Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Labonte Meth Kit Help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2009 | 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Labonte Meth Kit Help

Normally the meth gauge sits at 000 until it's spraying under WOT and my green LED lights up. Last night rolling into WOT in 2nd gear the green light lit up for a second, then the red lit up for a second and I came out of it thinking something was wrong. I looked at the gauge and it's now flickering between 002 and 003 while not at WOT and when I do go into WOT my green LED doesn't light up (nor do the yellow or red). Car does seem to be running about .8 leaner (per wideband) as if something isn't working properly.

I've checked all the hardware as far as loose connections go (grounds, fittings, etc) and everything still seems to be snug and intact. I do have meth in the tank and the cap does have a small breather hole. I'm not sure how or what to test next. Perhaps someone has had this issue before? Or could advise what I should be looking into?

Thanks.

Labonte Hardware:
IFG-20, ISG-13, VC-25D, FLS-10, IFS-10

Last edited by syktek; Aug 22, 2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2009 | 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Checked the wiring? Weird things happen when you loose system ground. Your system likely is not spraying so lay off the throttle until you find out.
Old Aug 24, 2009 | 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Test the system, make sure the pump is still functioning properly and that the failsafe isn't triggering anything.
Old Sep 4, 2009 | 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

It turns out that it was a bad crimp by the fuse box and it was only getting 3 volts causing it to not work properly. It's up and running once again.