Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Meth injection and Drag Racing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011 | 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Meth injection and Drag Racing

I've been doing my research and plan on picking up a meth kit very shortly. My only concern is the launch during drag racing. I use the Studder box and Tephra launch maps and launch with roughly 15psi. The boost shoots up rather quickly once the clutch is let go. The meth will begin injecting while on the studder box. Will this have any ill effects considering how "busy" the motor will be? I'm afraid of causing an unnecessary backfire. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 7, 2011 | 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

depending on your kit..as far as i know aquamist HFS3 inject based on Manifold pressure and injector duty cycles..so you have 2 inputs there not entirely based on boost..HFS6 i think it's the same but not 100% sure on that..

CMGS injects based on boost and/or maf voltage...i think AEM injects based on boost only so it will be inject meth if your building up boost in launch control..

btw, i've read somewhere that it is bad to engines with meth kits to hit rev limit..it tend to blow up things (at least based from what i read), take note it's what i read only, i don't have any hard facts to support that..anyway, not really sure how it will behave on launch control..just an fyi..
Old Jul 8, 2011 | 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

It depends upon how your meth kit is triggered. I am partial to Aquamist products. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. The customer support is second to none and this is from across the pond no less.

The HFS-3 is triggered by injector pulse width. As the duty cycle increase so does the flow of the system on a linear basis. So if you are not reaching your IDC trigger point you will not start spraying.

Which kit are you using?