Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

EVO MR Crashes on Loop 101, Chandler, AZ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EVO MR Crashes on Loop 101, Chandler, AZ

9-vehicle crash snarls Loop 101 - 4 injured

Did anyone else hear about this accident involving a Graphite Gray EVO MR? I saw a Graphite Gray MR on the 101 the day before this accident. I wonder if it was the same car. Does anyone know the guy involved?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch, my insurance just went up again.....
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

holy shnikes. what kind of moron races on the 101 in rush hour with 3 other people in the car? idiots like this are the reason evo's cost so damn much to insure. freaking idiots. i'm glad no one was killed though, what a waste.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:00 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

The driver of the MR was ejected?
Why don't people wear their seatbelts?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

better yet.. why do people act like complete idiots in traffic.. save it for a track everyone... atleast if you wanan go extremely crazy like these 2 did, i have a friend who has her last surgery cause the guy driving a car she was in flipped it and she almost died, this stuff really gets on my nerves now
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Better yet, what salvage yard is the MR at?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Next thing you know someone will be on here saying "I was driving the grey MR and I was not speeding at all. My buddies and I were just going back to work after lunch when this black M3 tried to race me. He swerved in to me, I was not doing anything at all, but I was charged with street racing. They are just profiling....."

It seems that half of the wrecks that people post on here just happened, God must have just made it that way because they sure as hell did not do anything wrong.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Kind of like the "my wheel just EXPLODED and my car jacknifed, Mitsu sucks" thread that's going on now?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:10 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

It is worth mentioning that 80MPH is not a dangerous speed on the interstate.
We have no idea what actually happened.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63>OOOO
Better yet, what salvage yard is the MR at?
Just curious... how do we know it was an MR? the link to the article only mentioned a grey mitsubishi... Anyone have more info?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Yep, sliding off of the road at 60 mph should not hurt an aluminum wheel.......lets sick the lawyers on Enkie and make a million bucks..... If you f*ck up then take the credit for it and learn. All of the great ones have some big snafu's.

As far as us not knowing what happened, well you are correct, and assumptions are dangerous. But two cars "driving aggressivly" and "over 80 mph" sure do point to racing. Especially if Big Billy Bada$$ was in his BMW wanting to show that grey "ricer" whats up. And if they were visably going much faster then traffic then he was doing well above 80, like you said 80 is not even a big deal any more, if someone noticed a large differential in speed then he was probably going a bit faster then that. But who knows, it could have been an 80 year old man in a normal Lancer taking the local geriatric society out to lunch.........

Last edited by USP45; Feb 21, 2005 at 01:19 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by joeycoates
Yep, sliding off of the road at 60 mph should not hurt an aluminum wheel.......lets sick the lawyers on Enkie and make a million bucks..... If you f*ck up then take the credit for it and learn. All of the great ones have some big snafu's.
I think you're replying to the wrong thread. This is the Arizona accident thread, not the my wheel exploded thread.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Scooter
Just curious... how do we know it was an MR? the link to the article only mentioned a grey mitsubishi... Anyone have more info?
One of my friends just called me to tell me about this accident. He said it was an EVO MR involved. I'm looking for more info or pics. I found the article in the news paper but it only shows a tipped over cement truck.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JTB
It is worth mentioning that 80MPH is not a dangerous speed on the interstate.
We have no idea what actually happened.
the 101 is an intown metro area byway. te posted limit is 55 or 65 depending on the township your in. it's also one of the busiest roads i nteh phoenix area.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Nope, not the wrong thread, I know where I am. I just think that people try to find fault with other things rather then what they did wrong. He slid the car off of the raod and the wheel came apart, but that is the manufactures fault, just like a lot of people wreck their cars from "gently touching the brakes at 40 mph and the car spun around" like one kid said on here after having his MR for something like 200 miles. It is always someone/something elses fault. I do not want to get in on the "wheel exploded" pissing contest so I am not going to post on it, someone else brough up the similarity with what I said earlier and I happen to agree with them.