Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Nos wet fogger without fuel - can you run as dry?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2010, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nos wet fogger without fuel - can you run as dry?

Is there any problem using a wet nos fogger without supplying it fuel? Fuel will be compensated via injectors.

The reason I ask is my car is on dyno at the moment with a new nos kit but have found the fuel solenoid didn't work and there is no way I can get a replacement.

I'm concerned the spray pattern may be bad without the fuel flowing thru the fogger. Can anyone with experience confirm?

Need to know asap!
Old Feb 14, 2010, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Yes and No to your question. Your wanting to pull additional fuel via the fuel pres, but I am wanting to know what your going to use to regulate the pres since your working with a wet kit? Its easier to just use a dry kit, but I wouldn't suggest it with a boosted car. Is it possible though, yes, you will just need to increase the fuel pres while on the bottle. If you don't do it right you will run rich all the time, and only correct when on the bottle. Which kit are you using, as I have tons of these solenoids on the shelf.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:21 AM

No there isn't a problem using nitrous only on a wet nozzle. The high pressure nitrous is supposed to kind of blow the gas into little particles to help it atomize so not having the fuel there won't really matter. The nitrous is vaporizing as soon as it comes out of the nozzle so I couldn't be too concerned with a particular "pattern".
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by datrip
Yes and No to your question. Your wanting to pull additional fuel via the fuel pres, but I am wanting to know what your going to use to regulate the pres since your working with a wet kit?
Not too sure where you get the idea that I'm trying to increase fuel pressure to compensate for no fuel flow via the nitrous nozzle. I'm using the computer to change fueling when the nos is on.

Originally Posted by datrip
Its easier to just use a dry kit, but I wouldn't suggest it with a boosted car.
why not?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastevo99
No there isn't a problem using nitrous only on a wet nozzle. The high pressure nitrous is supposed to kind of blow the gas into little particles to help it atomize so not having the fuel there won't really matter. The nitrous is vaporizing as soon as it comes out of the nozzle so I couldn't be too concerned with a particular "pattern".
Thanks - thats what I wanted to hear!

Went ahead with a 70hp shot and made 400whp on 12psi of boost on pump gas and 736whp on 40psi of boost on C16
Old Feb 15, 2010, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

when u run dry u just need to spray before the maf since u aren't providing the extra fuel to run it wet.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by wasabisnooter
when u run dry u just need to spray before the maf since u aren't providing the extra fuel to run it wet.
Thanks for the reply but I've already stated that fuel will be compensated for by the injectors/ecu when the nos fires