Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.
View Poll Results: Are you showin' to CAL SLAM stage 2?
Wouldn\'t miss it...I\'m there!
80.77%
Damn, I can\'t make it...I suck.....
19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Cal Slam Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2003, 01:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm just going for the one saturday drive up and make it a day trip but i'll see all of you there...are we all going to park in a certin area or what???
Old Apr 5, 2003, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

hay all...for the rest of this month i will be all over the states with my new job so i may not be here much to help with any questions.i am leaving for Ohio out of longbeach on monday and will be there for a week then back for a week then jamming to Baltimore till the end of the month.(we have a gaint wall to install down there)still feel free to pm or email me with any questions regaurding camping or what-not
Also...you who live or drive around Long Beach...if you catch a yellow OZ with yellow fogs and EvolutionM decal on the passangers side and a Autobot decal on the drivers on monday morn...give me a beep or a flash of your lights and i'll do the same...i'm friendly like that
Old Apr 5, 2003, 05:49 PM
In Timeout

Lightbulb Links in Sig

Originally posted by 03LANCER
can anyone send me an email explaining what cal slam is and stuff i kinda mist out on the 1st one and might be able to go to the 2nd one if i can get the info on what it is and stuff, car show,racetrack ?

<kinda dumb> well hit me up ICPxRIDDLER@YAHOO.COM
Click on the links in my sig, below...
Old Apr 7, 2003, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

less than one month to go! Cant wait to kick it.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 08:49 PM
In Timeout

Yep- My ryde is gonna be completely different from Stage I.

What a luxury, livin' in California, drivin' an Asian import with tons of great aftermarket mods to choose from.

And, lest we forget... sweet meets, The Rim is gonna rock!

CYA There!
Old Apr 7, 2003, 11:37 PM
EvoM Guru

yup, mine will be a bit different too. rpw headers and fpr on the way and hopefully installed by the time of the rally.

so hows the camping situation? me and mr96gsx408 were talking about it today. we're wondering if it was still open. troie? also brian was talking about going to the tracks right after the rally. i kinda want to put my itinerery together cuz in 2 weeks i'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled, and the week after i have to install my new goodies. i'm gonna be pretty busy or sedated this month.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

I don't really care who camps with me, but I'm definatley campin'...Stew are you camping or gettin a room? Anyone up north CA goin down to stage 2, PM me or Booyah about rollin down with us.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

hay all...i'm back from Ohio.
can't really say much for Cleavland since pretty much all i saw was the roads to the airport.we wnet to check out the rock and roll hall of fame on our last day but our plane took off the same time it opened...but i did get a pic from the outside...woo hoo.
i am only back in Calif for about another week...we worked 12 hours each day to get the wall up(my overtime is just as much as my work hours...hell ya...more money)heading to Baltimore in a week and will be returning just before Rim.for all wanting to camp...i still plan on doing it and anyone is welcome to join.since i just got back and spent about a hour checking the posts i missed...give me a day or so to regain.
can't wait till the days till we meet again
Old Apr 13, 2003, 12:42 PM
In Timeout

Arrow Update...

WB Troiemeister.

If we camp, it'll be on Saturday night only. U9v, vietxscapeD and I WILL be takin' turns ridin' point on the midnight express down from NorCal to Palmdale. Don't know about the other dogfaces who may or may not plan to join us. Remember, CAL SLAM is not for the weak hearted. I spoke with Cisco who is checking to see if he's got May 3rd off (he's been working at Menlo Honda since AutoWest shut their doors and gets 2 Saturdays off a month). If he's bringin' the vette, there's a good chance Ravi will be ridin' shotgun...if it's the old skool, vice versa, 'er wadeva.

Heads Up: On the agenda for Stage II, location for Summer Stage and CAL SLAM 2003 Final Stage. I'm expecting that Summer Stage will be closer to the Bay Area (maybe @ Ozzfest @ The Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View) and Final Stage will probably be SoCal based, like Long Beach, Big Sur or something like that. Please do some research on possible events in your area and prepare your proposals to present to the group @The Rim.

I appreciate that some folks will be volunteering and busy as heck. No worries. Do you part before the show starts. So far no T-shirts, web site or graphic. Still waiting for Kareem and Shaun to hit me up with their main d'oevres (handiwork). So.....

Only one question left to ask at this point:

[SIZE=HUGE]ARE YOU READY, PALMDALE?[/SIZE]

Last edited by BOOYAH1369; Apr 13, 2003 at 12:48 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 03:33 PM
In Timeout

Incoming COM from RIM Ops to RIM Team

Just Received this from Steve Mendez:

Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 8:52 AM
Subject: Pelona Vista Park

Rim of the World is just around the corner. Final plans are being drawn. Here is my final letter or at least I hope it is the final one.

As always if you have any questions between now and April 28th please let me know. After the 28th if you need to contact me by email you can by writing to Denise McMahon at marymountdenise@aol.com.

++++++++++++++++++++

Rim of the World ProRally

The 20th running of the Rim of the World Rally is fast approaching. When you arrive in the Palmdale area please stop at the Holiday Inn to sign the waiver and pick up your T-shirt and other worker perks as a little thank you for assisting us. There will be someone in the San Gabriel III Room doing worker check-in on Thursday from 5pm to 7pm, Friday 11:30am to 6:30pm and on Saturday at the Pelona Vista upper parking lot (Rally Official Area) from 8am until 10am. If you are working at the park during these hours we will make sure you have time to get your perks.

I have attached the most recent lay out of the field at Pelona Vista Park and the parking lot. I have also attached a map from the Holiday Inn to the park.

It is of utmost importance we “protect the grass” on the field. There is a three mph speed limit on the grass. If any vendor, worker or car club member is seen spinning their tires on the field they will be asked to leave. The rally cars will have their own penalties.

Wednesday: We will be measuring and marking the field for the vendors and the rally cars. If anyone can help this day it would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday: The larger vendors will be arriving to set up their tents, EZup canopies and tables. We will be assisting them by leading them to their areas, and making sure their electrical needs are met. We will also be controlling traffic up and down the ramp throughout the day. The ramp is not wide enough for two-way traffic therefore we will have someone at the top and bottom of the ramp at all times. Radios will be provided to all of you.

Friday: The smaller vendors will be arriving after 6:30am. They have 20x20 spaces interspersed within the rally cars. Three of them will have electrical power so we will have to make sure it is run to them. Vendors are to have their vehicles off the field by 11am. If any vendors arrive after 11am please contact me by radio. There will also be parking for the vendors behind the Subaru tents.

The first rally car leaves the park at 7pm. We will be responsible for getting the cars onto the concrete sidewalk in the proper start order. We will provide a start listing to each of you. We will make sure the cars come off the grass in an orderly manner. This is the first time for this new location so we want to keep the confusion to a minimum. We will have someone at the bottom of the ramp; one or more people for crowd control on the grass alongside the ramp and another at the top of the ramp to control vehicles.

Service for the rally cars is also at Pelona Vista. The first cars arrive at 9:35pm. They will be servicing in the parking lot only. We may need traffic control here for entering and exiting the parking lot, as access is one direction.

Saturday: The Subaru and Mitsubishi owners and vendors will begin arriving after 6am. Again we will have to control access up and down the ramp. All Subaru show car participants and the Team Blew Mitsubishi and CalSlam members must be on the field by 10am. They must understand they will not be allowed to leave before 1:30 pm. We will hand each driver a package including a warning sheet regarding the grass. We will also have them sign a Waiver. Access after that time will be cleared through me. We may have some vehicles leaving until 11am.

The ProRally cars must be on the field by 10:30 am. The ClubRally cars must be on the field by 11:00 am. There is a reseed and they will have different spaces on the field. We will be given a new list of their new spots. We will assist them in finding those spaces. A couple of rally cars will be on display in the Subaru and Mitsubishi areas and a couple of rally cars will be next to their own 20x20 booths and will return to those spaces.

The restart is at 12 noon. Again we will be making sure the cars line up in order for the restart on the concrete sidewalk.

I will try to rotate everyone from the vendor/rally car area, and the ramp so everyone will be able to see and experience as much as possible.

FOOD FOR YOU! Many of you are not aware you are invited for our Chili Dinner Friday night and Taco Bar Saturday night, both at the Holiday Inn. If you’re done with your Rim tasks, come for beer and food – on us! Also the Racer Breakfast, a yummy buffet just like the one in the coffee shop, is served in the Holiday Inn banquet room on Saturday from 7:00 AM to 9:30 PM – only $5 per person.

As always, if you have any questions please either call me at 928-453-8469 or send an email to jeeptrix@uneedspeed.net. During the event only my cell phone number is 928-706-4951.

Steve Mendez
Director of Physical Operations
Finally, here's a logo for you...based on Shaun's original design...

Tell me what you think.

Stage II, here we come...Are You Ready, Palmdale?

Stewart Hersey, Founder
California Statewide Lancer Association Meet
Attached Thumbnails Cal Slam Stage 2-calslam2.jpg  

Last edited by BOOYAH1369; Apr 13, 2003 at 03:35 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2003, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

So are you guys leaving Fri night to go down to Palmdale, or fri. afternoon?? PM we with details!!!
Old Apr 13, 2003, 10:50 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks like the spectator marshalls will be working Fri evening and Sat afternoon and evening. We'll see how things go as far as meeting you. But we still get to park our lancers in the park (although I might have to drive mine to the work location)
Old Apr 13, 2003, 11:31 PM
In Timeout

Brian, I'll be on the soccer field at 6:00 AM. CYA in the morning.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Are you guys leaving Saturday after dinner or Sunday?
Old Apr 14, 2003, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

I'm going to pull a late night drive back I think, but if I'm way tired I may just camp out until Sun. Morning and leave then.

Quick Reply: Cal Slam Stage 2