Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Southern California Autocross Information

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2002, 11:01 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Southern California Autocross Information

This thread is going to be dedicated to info regarding upcoming autocross events in the CSCC region (Southern California) for the 2003 season. I will edit this first post every time new information is available.

Entry fees (per race): $25 for CSCC or SCCA members, $35 for non members. Membership is $30/year, which subscribes you to the newsletter, gives you an official number, and makes you eligable for points towards the championship. Membership available at http://www.solo2.com/ click on "points card application"

The next autocross will be held on January 18th at California Speedway. PM me with any questions.

Last edited by urbanknight; Jan 6, 2004 at 01:48 AM.
Old Jan 9, 2003, 12:23 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

INFORMATION CHANGE: There is no longer an event Feb 1-2, and the Hollywood Park event has been moved from Feb 16th to Feb 9th. Hope to see you guys there!
Old Jan 13, 2003, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will be attending the practice at Hollywood Park on January 25th. Although it's already full, you can always come to spectate (for free of course), and get rides with people, as long as you have a helmet. Some loaners are available, though, not sure how much. My Evo will be there, if that's an incentive for anyone
Old Jan 31, 2003, 02:03 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Info for Feb 9th autocross: Most lancer categories will be running in the afternoon, so if you're interested in racing show up at 11:00 to tech, register and walk the course. If you want to see the Evo run, you'll have to show up at 8:30 because they're in the morning group, right WRC? And if anybody needs to borrow my spare helmet, better PM me asap, it's first come first serve!
Old Feb 21, 2003, 03:42 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Congratulations to Karl (WRC4ever) for taking first place in the SM2 category , and to Beverlee for beating her husband Toby by 0.3 seconds (they both drive the same WRX) in the STX class. I got 19th out of 24 in the STS category, and learned some new drifting techniques. Looking forward to seeing you all, and hopefully others as well, next week!
Old Feb 21, 2003, 05:41 AM
EvoM Guru

i'm really interested in joining solo-2 and am wondering what kind of things you're involved with during an event from a personal view. i've been to the site and read that you help with prepping the course and that everyone is basically a participater/event worker. so how does it really work?
Old Feb 24, 2003, 01:16 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

To answer Rhyzin's question, this is how I view a typical day at an autocross. WRC4ever feel free to add or comment on anything.

Arrive at the event, sign participant waiver. Find a place to pit and remove all loose things from your car. Go to tech inspection to get your car and helmet checked in (for safety and rule compliance). Take tech card to registration to pay entrance fee and sign up for work. Go back to the pit to prepare your car, adjusting tire pressure and putting numbers on. Some time before the race starts (or resumes) you will want to walk the course, twice or more if possible, studying the turns and how to choose the best line through them. Next, you would either line up to race or work the course. Racing, you get into a line and will be directed to the start when it's your turn and the starter will start you with a wave of the green flag, then you complete the course as best as possible, and repeat the attempts 2 or 3 more times. Working, you sign in and get assigned to a post. You watch the cars going by for knocking over cones, replace as necessary and inform the radio person of any penalties (he'll explain that for you if you ask). Once you have run a full group and worked a full group, you can check the unofficial results, pack up your things and leave, or hang out and talk or watch (good for learning more).
Most regions are very friendly and will be happy to answer any questions at the events. I hope that is helpful, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
Old Feb 24, 2003, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Hi Brian,

thanks for the posts I will be yet again at HP on the 1st and 2nd of March, this time co-driving my friend's black M Coupe, we are setting it up for the mid-march nationals, where I'll be co-driving there as well. If you are there on sunday morning, stop by and say hi
Old Mar 7, 2003, 03:18 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

There is a Pro Solo at California Speedway in Fontana, Ca. March 22-23. I will not be participating, but I plan on going to watch and help out on Sunday, and WRC4ever will most likely be running in the M Coupe. The next Solo2 event is on April 6th, See top post of this thread for more information.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 03:50 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

bump
Old Apr 15, 2003, 01:53 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Next autocross is May 18th at California Speedway in Fontana. I'll post more info when I can get the ODF file to work.

Don't forget to come watch the SCCA pro rally in Palmdale May 2-3! California Lancers are being recognized
Old Apr 30, 2003, 02:16 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

bump... Ya know, nobody responds to this thread, so I was just curious if anyone actually reads it. If there is anyone out there that actually finds this information useful, please post a reply or something. Otherwise, I will stop posting information after the next race.
Old May 1, 2003, 01:06 PM

reading and responding

I am following the info in this thead. I plan on going to rim on Fri and Sat. Very interested in the autocross at Fontana. pm or contact if you have any special info
Thanks
Daniel
Old May 1, 2003, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

i read it too i just dont have anything to say on the topic =)
Old May 1, 2003, 07:31 PM
EvoM Guru

I'm reading but not much to reply just taking in info.

Quick Reply: Southern California Autocross Information