Shurflo pumps of major WAI kit manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2007 | 03:01 AM
Evolving Member

ill take one
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 03:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by coolingmist

We chose the 60 W pump because in a progressive application will have a better response time than the the 100 or 150 W pump. We have every shurflo pump at our shop and have tested all of them.
why are you still trying to control flow rate by the sluggish/unresponsive progressive pump speed route when you have your super high speed valve?
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 05:31 AM
Former Sponsor

If anyone would ever test a 150 W pump and a 60W pump side by side under high pressure for an extended period of time you would see in a methanol/water injection application the larger pump has absolutely zero advantage. Its over kill. You can run the 60 W pump at full dutycyle for 30 minutes straight and the cover will just begin to get warm. Some commented earlier that the 150 W pump is more quiet, I have tested both side by side and in my tests the 60W pump is alot more quiet, however neither pump is loud.

We chose the 60 W pump because in a progressive application will have a better response time than the the 100 or 150 W pump. We have every shurflo pump at our shop and have tested all of them.

The only way the 150 W pump would make more sense is if the pumps were running continously.

Perhaps those that have commented about how hot the 60W pump runs vs the 150 should produce data to back it up and then show how that will make a difference in an application such as methanol injection that has such low usage.
(Referring comments in RED)

You are certain about this? You are willing to put your reputation on this?
Did you know Shuflo has over several hundred pumps on offer, you got all of them in your shop... and tested each one of them?

We'll deal with the other comments later.
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Richard L
(Referring comments in RED)

You are certain about this? You are willing to put your reputation on this?
Did you know Shuflo has over several hundred pumps on offer, you got all of them in your shop... and tested each one of them?

We'll deal with the other comments later.

yes Im sure that the smaller pump has a faster response time in a progressive style system, smaller motor, less mass.

Shurflo has several hundred pumps, based on about 3-4 designs. Your "custom" pump is nothing more than a 150 W motor, with EPDM seals and the bypass. I have the exact build as you do on my bench.

Deal with what ever comments you want, I could care less.

Nice day.

Last edited by coolingmist; Apr 4, 2007 at 05:56 AM.
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Isn't the starting point the PSI the systems run and optimal PSI determines required power of the motor?

So what is optimal PSI for atomization? And based upon that PSI, what is the optimal motor?
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 06:12 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SlowCar
why did you replace your stock fuel pump with the bigger walbro pump in your car?
because it couldn't handle the flow i needed, but i have not found a single situation where 60w didn't get the job done more than enough...150psi
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

yes Im sure that the smaller pump has a faster response time in a progressive style system, smaller motor, less mass.

Shurflo has several hundred pumps, based on about 3-4 designs. Your "custom" pump is nothing more than a 150 W motor, with EPDM seals and the bypass. I have the exact build as you do on my bench.

Deal with what ever comments you want, I could care less.

Nice day.

hey david, didnt you admit a awhile back that you have an Aquamist 150W bypass pump sitting on your test bench...then of course it is the "exact build"
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

That has nothing to do with what I just said. What a good way to "bypass" what I said. Thumbs up.
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 07:54 AM
Account Disabled

edit for tiredness

Last edited by Ultimate CC; Apr 4, 2007 at 09:01 AM.
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
because it couldn't handle the flow i needed, but i have not found a single situation where 60w didn't get the job done more than enough...150psi
even with meth injection...?
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Last edited by SlowCar; Apr 4, 2007 at 09:27 AM.
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 08:19 AM
Account Disabled

even with meth injection...?
yup...i have tuned a bunch of locals and not a single issue...other than them running 11s haha...
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 08:20 AM
Account Disabled

soo is that NO
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 10:32 AM
Former Sponsor

You based this result on your tests over "ALL" Shurflo pumps? Or based on assumption " smaller motor = less mass"

Please clarify - making public statement on an assumption is misleading.

How can you produce several hundred pumps on 3-4 designs?

We have made several changes to our pump after it has left Shurflo's factory. Stop assuming.
Old Apr 4, 2007 | 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Richard L
You based this result on your tests over "ALL" Shurflo pumps? Or based on assumption " smaller motor = less mass"

Please clarify - making public statement on an assumption is misleading.

How can you produce several hundred pumps on 3-4 designs?

We have made several changes to our pump after it has left Shurflo's factory. Stop assuming.
Richard, Quit nitpicking. I am talking about YOUR pump vs ours. How about that? On a progressive system take your pump and put ours and our pump has a much faster response time.

There you go. No ambiguity.

Quick Reply: Shurflo pumps of major WAI kit manufacturer