Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

ATTN: Richard L and other Aquamist users

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2007, 04:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATTN: Richard L and other Aquamist users

so like most of u know if u read my thread about blowing meth during start up, i have had to turn the system off before i start the car so that it wont blow meth. this is happening more and more i am noticeing when its cold out. so when i turn off the gauge, this happens....... watch

http://img532.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ture015zm4.flv

please help. is it the gauge or something else? u can get it to turn back on but its not easy. also when it was first installed this happened back in Sept. but when i got it back on i left it on so i didnt have to worry about any more headachs. well now the headach is inevitable.

Last edited by deadbeatrec; Dec 18, 2007 at 04:37 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

i needz healp!
Old Dec 18, 2007, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OMG.....Thank you for posting pictures of Albany....I forgot how cold it was ....

Now to your post...When you say 'blowing Meth'? What exactly do you mean -- blowing a fuse, spraying meth, etc.?
Old Dec 18, 2007, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

I think it's broken? I'm sure you can send it in and they'll get you a new one. Kinda sucks though depending how you wired it, alteast it's all bunched together.

Also I have turned mine on and off a bajillion times and this hasn't happened.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

when i say "blowing meth" i mean its actually spraying when cranking over the motor when its cold out.

and i think there is something wrong with it as well. Richard can u help me and advise me on what to do. thanks guys
Old Dec 18, 2007, 06:32 AM
Former Sponsor

have you verified that it is actually injecting meth? or just going by what the gauge says? i would try removing the nozzle from the intake, have a buddy aim it into a cup, and then start the car and see if it squirts meth. if it doesn't and the guage still lights up you know it is the guage or some other electrical "noise". if it is indeed injecting meth it at least lets us know what all the symtoms are.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
have you verified that it is actually injecting meth? or just going by what the gauge says? i would try removing the nozzle from the intake, have a buddy aim it into a cup, and then start the car and see if it squirts meth. if it doesn't and the guage still lights up you know it is the guage or some other electrical "noise". if it is indeed injecting meth it at least lets us know what all the symtoms are.
well i would but i cant get my gauge back on. also yesterday when it did "inject meth during start up" the car went crazy rich to like 10:1 while ideling and it was running like it was only 3 cylinders. after about 5-10 seconds it was fine again. so im thinking it was actually spraying meth

do u have anything to say about my gauge?
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:09 AM
Former Sponsor

The gauge:
It appear that the side of the button could be rubbing against the opening of the front panel. Unscrew the front bezel and re-align. The front layer is held on with semi-sticky back - can be re-position as many times as you like.

The cranking spray:
I can modify a DDS3 JB with a power-on delay - I think this can solve the problem. Pm me you address. It will take me a few days to implement the change.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard L
The gauge:
It appear that the side of the button could be rubbing against the opening of the front panel. Unscrew the front bezel and re-align. The front layer is held on with semi-sticky back - can be re-position as many times as you like.

The cranking spray:
I can modify a DDS3 JB with a power-on delay - I think this can solve the problem. Pm me you address. It will take me a few days to implement the change.
i will look at the gauge when its not so cold out.

about the DDS3, i didnt install it and to be honest with u, i dont even know where they installed it in my car. i have looked in the glovebox, under the dash and i cant find it. so i will have to ask them where they installed it.but i can pm u my address anyways.

Last edited by deadbeatrec; Dec 18, 2007 at 10:22 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor

I got your pm. Thanks

I can see the snow on the video. Plenty of time to find the DDS3 J.box.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 04:30 AM
Evolved Member

i tried taking apart the gauge and the botton isnt stuck from what i saw. its almost like it wont click home to stay on. now i can get it to stay on but it takes me like 300 pushes or so until it finally stays.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

You are not the only one with problems turning the DDS3 on.

On both units I have it sometimes takes a few clicks to get it turned on. Not 300 though!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by deadbeatrec;
i tried taking apart the gauge and the botton isnt stuck from what i saw. its almost like it wont click home to stay on. now i can get it to stay on but it takes me like 300 pushes or so until it finally stays.
I think the opening for the button is not large enough to hold manufacturing tolerances.

If you loosen the three screws holding the panel and perhaps you can re-align the button better. Check first if the plastic front plastic panel is align well with the metal backplate.