Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Shurflo pumps of major WAI kit manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007 | 09:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cij911
Bump for a response from Aquamist, Snow, Coolingmist, others....
cj...

Thanks for the correction, I knew I have missed something out. In any case. The results seemed to be in agreement in general. I think I will do some tests to prove this.

If the result proved to be different, we will soon know what the other variables are and pehaps iron it out. R&D starts with basic science.
Old Apr 7, 2007 | 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard L
The subject becomes relevent if we decide to use the 150W pump for a "pump-speed" system. This topic will be discussed again when this happens - there are a few more systems we are bring out very soon - without the HSV.
Well I challange you to prove that. I am quite certain the pump will always react faster than boost. Testing results would look something like this.

Proggressive alky triggered at 5psi, max boost 25psi.

time it takes boost to go from 5-25psi = .5-2.0 seconds depending on turbo.
time it takes 60watt pump to go from turn on voltage (5psi in this case) to endind voltage (25psi) is about .1 second. The 150 watt pump may do it in .08 seconds but BOTH do it WAY faster than boost responds so the arguement is irrelvant as I see it. These numbers are estimates but I think they are close enough to prove my point. Un electric motor shines on the low end with instant massive torque. Turbo spool can never be as fast. Even during shift recovery when the turbo spools the fastest it will still spool a good bit slower than the pump reaction time.

So yes your 150watt pump responds faster. But in a progressive sytem the 60watt pump responds faster than needed. Should be the end of the discussion, but prolly wont be.
Old Apr 7, 2007 | 09:10 AM
Former Sponsor

The discussion would never started if someone hadn't brought this up in the first place. Making sweeping statements in public just to gain brownie point is unnecessary. I totally agree with you on the relevancy regarding on application.

Tracking boost does not require fast response, but tracking fuel flow requires much faster response - for this kind of application, response time matters.

I will do the test just as a matter of interest.
Old Apr 7, 2007 | 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Richard L
Making sweeping statements in public just to gain brownie point is unnecessary.
You invented the concept.
Old Apr 7, 2007 | 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Guys -- quit the fighting and address some of the questions...or have the engineers that designed the systems answer the questions...

(1) What is the optimal psi for meth / water atomization?
Old Apr 7, 2007 | 12:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by cij911
Guys -- quit the fighting and address some of the questions...or have the engineers that designed the systems answer the questions...

(1) What is the optimal psi for meth / water atomization?
i don't think there is just one solid answer for this, many variable including nozzle size, mixture % (ie methanol, water, alcohol, maple syrup etc ahaha) as well has hose length and diameter...
Old Apr 7, 2007 | 01:03 PM
Former Sponsor

cij911,

I agree with UCC.
Old Apr 7, 2007 | 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
i don't think there is just one solid answer for this, many variable including nozzle size, mixture % (ie methanol, water, alcohol, maple syrup etc ahaha) as well has hose length and diameter...
Hmmmm...Ok interesting...I am sure there is an answer for pure H2O and suspect the engineers that designed the systems used that to determine ideal motor....
Old Apr 7, 2007 | 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor

cij911,

Are you looking cooling effect of the combination? Your question covers a broad area. Can you be more specific?

Small Droplet size can evaporate fast but will reach full saturation at a given temperature, air volume and pressure. beyond that point no further cooling is expected at the inlet tract.

Saturated air will carrying the remaining liquid into the combustion chamber, cooling capacity will be fully spent during combustion.

Last edited by Richard L; Apr 7, 2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2007 | 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

I am looking for cooling and octane boost, so I can run more boost & timing ...
Old Apr 21, 2007 | 12:02 AM
Former Sponsor

It would be nice to have two sets of jets. One immediately after the IC and the others, perhaps port injection for octane boosting and in-cylinder cooling.