Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Universal failsafes?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010 | 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Universal failsafes?

I have an SMC kit and will be installing an upgraded Shurflo pump, I really want some form of a failsafe for the car in case I ever have an issue. I like Labonte's failsafes but I dont know if they'd be compatible.
Old May 15, 2010 | 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Aquamist still makes the DDS3 system which is a very nice setup. It consists of the turbine flow sensor, control box and gauge. If you are interested and have any questions let us know.
Old May 15, 2010 | 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

The failsafe he ^ is refering to is a great unit to add to any failsafe kit...aquamist is the best in the biz...and if you are looking for a cheap failsafe...I actually have one of the DDS3V10 that I'm looking to sale...I believe they retail for around 300 if I remember correctly, it's a gently used unit that I have...and I'd let it go for $150 shipped...PM me if you're interested and I'll send you some pics and we can discuss it more...
Old May 22, 2010 | 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

I run a SMC kit with a DDS3 V10 integrated with Tephra Altmaps & ECU boost control...It works very well!
Old Jun 15, 2010 | 04:52 PM

Most are universal. Another additional nonconventional means of engine safety is the method of redundancy, like two seperate systems running simultanously. This is how I have it set now and like it thus far. One system with a LaBonteMotorsports IFS that senses flow axially, pump, MAP controller, and two nozzles (one sprays into the compressor via solenoid). The other system consist of just a digital demand pump, 3 more nozzles, and is powered by a hobbs. Very simple but reliable.

Best way to approach what you want to do is on paper (lsd optional)
Old Jul 11, 2010 | 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by COL Knock
Most are universal. Another additional nonconventional means of engine safety is the method of redundancy, like two seperate systems running simultanously. This is how I have it set now and like it thus far. One system with a LaBonteMotorsports IFS that senses flow axially, pump, MAP controller, and two nozzles (one sprays into the compressor via solenoid). The other system consist of just a digital demand pump, 3 more nozzles, and is powered by a hobbs. Very simple but reliable.
That alot of nozzles! How do you know how much you are spraying at any time? Where do you put the other 5 nozzles? Also, you must have quite alot of plumbing for all those nozzles. The redundancy principle (backup) sure sounds good but the added complexity (more things to go wrong) sounds bad. I mean 6 nozzles is alot of extra stuff to fail or clog, etc....?