Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

No More Meth for Me :-(

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No More Meth for Me :-(

Well, It seems that the time has come for me to sell my car.
As much as I love the thing, I just don't drive it enough and I feel guilty about having a car like this and not using it.

Unfortunately this was my only turbo car, and as such means that I will no longer be running meth. I have to say I'm just as sad to see the Evo go, as I am to not have a meth kit on a car anymore. I really love water injection, everything about it is exciting to me.

I know I will have meth/water injection again another day, but until then I'm going to be a little sad,

I hope to still be active in the meth injection section of the forum and continue to help answer questions about Aquamist kits, I love their products, and hey someone has to keep nagging Richard to make things even better

On the plus side if anyone wants to buy a mint condition HFS-5 that has many nice modifications please check this out.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 09:01 AM

No worries, I'm sure we could keep busy with my new HFS-6! Its a sad sad day for the water/alcohol injection community.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 03:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Alcoholism+boost is an addiction, not that easy to get rid off. You will be back very soon.

Well keep me upto date with any new ideas.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 05:41 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope you didn't loose your job. I to said I had to sell my car but thank god it didn't come to that. Hard to hear another meth user going especially since so many are E85, we need more meth guys.
may I ask why your not driving it?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Thankfully I did not loose my job. My car is a pretty long way from stock. It has a lot of weight reduction and a pretty loud exhaust & open dump wastegate. I have no sound deadening and only 2 seats in the car. Basically I turned the car into a race car, which was great when I was going to the track or street racing, but I don't really do that stuff anymore and the car is just a little to crazy for me. I just need something to drive to work in and relax when I'm coming home from work, and the Evo just doesn't do that for me. I'm not trying to say I'm about to get a Buick Lesabre or something like that, but I would like to move the balance of my car away from race and a bit towards luxury.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 08:40 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well you could always just put the seats back in and maybe take off the exhaust and maybe some others to make it more feasible to drive to work.
what cars are you looking to get?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 09:34 AM
Account Disabled

My guess is a Bimmer or an Audi. Alex is a cool guy and he's helped me out with my meth kit. I'm almost ashamed to admit that I haven't been tuned for it yet and it's been months......possibly a year now. Hey man let me know if you have a spare meth pump.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

I could do rear seats, and take off exhaust and all that, but then I would just be bored in the car. It wouldn't be fast or luxurious, sure it would be a little less noisy, but it’s still not a luxury car in the sense of the word. And I would always be disappointed by remembering what it used to be.

Import Junky is correct with his guess; I’m looking at a BMW. Also, what are you waiting for, get tuned already, lol.

I don’t have an extra pump, sorry. I do have an extra flow sensor, junction box, and gauge, but that’s it.

If you know anyone looking to get a meth kit, please send them my way. Or even someone looking for a 2006 Evo IX w/ 15k miles for that matter.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Luck Dudical! Im sad to see you go, I will miss our discussions and the fun we have had. Hope to hear from you and continue developing new ideas!

GL

Evan Smith
Old Jun 10, 2009, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Evan, I hope to stick around the forums even when I have no Evo.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 06:29 AM
Account Disabled

Hey Alex, don't forget to post up pics of the new whip when you get it. I'm sure with all the Beamers sitting in your driveway that you're family is considered preffered customers at the local dealership. I'm sure you'll get yourself something sweet for a killer deal.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Import Junky
Hey Alex, don't forget to post up pics of the new whip when you get it. I'm sure with all the Beamers sitting in your driveway that you're family is considered preffered customers at the local dealership. I'm sure you'll get yourself something sweet for a killer deal.
haha, you got it.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Good luck Dude
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

thanks
Old Jun 25, 2009, 07:15 PM

I feel the same way> I am fixing to part my Evo out and sell it as stock> Its just not that fun after a couple years :-(