thing is now bulletproof for use with ALL meth systems.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 05:57 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO

Carlos
The more methanol you inject the LEANER and more aggressive the TIMING can be. Bumping a jet and expecting to be faster with no other changes not the right approach. Furthermore you should choose a tuner with years of methanol injection experience for the best results. Tuning methanol is a different animal. The same old 8* will not cut it.
Old Sep 9, 2006, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
. The same old 8* will not cut it.
Yeah, needs to be 9* or 10* - JK