Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.
View Poll Results: Are you showin' to CAL SLAM stage 2?
Wouldn\'t miss it...I\'m there!
80.77%
Damn, I can\'t make it...I suck.....
19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Cal Slam Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2003, 03:13 PM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto

My sentiments exactly. We came. We saw. We SLAMMED! We gone.

Originally posted by uranium9v
I'm going to pull a late night drive back I think, but if I'm way tired I may just camp out until Sun. Morning and leave then.
Old Apr 18, 2003, 04:35 PM
In Timeout

RMR is considering parking some Rally cars with our group. Didn't we have some free stuff or coupons or something from them @ Stage I? Troie, can you refresh my memory? Having a senior moment on this one? Anyway, I think it would be cool. Opinions?
Old Apr 18, 2003, 04:45 PM
EvoM Guru

yup, RMR was a sponsor. My friend won a free intake w/ heat shield, which he gave to me because he owns an eclipse i dunno what else they might have given us for stage 1 tho. but it was nice of them.
Old Apr 18, 2003, 05:53 PM
In Timeout

You lucky duck! Yeah, I agree. Any friend of my Lancer is a friend of mine!
Old Apr 18, 2003, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

well guys...i kinda have some bad news for some of you(as well as myself too)now i called saddleback butte to check on the goup campground and they said that it was full , and not by me???when i contacted my old boss he pretty much told me that since i no longer work for the state that there is nothing that he can do (or will do) for me.this pisses me off since i asked for him to help me out 2 whole months before i even had the idea about my new job.iam sorry to inform you who were planning on camping in the group site with myself(i hate to dump stuff like this on friends)now they still have reg camp sites but it all a first come first serve.i am still doing all i can to try and find a replacement and will post as soon as i can to keep you all informed.i will only have access to my puter till tues since i will be in Baltimore till May 1 installing a climbing wall with my new job.as long as things go good my flight will return in Calif on the first and i will drive down to the Rim.so after this tues(April 22)i will not be able to post or read any replys so PM or email me with any questions.
And Stew...yes...RMR hooked us up with 2 intakes a crap load of decals and a discount voucher.If anyone wants to you can contact Blair (at RMR) and see if they care to help out again(their cool like that)
hopelully i didn't ruin anyones plans with this news...but be reassured...i am still gona do all i can
Old Apr 21, 2003, 04:08 PM
In Timeout

Wink CAL SLAM is about the drive & the meet!

Originally posted by trance
well guys...i kinda have some bad news for some of you...i am still gona do all i can
Troie, you just keep on workin', my friend... I was originally planning to do the Midnight Run, anyway. This changes nothing.

Why don't we pass by and collect you on our way down? We can nap in our Lancers after park on the field. I got Phuong and Jeff with me, so far... BTW are you closer to the 99 or the I5?

Here's the map off the Rim site...

...and our route map...
Attached Thumbnails Cal Slam Stage 2-3ea456b2-000fb-00b52-400c252d.gif  
Old Apr 21, 2003, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Camping in the Lancer.....sweet! How long does the ride take BTW?? I'll bring my playstation so we can play if we can't sleep. Will they let us on the field that early/late?
Old Apr 21, 2003, 04:43 PM
In Timeout

Another Map...

Originally posted by uranium9v
Camping in the Lancer.....sweet! How long does the ride take BTW?? I'll bring my playstation so we can play if we can't sleep. Will they let us on the field that early/late?
Ride down is about 4 hours, max. I'll call and ask, otherwise we can just hang nearby until the gates open., like at the Holiday Inn parking lot. BTW this just arrived from Steve @ The Rim...
Attached Thumbnails Cal Slam Stage 2-image_map.gif  
Old Apr 21, 2003, 06:05 PM
In Timeout

Exclamation Team 888 Midnight Run2Rim

FYI, just sent this...if you wanna ryde the Midnight Run2Rim with Team 888 better get in touch with u9v, vietxscapeD or myself ASAP!

Heya Steve!~

Team 888 is planning the Midnight Run2Rim down from the Bay Area.
We'll be leaving sometime on Thursday evening (May 2) and picking up
CAL SLAM participant Lancers at various points on the way.
The trip's about 350 miles in 4 hours or so. Just one question.
What's the earliest we can get on the football field? Ok, one more...
If we arrive too early, where would you like us to wait? Holiday Inn?

Looking forward in anticipation of a great event!

Best,

Stewart Hersey, Founder
California Statewide Lancer Association Meet
My Mobile 24/7: (650) 307-2719

"S. Mendez" <jeeptrix@uneedspeed.net> wrote:
Here is a map from the Holiday Inn to the Pelona Vista Park. Hope it comes through ok.
> ATTACHMENT
::edit:: This should have read, "Friday night"... another senior moment. Thanks to u9v for catching it. Doh! Will send correction , but already received reply ::edit::

Last edited by BOOYAH1369; Apr 22, 2003 at 12:02 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2003, 08:14 PM

well, I'm working the event, so I gotta be there, I'm doing Spectator Marshalling... so yeah, I'll be there, party in my room! Strip poker anyone?? Brian and I are planning on some boozing too! hahaha SHHHHHH who's not 21? I'm sure everyone here is 21 officer!!! really, she's not 18, her licence is wrong! promise!
hehehe

-K
Old Apr 21, 2003, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Stew...i too am working the race both 2nd and 3rd(as long as i return back in Calif at noon on the first as planned)so i can't make the run with you guys...but it does sound fun.i just plan on sleeping the entire flight back from Baltimore then jamming south to the rim and finding whatever i can sleep wise(any of you workers care to offer me part of you floor i can help pitch in some money of goodies to help show thanks).once again all who were planning on camping...i am sorry

and Stew...i live just a stones throw away from Picific Coast Highway(the on ramp for my lil town is just a house away...and the beach is only 12 houses the other way)
Old Apr 21, 2003, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by suyfergirl
Strip poker anyone?? Brian and I are planning on some boozing too!
did somebody say....

POKER!?!?!
lol
Old Apr 21, 2003, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Kara...you staying at the holiday in?? PM me or Booyah so we can give you our cell numbers so we'll know which room to show up at...... So I guess we're leaving Thur. night??? coming back Sun. morning or sat. night?
Old Apr 22, 2003, 12:17 PM
In Timeout

I edited that post and sent a correction to The Rim. Sorry, senior moment... Anyway, I'm sure they have more important concerns. We are leaving Friday night, as originally planned.

Here are two new communications...

From Steve:

"S. Mendez" <jeeptrix@uneedspeed.net> wrote:
To: "Stewart Hersey"
Subject: Re: Rim of the World
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 16:07:48 -0700

Hi Cal Slam people. Welcome to RIM.

If you arrive before 6am the gate to the grass field will be locked. I will be there at 6am to unlock the gate and get things rolling. If you want to get a couple hours sleep in your cars then either the Holiday Inn or the parking lot at Pelona Vista is available.
Reply to Denise:

Denise,

Posting to our thread on Evolutionm.net and will have an answer for you ASAP.

Correction to my last message. NorCal contingent will be leaving for Palmdale Friday night (May 2nd) not Thursday.

See you there!

Stewart

Marymountdenise@aol.com wrote:
Car and Motorcycle Clubs:
We would like to have a rep from each car and the motorcycle club at our awards banquet this year on Sunday at the Holiday Inn from 8:00am to 9:30am. Do note you should come early to get a good seat and eat breakfast. If you want someone else with you as a club member...that is okay two but there is limited seating or your members can stand like alot of people do for the ceremony. Again we want to show our appreciation to the clubs for coming out and supporting Rim by volunteering your time to make it a success.

Please RSVP me that a representative will be there. Thank you.

Denise McMahon
Chief of Staff/Co-Organizer
Rim of the World Pro Rally
So, who all would like to represent @ the banquet on Sunday? CAL SLAM participants who are also volunteering would be worthy of this honor. Please post here or PM me if you're interested.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 12:30 PM

I'll be there

no not staying at holiday inn... staying some other place, dont' remember, ask Brian (urbanknight)

Quick Reply: Cal Slam Stage 2