Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Aquamist Success Story Videos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2007, 12:29 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aquamist Success Story Videos

I have been collecting quite a few videos of some great results on Aquamist HFS kits

Here are some of the recent ones collected together in one spot

Enjoy

Al

I am a proud Aquamist Dealer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWqx_vuPTfo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=los-PKsRxD0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0bz4hQG98Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxx8s7X-nj0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xln8HYZI4pM
Old Oct 15, 2007, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Al wondering if you sell the bracket that mounts the tank on the back of the seat or if you know where I can get one from Sorry its a lil off topic
Old Oct 15, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

check posts by slowcar in this section of the forum. He posted a thread showing how to make one with a template and all.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Al and his vids...nice

that's how you street tune...lappy top in your lappy top
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

hes mastered multitasking - drive, tune and take video!
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Some of the videos he managed to do require at least two people. I noticed he can change gear with no hands!!? unless he is holding the camera with his mouth and the other hand did the steering?

How did he do the zoom with his mouth?

No this can't be it, he narrated at the same time... I am puzzled.

Al, tell us the secret
Old Oct 16, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Nice videos Al. I need to get past my engine break in miles and do a video like these of my Aquamist port injected SRT-4 setup. Cool thing, YouTube.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

DynoFlash - In one of the videos, you turn off the Aquamist system and the AEM Tru-Boost flashes with the error message as the solenoid is turned off. Is there anyway to wire this system so that the AEM gauge can still act as a boost gauge when the system is deactivated?

Would it be possible to have it tuned for meth and when the Aquamist is deactivated run on 93 octane alone? Can both of these be incorporated in to one map? I have a pump gas tune from you now, would it be possible to modify so it can satisfy both conditions?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 10:15 AM
Former Sponsor

you can wire in a switch to keep the boost controller working when the aquamist is off, but when the aquamist is on, you want it to turn the boost controller off if a failsafe is triggered. that is why you need a toggle switch to give the boost controller power when the aquamist is off.

also, you can set the meth to turn on at a higher boost level and run the car without meth up to that turn on point with the aquamist off. past that point if you tune it for meth, once you turn the meth off you'll be lean. if you run water instead of meth you wont have this problem, but you wont want to run the same boost as you wont have the same cooling anymore.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 10:43 AM
Account Disabled

It didn't look like there was much of a tune done on the 100% run. You can get some pretty astonishing results if you really push a 100% water calibration, but it typically takes a tuner out of their comfort zone to really get the effects though.

Some of the old NACA (old version of NASA) technical documents have some really good info on water injection. Water can literally replace a very large percent of the fuel you use. Just don't run out..... lol.

Is it becoming a common consensus that Aquamist is one of the best systems out there?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 10:55 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by KevinD
... but you wont want to run the same boost as you wont have the same cooling anymore.

Waters Latent Heat Value and combustion cooling capacity is more than double that of Methanol.
Attached Thumbnails Aquamist Success Story Videos-latent-heat.jpg  
Old Oct 17, 2007, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DeiPro
Waters Latent Heat Value and combustion cooling capacity is more than double that of Methanol.
This is true, but methanol also provides additional octane and knock resistance beyond just its cooling abilities.

They each have their pro's and con's
Old Oct 17, 2007, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DeiPro
It didn't look like there was much of a tune done on the 100% run. You can get some pretty astonishing results if you really push a 100% water calibration, but it typically takes a tuner out of their comfort zone to really get the effects though.

Some of the old NACA (old version of NASA) technical documents have some really good info on water injection. Water can literally replace a very large percent of the fuel you use. Just don't run out..... lol.

Is it becoming a common consensus that Aquamist is one of the best systems out there?
there is NO injection system out presently that has the ability to control 100% water injection like the IDC based aquamist HFS-5 - speed and precision and metering of injectant, hfs-5 is untouchable.

i look at a kit from individual component up - the other companies just slap things together and hope for the best.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=295728

go aquamist or go home.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 04:33 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SlowCar
there is NO injection system out presently that has the ability to control 100% water injection like the IDC based aquamist HFS-5 - speed and precision and metering of injectant, hfs-5 is untouchable.

i look at a kit from individual component up - the other companies just slap things together and hope for the best.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=295728

go aquamist or go home.
Good info, Thanks Player!
Old Oct 17, 2007, 04:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dudical26
....but methanol also provides additional octane and knock resistance beyond just its cooling abilities.

They each have their pro's and con's
This is correct!

From a few studies I have read, I have heard that it is only about 5-15% of the Methanol by volume that you inject goes towards upping the octane. The rest is simply cooling both the intake charge and the combustion process. If anyone has heard this, and knows something about it, be sure to post. I am an engineer, but chemistry is not my forte. I love learning!

I prefer to run a water/meth mixture. The ratio I run depends on the engines maximum Mass airflow, I have a pretty handy spreadsheet I use to calculate it. The Rule of thumb I use is the more max airflow, the larger the percentage of water, the lower (close to stock application) the more alcohol. Too much water on an engine that is not flowing enough air will "bog" it down, similar to the results that Al saw when he ran 100% water.

Good luck all, I am gonna purchase an Aquamist for my personal car soon. I plan on injecting 100% water, as I run on E98 currently. We will see!

Quick Reply: Aquamist Success Story Videos