Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

HFS-6 Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2009, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFS-6 Wiring Question

Quick question about the wiring diagram for the HFS-6. I know that it creates its own switched power and that's why it now requires positive and negative beyond just injector positive and negative.

If you look in the diagram I attached I am just wonerding if I can source power for the Unit as a hole, and power for the injector signal from the same place?

This is how I did it on the DDS3 v8 and just wanted to make sure that would still work with the HFS-6

Take a look at my diagram and see if it makes sense.

The two wires coming out of the plug going to the ECU are for Injector + and Injector -
Attached Thumbnails HFS-6 Wiring Question-wiring2.gif  
Old Jun 27, 2009, 12:36 AM
Former Sponsor

The proposed +12V supply wires (red) to the HFS-6 will work. I believe this location can supply more than 3A of current. YOuare correct, the HFS-6 creates its own fused switched 12V supply internally.

Red wire #1 (from yellow harness):
- Poweres up an internal "power-in" relay, draws about 30mA. This wire should only be connected to a known switched +12V at key position #2.
Beware! The evo uses inline resistor pack to the fuel injector+, do not connect this wire to the fuel injector+ directly.

Red wire #2 (4-pin plug):
- Main +12V supply to the HFS-6, draws ~2-3A of current maximum. This wire can be connected to any +12V supply such as - battery+, Ignition switched etc. As long as it can sustain 3A of continuous current.

Don't forget to wire the "white" wire (signal ground) of the 4-way connector to the chassis or ground.

Last edited by Richard L; Jun 28, 2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the info Richard.