Link to a HFS-5 dyno session:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?t=

FYI this is not the entire link

Sorry, corrected:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=282469
Old Mar 7, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, so when would someone buy the HFS-1 or the HFS-5? What application is either one good/better for? Either one needs to be tuned when installed, correct? If so, how is the progressive system better if it needs to be tuned?
Old Mar 8, 2008, 07:18 AM
Former Sponsor

HFS-1, a non-progressive or fixed rate system is more suitable for standard stock car applications where most power is developed in the mid-range. As the RPM increase, the power begins to flatten off.

Due to the mid-range power band, where most of the stress and knock occurs. The fixed rate system is most suitable because it delivers most flow in this area, suppressing the onset of knock and provides maximum, incylinder cooling. As RPM increases, the water/alcohol to fuel ratio decreses. It fits well because the requirement for water/methanol is less.

The HFS-5 is more suitable for engine with larger turbo. Bigger turbo tends to spool-up slower but will extend the power band further.

In order to assist faster spool-up time, ignition timing should be added but with caution. The HFS-5 can be set to start spraying at very low boost to assist knock suppression, so that advanced timing can be dialled in.

As RPM increase, power and torque "production" begins to demand better fuel quality so that MBT (maximum best timing) can be achieved. This is when the HFS-5 system really shines. It mirrors the water/methanol fuel flow all the way to the top without hesitation. The fuel quality is consistent throughout from low boost to high boost and low RPM to high RPM. The useful dynamic range is huge.

You can confim this by triggering the system from idle (MPS mode), you will not notice any bogging or hesitation. The advantages of the HFS-5 is not often well understood.

I like to clearify, a PPS (progressive pump speed) system, with a dynamic flow range of 70% or so, should or can never be compared to the HFS-5's delievery algrorithm. A dynamic range in excess of 1000% is normal.

HFS-1 and HFS-5 in a nut shell. HFS-1 to HFS-5 ungrade is very easy and painless.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

i am currently on stock turbo.....but i will be eventually going big turbo, built motor, and so forth. so should i jus buy the HFs-5 now and use it on the stocker so that i dont need to buy/add more parts later when i upgrade turbo?
Old Mar 9, 2008, 03:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by diablo2184
i am currently on stock turbo.....but i will be eventually going big turbo, built motor, and so forth. so should i jus buy the HFs-5 now and use it on the stocker so that i dont need to buy/add more parts later when i upgrade turbo?
If fund is available now, go for the HFS-5 now rather waiting to split hairs in the future between other upgrade components. Just one less thing to think about.

The HFS-5 will serve you well at any stage of your upgrade path.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I bought the hfs-1 and I now wish that I had gone directly to the hfs-5. I have to say that if you have the money do it now. I will be asap.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mt057
I bought the hfs-1 and I now wish that I had gone directly to the hfs-5. I have to say that if you have the money do it now. I will be asap.
There is a negative side to HFS-5, if you don't need as much methanol at high RPM, it is wasted. That said, HFS-5 does provide an inline restrictor to limit high duty cyle delivery.