Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

AquaTune system

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2007, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AquaTune system

Im looking at getting a water/meth injection set up on my evo VIII with a few aftermarket engine parts and works tuning. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard anything about the AquaTune system (http://www.aquatune.com/overview.html)? I am also open to any suggestions of any other systems people have had good experiences with. Also, is tuning a must after installation of an injection system, and how much boost should I expect to push with a stock turbo? Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Aquamist systems are regarded as some of the most advanced systems on the market. Read about more about them in this section of the forum and see which one is right for you.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aquatune does not inject alky it is for water only. It uses a totaly different system from all the other systems on the market. It breaks up the H2O molecules using ultrasonic waves.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Auqa tune is a bit different than your ordinary water injection system. It uses a high frequency wave to split the water into its components. No one on here has tried this on the evo. I dont know what it would do power wise. But the feedback from all those who increased their gas mileage is pretty dramatic. And nothing was done to the tune. And there is even some videos on the hydrogen combustion that takes place when the water is split. It sounds like a bunch of hype and looks very expensive for the device you get. I have been tempted to try one on my economy car. I have never seen one on e-bay so that in itself indicates it may indeed work. If your gas mileage went from 30 to 38 mpg would you try to resell it?
Old Sep 24, 2007, 02:32 PM

sorry, the link i posted above dosnt work...heres one that does: http://www.aquatune.com/index.asp It seems like the aquatune system is pretty effective from everything iv read about it, and its much cheaper and simpler than the aquamist. Anyone know how much tuning i'm looking at depending on which system I get also?