Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mind sharing the spreadsheet?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 08:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dudical26
Mind sharing the spreadsheet?
Perhaps... PM me and we will talk. If I put it out publicly, I will need to add a few "disclosures" lol
Old Oct 17, 2007, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
add them and post it.... all info is good info. If we use it and it doesnt work, its on us, not you
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
you can wire in a switch to keep the boost controller working when the aquamist is off, but when the aquamist is on, you want it to turn the boost controller off if a failsafe is triggered. that is why you need a toggle switch to give the boost controller power when the aquamist is off.
If this method was used then the user would manually have to change the boost setting on the gauge or it would be running the boost set for the meth system, right?

Is there a way so the solenoid can be disconnected via a relay (or something else) if the meth is turned off, therefore defaulting to wastegate pressure and allowing the gauge to still monitor boost?
Old Oct 18, 2007, 01:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mfr122887
If this method was used then the user would manually have to change the boost setting on the gauge or it would be running the boost set for the meth system, right?

Is there a way so the solenoid can be disconnected via a relay (or something else) if the meth is turned off, therefore defaulting to wastegate pressure and allowing the gauge to still monitor boost?

pin 11/12 is a relay in the DDS3 box. so when the meth is turned off, or a failsafe is triggered, pin 11/12 is an open circuit. if the aquamist is turned on, it is a closed circuit until a failsafe is triggered, or you turn the gauge off. you can use pin11/12 to turn off a solenoid and default to wastegate pressure without a problem that is how the failsafe works i'm not sure what you mean by gauge still monitoring boost though... what gauge? the DDS3 gauge?
Old Oct 18, 2007, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

pin 11/12 is a relay in the DDS3 box. so when the meth is turned off, or a failsafe is triggered, pin 11/12 is an open circuit. if the aquamist is turned on, it is a closed circuit until a failsafe is triggered, or you turn the gauge off. you can use pin11/12 to turn off a solenoid and default to wastegate pressure without a problem that is how the failsafe works i'm not sure what you mean by gauge still monitoring boost though... what gauge? the DDS3 gauge?
I was referring to the AEM Tru-Boost gauge, because I think it displays an error when the solenoid is disconnected as shown in one of Al's videos. I was just wondering if there was any way around this, so it can still be used as a boost gauge when the meth is turned off. I hope I am clear in what I am trying to say.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

What I'm talking about can be seen in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0bz4hQG98Q at the beginning. When he shuts off the meth the tru-boost reads "er s" which I'm guessing stand for error - solenoid. Is there anyway to keep the gauge functionality with the solenoid disconnected?
Old Oct 18, 2007, 01:34 PM
Former Sponsor

i've not installed or worked with a AEM trueboost controller yet so i couldn't say for sure. but if it is like the stock solenoid you can use the resistor that comes with the HFS package as a load resistor to fool the gauge into thinking the solenoid is still hooked up, even though it isn't. you would have to measure the impedance of the solenoid though, i think the resistor included is 39ohm. if it is close there is diagrams of how to hook up the load resistor and still disconnect the solenoid when a failsafe is triggered (or the kit is turned off)
Old Oct 18, 2007, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

i've not installed or worked with a AEM trueboost controller yet so i couldn't say for sure. but if it is like the stock solenoid you can use the resistor that comes with the HFS package as a load resistor to fool the gauge into thinking the solenoid is still hooked up, even though it isn't. you would have to measure the impedance of the solenoid though, i think the resistor included is 39ohm. if it is close there is diagrams of how to hook up the load resistor and still disconnect the solenoid when a failsafe is triggered (or the kit is turned off)
Good idea. So basically the gauge would think the solenoid is hooked up and act normally, however the boost controller aspect would not work. Thanks for the help.