Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

EvoX meth tank locations - any good pics?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:43 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
EvoX meth tank locations - any good pics?

I've seen tephra's kit but not too many others. There is a TON of room if a mini battery would be used, standing upright, you could probably fit a 2 gallon jug with a remote fill inbetween the battery and the windshield washer tank. Has anyone done this? Any links to any EvoX install pics would be great, I'm having a tough time finding any.

TIA, thanks for giving me bad ideas :P Muahahaha!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ha, I knew you couldn't resist the meth addition I have seen a few good ones in the EvoX section, they might of been on EvoX forums though.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Here you go Scheides...hollywood did a write up on EvoXforums.

http://www.***************/forums/at...0&d=1256588868

I know there are a few others too, keep looking

edit...wouldn't let me link it...here is part of it:

http://www. other forum .com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8610&d=1256588868
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:36 AM
EvoM Moderator

LOL just goes to show how busy I am....3 weeks later I find this, LOL!

Yea that's about what I had in mind, but I was thinking of putting a mini battery sideways in the trunk and then stuffing the larger 2.5 gallon tank in there or possibly two of those 1-gallon tanks side-by-side to help cut down on sloshing.

I'm also not a fan of the plumbing or wire routing in that how-to; routing the wiring around the grommit like that will likely eventually lead to a wiring short, and running anything but a braided SS or hard metal line under the car (i.e. outside the cabin) is just asking for a crack/leak due to road debris and weathering.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...ickid=redirect

Also they have these neat little .25L 'remote fill' tanks that you can put a tube on the bottom of and feed the fluid down to your main tank. Yanking apart the molding every time is asking for breakage and a PITA!

Ugh Hollywood wtf! As I read through this it gets worse and worse. Mounting the nozzle in the LICP like that is asking for it to tear after time, and a massive, massive boost leak....is this why you're building your engine now?

Last edited by scheides; Sep 20, 2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

He actually melted part of his piston while working on his E85 tune...he wasn't paying attention to his AFR close enough and went lean. So he ended up having a small hole in one piston. His car is already back together now and running.

Originally Posted by scheides
LOL just goes to show how busy I am....3 weeks later I find this, LOL!

Yea that's about what I had in mind, but I was thinking of putting a mini battery sideways in the trunk and then stuffing the larger 2.5 gallon tank in there or possibly two of those 1-gallon tanks side-by-side to help cut down on sloshing.

I'm also not a fan of the plumbing or wire routing in that how-to; routing the wiring around the grommit like that will likely eventually lead to a wiring short, and running anything but a braided SS or hard metal line under the car (i.e. outside the cabin) is just asking for a crack/leak due to road debris and weathering.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...ickid=redirect

Also they have these neat little .25L 'remote fill' tanks that you can put a tube on the bottom of and feed the fluid down to your main tank. Yanking apart the molding every time is asking for breakage and a PITA!

Ugh Hollywood wtf! As I read through this it gets worse and worse. Mounting the nozzle in the LICP like that is asking for it to tear after time, and a massive, massive boost leak....is this why you're building your engine now?
Old Dec 10, 2010, 04:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is where we mount it using HE tanks.

Old Apr 28, 2011, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scheides
I've seen tephra's kit but not too many others. There is a TON of room if a mini battery would be used, standing upright, you could probably fit a 2 gallon jug with a remote fill inbetween the battery and the windshield washer tank. Has anyone done this? Any links to any EvoX install pics would be great, I'm having a tough time finding any.

TIA, thanks for giving me bad ideas :P Muahahaha!
hey scheides, i know this thread is from awhile back. but i thought of bringing it back to life and ask you the same if you already did the install. i had a 2 quart tank and it looked like this

the pump is behind it with some wood work that i did. i didn't have much pics of it as i removed it because of thinking of selling the car. i decided not to sell it so i'm bringing it back. i actually thought of a small battery like what you're thinking but i'm not much of a fan of it.

the meth line is almost the same routing only i ziptied it above the steel lines for protection. i was thinking of in cabin but i thought for troubleshooting i could easily see if meth is in the line or not if it is down there.

now for the meth injectors, i used to have it like 1-2 feet away from throttle, i want it a bit farther in my case. so i guess my question will be if you did install meth kit, where did you place your injectors? Let me know. Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2011, 11:18 AM
EvoM Moderator

I never did install an aquamist on my X; I installed a built engine instead It's running dandy now though on pump gas, but I started a new job with an e85 station literally 3 blocks from my office...so I'm going that route now, and it isn't cheap at the power level I'm going for!

On the injector spacing, I always recommend running two smaller injectors...dual .5 or .6's for example. Put one about 6-12" from the TB--nice and close for good knock quench. Put the second one 3-5' from the TB on the cold-side intercooler pipe--nice long distance to absorb as much heat as possible. The result is the best of both worlds and a nice reliable, consistent alky injection system!
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

i see. you're right that it ain't cheap. but it's going to be priceless. thanks for the reply! good luck with the build!