Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Moving to PHX, Part II

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moving to PHX, Part II

OK, I thought I wasnt moving to PHX but now it looks like I am

What I need to know is:

Where is the race gas at?

Who are the most respected tuning shops?

Where does the Evo crowd hang out at?

I will probably be down there April...looking forward to it!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Good choice on locals to move to!

Gas prices are at about $1.95-$2.15 a gallon, depepnding on where in the valley you are. The gas prices here do tend to be higher than the rest of the nation, unfortunately.

Don't know the most respected tuning shops but i would ask around.

I'm part of the AZ Lancer Community, and we generally meet up once a week at the Scottsdale Pavillions, as well as other places...go to www.azlancers.net for more info, and to ask questions...those guys have all the info you need!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 02:41 PM
bs
Evolving Member

There is a gas station on Bell Road and 56th street or there abouts. Its a sunoco station that sells 100 octane at the pump. Right in that same neighborhood is a very nice tuning shop with one of the only all wheel drive dyno's in the state by the name of Dynocomp. They are a very competent shop and do great work. If you are wanting serious race gas there are a few different shops around town that usually have some inventory.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

i've heard good things about dynocomp and Intense motorsports.

you'll love az in april, it's the best time of year.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

There are a couple places here that sell race gas. The ones I know of are at 56th Street and Bell, 101 and Indian Bend (76 Station), and theres one off of Chandler Blvd west of I-10 but I don't recall exactly where (I know it's a Mobil station though).

Tuning wise, I recommend steering clear of Dyno Comp. Unless you want Rich to tell you how much your mods suck and how you should buy his instead. The other AWD Dyno facility in town here is Arizona Dyno Chip, its down in Chandler off of I-10 and Chandler Blvd. I believe they do tuning there also, though I'm not sure.

Local shops, there's Vividracing (Tempe), Intense Motorsports (Gilbert), or Apex Motorsports (Tempe). Depending on who you ask, you'll probably get a different answer about each place. Vivid just started doing installs. My buddy Pat works there, and he takes good care of me. He used to be a tech at Tempe Mitsubishi so he knows our cars very well.

Check out AZ Lancers for the local hang outs. There is usually a crowd at the Pavilions (101 and Indian Bend, near McDonalds) on Saturdays from ~3pm 'til ~9pm if you want to shoot the bull with random car peeps. You will usually run into an EVO guy or two up there, and usually some of us from the boards.

Be glad you're coming in April when the weather is nice. You are going to hate this place in June! lol

Have a safe trip and all that jazz and hopefully we'll see ya around.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys, thanks for the replies...it makes me feel better about coming out there. If you dont mind, I might hit some of you up PM later on
Old Mar 4, 2005, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

i just got my 05' EVO RS. i usually come to the Pavillions with Team-V (SE-R Spec-V Group) but now i'm an EVO guy after lurking so long. See you all out there
Old Mar 5, 2005, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds good
Old Mar 6, 2005, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

I'm thinking of moving to AZ when I retire next year. I'm looking at the Surprise area. So, if you would let me know how this all works out.

m~
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrimsonShadow
i just got my 05' EVO RS. i usually come to the Pavillions with Team-V (SE-R Spec-V Group) but now i'm an EVO guy after lurking so long. See you all out there
You hang out with Team V-Locity? WHY?!? Bri and Joe are cool, but the rest of them...I dunno...I started that crew with Erin and Ryan...NONE OF US ARE IN IT NOW!!
Old Mar 9, 2005, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by naucrx
Tuning wise, I recommend steering clear of Dyno Comp. Unless you want Rich to tell you how much your mods suck and how you should buy his instead.
Really..I thought Rich was cool as hell. Maybe you are confusing Rich with the RennArt guy...He's a d!ckmonkey..he says **** like that. Rich is the coolest, most humble guy I have talked to in the local tuning scene for owning a shop that caters to high end cars...I have never once heard him say a bad thing about anything on my car or my numerous friends that visit his shop. DynoComp will have the ECUtek shortly and will probably be the most effective reflash software available in the US...
Old Mar 9, 2005, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL VIII
Really..I thought Rich was cool as hell. Maybe you are confusing Rich with the RennArt guy...He's a d!ckmonkey..he says **** like that. Rich is the coolest, most humble guy I have talked to in the local tuning scene for owning a shop that caters to high end cars...I have never once heard him say a bad thing about anything on my car or my numerous friends that visit his shop. DynoComp will have the ECUtek shortly and will probably be the most effective reflash software available in the US...
Nope, it was definitely Rich (the guy with 1/2 his face limp ...sad) who has the blue STI. I know myself and 2 other members from these boards have asked him for help tuning our cars for "our" mods and all the advice he offered us was that we should get rid of our "crappy" mods and buy the parts HE sold. I dunno about you, but that wouldn't make me want to go there anymore. I will not pay another dime for dyno time on his dyno.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Well I need someone with Power FC tuning experience preferrably.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVIL VIII
You hang out with Team V-Locity? WHY?!? Bri and Joe are cool, but the rest of them...I dunno...I started that crew with Erin and Ryan...NONE OF US ARE IN IT NOW!!
Well i don't have a Spec-V anymore so i just hang out now. Joe and Bri are cool but i really just talk to the newer memebers like Clay and Adam, they went to JGTC with me. Those guys are cool but most of the others i hadly know. Doesn't really matter now though. You have a team that you are part of now?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrimsonShadow
Well i don't have a Spec-V anymore so i just hang out now. Joe and Bri are cool but i really just talk to the newer memebers like Clay and Adam, they went to JGTC with me. Those guys are cool but most of the others i hadly know. Doesn't really matter now though. You have a team that you are part of now?

That's cool...I am not part of any crew...too much drama...Erin and I are still really good friends and I hang out with other AWD owners...most of them have WRX's though...

Quick Reply: Moving to PHX, Part II