Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

HFS-5 messing up with 1000cc inj!?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HFS-5 messing up with 1000cc inj!?

just got my fp red put on along with 1000cc injectors and using aquamist hfs-5 v10 with it and the 1.0 nozzle.. 100% alky

well now my pump randomly kicks on and it flickers on the gauge almost like it was a bad ground triggering the fail safe (yellow led) on the flow meter gauge

do i have to adjust the trig sensor any? its at 24% right now or anything different to be able to function well with the 1000cc injectors

the kit was working fine before the turbo upgrade last week and started doing this as soon as we started it up and messing with some TUNE-age..

..help?

UPDATE:

thanks richard and everyone else on here, i went with the double pulse method and added 2 diodes to both injector #1 and #3 and played around with the trip adjustment.. now its smooth again.. sucks that i now need a new clutch.. meth made it slip as soon as it was turned on to tune

act < exedy TWIN!

Last edited by Darkn3s; Apr 20, 2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

do i need a dual nozzle setup?
Old Apr 2, 2010, 08:43 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
The trigger sensor is based on injector duty cycle. If you're running 50% IDC at 4000rpm@ WOT on your old injectors (stock for example @ 560cc), you'd be then be running your 1000cc injectors at ~25%@4000rpms when WOT.

So yea, tweak your trigger sensor
Old Apr 2, 2010, 08:49 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Also:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/wa...y-trigger.html

Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If a system is flicking and inject randomly, it most likely to be a wiring problem. Check the impedance of the 1000cc injector. The EVO have resistor packs, if there is a mis-match of impedance, it will not work well.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Richard L
If a system is flicking and inject randomly, it most likely to be a wiring problem. Check the impedance of the 1000cc injector. The EVO have resistor packs, if there is a mis-match of impedance, it will not work well.
thats weird because it was working/injecting well couple of hours before i swapped turbos so the wiring must be correct i didnt even touch it.. im leaning more towards the trig adjustment that i have to mess with

how do i know if there is a mismatch of impedance?

im using percision 1000cc btw
Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If everything was working great with your HFS-5 beforehand chances are that your FiA2 is sensing the the wrong IDC% from your huge injectors. I am running 1000cc RC injectors at a very low 49% IDC by redline with my HFS-5 for several years now. I am running twin 1.0mm nozzles I am double pulsing my injector signals. Here's a diagram of how I did it with the help from Richard several years ago.

The only change that I did to the above hook up is that I tapped into the #1 and #4 injectors. I used a pair of 1N4007 diode with my set up. Hope this helps.

Edit: I just re-read your op. Did you switch over to 1000cc injectors along with the FP Red when these problems began? The above diagram will only work if your IDC% is to low to trigger your Aquamist due to the addition of much larger injectors. Otherwise scheides has a very good solution. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by EvoTio; Apr 2, 2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

thanks man and yes these problems began as soon as i switched over to the red/1000cc. yea im going to play with the trip adjustment and turn it up some to see if it helps

and im running the DDS v10 so i dont have Fia2 and the board is a little different
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

more like this

Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoTio

The only change that I did to the above hook up is that I tapped into the #1 and #4 injectors. I used a pair of 1N4007 diode with my set up. Hope this helps.
also why did u tap into #1 and #4 injector pins??.. i just did one WITHOUT a diode is that okay or is it because were different DDS versions?
Old Apr 2, 2010, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkn3s
also why did u tap into #1 and #4 injector pins??.. i just did one WITHOUT a diode is that okay or is it because were different DDS versions?
Your diagram is just fine and no diode is needed with that set up. I tapped into the #1 and #4 injectors to get a double pulse signal to my FiA2 which is a part of my DDS3V9 set up. That doubles the injection rate to the nozzles to compensate for the low IDC that the Aquamist is seeing. In your DDS3V10 diagram I don't see that a FiA2 is used like on my V9. Richard will have to chime in on how to advise you on that. The technology keeps changing and my DDS3 V9 is looking old school now.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkn3s
just got my fp red put on along with 1000cc injectors and using aquamist hfs-5 v10 with it and the 1.0 nozzle.. 100% alky

well now my pump randomly kicks on and it flickers on the gauge almost like it was a bad ground triggering the fail safe (yellow led) on the flow meter gauge

do i have to adjust the trig sensor any? its at 24% right now or anything different to be able to function well with the 1000cc injectors

the kit was working fine before the turbo upgrade last week and started doing this as soon as we started it up and messing with some TUNE-age..

..help?
Where is your pump and relay located? What do you mean by "randomly kicks on" does it happen at idle or at low load cruise? Or do you mean it should have turned on and it goes on and off. Is the yellow led the only flicker light or are you also getting bars like it is flowing meth.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a better idea of what happening and when.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 01:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mt057
Where is your pump and relay located? What do you mean by "randomly kicks on" does it happen at idle or at low load cruise? Or do you mean it should have turned on and it goes on and off. Is the yellow led the only flicker light or are you also getting bars like it is flowing meth.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a better idea of what happening and when.
pump and relay is in the trunk

"randomly kicks" at idle mainly

it activates fine when its suppose to at regualr load

yellow led flickers on and u hear the pump turn on in the trunk for like a couple seconds off and on.. but basically random! hard to tell when it would do it

no meth is flowing on the flow meter when the random problem is occuring tho from what the flow meter gauge is showing
Old Apr 4, 2010, 01:36 AM
Evolved Member

yea i hope Richard can chime in and let me know on how the double pulse method should go for the v10 dds board and if i need 2 nozzles?
Old Apr 4, 2010, 03:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have done a drawing for the v10 version of the double pulse "large-injetcor" application.

Quick Reply: HFS-5 messing up with 1000cc inj!?