Meth in ny

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2012, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meth in ny

Were can i get meth in the ny area? And for how much
Old Apr 9, 2012, 08:18 AM

Meth can be had at any walmart/autozone ;-)

-20 degree Washerfluid (Plain blue stuff) Is about 45%meth 55% water... Heet (Dry gas in the yellow bottle) Is about 100% meth ... If you're far enough north you can get -45 degree washer fluid (more purplish) That is ~60% Meth ..

Personally I use 2 bottles of yellow heet to 1 gallon of blue juice and with a reasonable sized intercooler I make 600 AWHP on my DSM at 37 PSI ..... FWIW I'm only using a single 625 ML jet in the throttle body elbow too.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 09:56 AM

I rather not use washer fluid i want to be on the safe side not saying that your wrong about it im in the nyc area
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:11 AM

Honestly Spraying 100% Methanol is dangerous.. It is highly flammable and can expel from the BOV onto your hot manifold and catch fire... Theres also the chance for intake manifold back fire... though I've never seen it happen personally I've heard of it .... You should keep the mixture around 50/50 if you want to be on the "safe side" which blue washer fluid is pretty much the way to go at that point..

If you want to mix it yourself pretty much any place that you can buy VP race fuels you can buy M1 pure methanol.. Do not use M3 or M5 they will eat the seals in your pump....if you're mixing also be sure to use distilled water... tap water will cause mineral deposits to accue and cause your pump to fail and/or nozzle to clog..

You can get pre-mixed "boost juice" from snow performance...but its over priced Washer fluid in my book ;-)..

If you stick with the same brand, and the same concentration (i.e. -20 degrees) Then you shouldn't see any real differences in afr's.. You still need to tune for it to get final AFRs where you want them..

Also you could just inject distilled water plainly... If you have in inefficient Intercooler most of your detonation is likely due to a high Intake air temperature..and Water injection will drastically drop that and help alleviate the knock... although the extra octane from the Meth is never bad in my book...

Anyways I know You're looking for specific information in NYC which I cannot give you any details on...but I'm just offering my experience with Meth injection..I've done it on 40 or so cars and have a lot of experience with different mixtures and variations... We pulled 722 AWHP out of my buddies 2g DSM on pump/Meth Injection alone with a PTE 6266 turbo.. (using the 2 bottle of heet to 1 gallon of -20 washer fluid mixture)
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have run 100% meth for years. You will be fine with it. You should be spraying a good bit past the bov. If you are venting to atmosphere.

You should be able to find it your local race track.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:39 AM

i will run 50-50 will not risk my motor,how much is heet?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Sti69killa

Heet is less than $2.00 per bottle usually but can be had wayyyyy cheaper near the end of winter... when they are clearing out excessive stock... I usually pay around 50 cents per bottle and buy 50 or so bottles and have plenty for the year..
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:43 PM

kool thanks man really helped
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

SKSpeed in rockville center/lindenhurst has M1 available for about $10/gallon

http://www.skspeed.com
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
1282 Saint Georges Ave, Avenel, NJ
(732) 636-7300 () ‎ · roadrunnersperformance.com

Where I go cant recall how much I buy it in 5 gal drums. Actually have to pick some more up been trying to find a place in North Jersey
Old Apr 28, 2012, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts
Updated: I just called the VP rep for my area and they gave me a local shop that orders. Just go to the VP website and e-mail the rep for your area they found a place 10 min away.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sti69killa
The "risK" your motor every time you turn it on. I don't see why you feel that 100% would be worse for you motor than 50/50.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

No I see what has got you scared. I have never heard of any of these things and have been running meth for 4yrs or more (I can't remember). I only run 100%. No one that I have ever know that runs meth has had an issue with a intake back fire. I actually had to research it to find out about it. It seems that more is involved, like a bad tune or something else that could have caused it, in the few cases I have now found.

Do you think that the companies making windshield fluid are worried about using distilled water?

What causes meth pumps to fail can be deposits but also oils or gasoline. I believe that M3 and M5 both have lubricants in them or something that cause the rapid pump failure. Are you sure you know everything that they are putting in the window washer fluid mix? How consistent is it between batches? Through out the year?

If you decided to mix it your own. Make sure to use distilled and be careful about how you mix it. You will be tuned for a specific mix. If it varies to much it can throw off your tune.

What ever you do, don't go cheap on a kit.

Originally Posted by dacowgod
Honestly Spraying 100% Methanol is dangerous.. It is highly flammable and can expel from the BOV onto your hot manifold and catch fire... Theres also the chance for intake manifold back fire... though I've never seen it happen personally I've heard of it .... You should keep the mixture around 50/50 if you want to be on the "safe side" which blue washer fluid is pretty much the way to go at that point..

If you want to mix it yourself pretty much any place that you can buy VP race fuels you can buy M1 pure methanol.. Do not use M3 or M5 they will eat the seals in your pump....if you're mixing also be sure to use distilled water... tap water will cause mineral deposits to accue and cause your pump to fail and/or nozzle to clog..

You can get pre-mixed "boost juice" from snow performance...but its over priced Washer fluid in my book ;-)..

If you stick with the same brand, and the same concentration (i.e. -20 degrees) Then you shouldn't see any real differences in afr's.. You still need to tune for it to get final AFRs where you want them..

Also you could just inject distilled water plainly... If you have in inefficient Intercooler most of your detonation is likely due to a high Intake air temperature..and Water injection will drastically drop that and help alleviate the knock... although the extra octane from the Meth is never bad in my book...

Anyways I know You're looking for specific information in NYC which I cannot give you any details on...but I'm just offering my experience with Meth injection..I've done it on 40 or so cars and have a lot of experience with different mixtures and variations... We pulled 722 AWHP out of my buddies 2g DSM on pump/Meth Injection alone with a PTE 6266 turbo.. (using the 2 bottle of heet to 1 gallon of -20 washer fluid mixture)

Last edited by mt057; Apr 28, 2012 at 09:33 AM.