Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.
View Poll Results: Are you showin' to CAL SLAM stage 2?
Wouldn\'t miss it...I\'m there!
80.77%
Damn, I can\'t make it...I suck.....
19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Cal Slam Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2003, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it was cold, wet, muddy, and worst of all we had to hike!!!!

but it was good times, a good adventure

rhyzin, his girl, me, my bro, my roommate, and my buddy (a supraforums mod) hiked up there, dispite warnings from tons of people telling us to go back. We were like, HEll no, we made it this far... then when we got there, they delayed the rally. When we were about to head back, my bro and my buddy came up and made us go back up. well, we trudged back up about 500 meters and the rally began = )

saw a SRT4 blow his drive shaft.. hahahahahahaha
just like the guy from infineon raceway which blew his too...

it was cool, and yeah we got a ride back from a lifted truck. There were tons of trucks around San luis obispo, which i do not like, but after he gave me a ride.. i want a lifted truck it owned all puddles and mud

we did not see any evom owners... kinda sucked
and no 2nd gen eclipses either
and TOOOOOOO MANY DAMN SUBIES!!! (some were very purrrty)

all in all, it was cool, we(bro, my roommate, my buddy, and i) were freakin around with some saturns at a saturn meet somewhere on the highway.. lol wooped one at 60% throttle to 115 mph = P
Old May 4, 2003, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Damn sounds like you guys really ruffed it, Vince, Ryan, Ryan (#2), Hector, Shaun, Juan another friend and i went past the maintence area to the next stage and it was too damn muddy to park there, so we went back to the maintence area and took pics of that area then we left. Thanks for all of you who showed up to park with us down on the field , thanks to those who gave us FREE stuff. Next time people, come prepared for any type weather heheheh.
Old May 4, 2003, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

for those of you who met him my friend ryan says thanks for a good time but he is still hung over hahahah lightweight
Old May 5, 2003, 12:57 AM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TO_Lancer
i saw a nice white evo 8 on a tow truck
That was probably the one I was talking about... the CEO's car
Old May 5, 2003, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

hay guys who got a Mitsu-goodie bag...i have a idea
on the decal sheet there is some silver Lancer Evolution decal the same size as that on the back of the 8...i bet someone here will dump some cash to make their shaved trunk look like a Evo 8
all you who didn't show...you missed out on some good times...some wet ones...some windy ones...and a lot og freebie goodies
Old May 5, 2003, 01:08 AM
In Timeout

The CHP towed Pierre's Evo VIII, eh? I gotta give him a call. We are gonna invite the CHP to participate in CAL SLAM III, so I can guarantee the same **** won't happen to him @ my party.
Old May 5, 2003, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

word! gotta give shout outs to all the troopers who hiked to see the rally for those who hiked they know what it was like upthere was really ****y...i was up there from 1-4 but kept delaying it so i had to bail...i'm going to be soo jealous when i see it on the speed channel but i couldn;t feel a damm thing in my body let alone hike back down..but again those who hiked and watched were the hardcore cal slammers..peace
Old May 5, 2003, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by mr96gsx408

we did not see any evom owners... kinda sucked
and no 2nd gen eclipses either
my friend brought his old busted 2nd gen (i think) eclipse he was parked by all of the evom lancers....and we were all down on the grass on far left side.....repersenting the in the middle of scoobie ville
Old May 5, 2003, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

here are my pics

Last edited by Guru_Del; May 5, 2003 at 02:55 PM.
Old May 5, 2003, 03:09 PM
In Timeout

SuWEET!
Old May 5, 2003, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Nice!! I'm glad everyone got soooo much footage of this event. I still have yet to download mine to my comp. BTW there was a STI there that will be exactly the same as the one sold here in the states. Interior reminded me of the VIII a lot...same look to it. Exterior was uhhh not so pretty, but OK. I liked how you could look into the hood scoop and see the big STI in red on the Intercooler.
Old May 5, 2003, 04:56 PM
In Timeout

Jeff... you get the bed next time, I'll take the floor.
Old May 5, 2003, 07:10 PM

Originally posted by BOOYAH1369
We are gonna invite the CHP to participate in CAL SLAM III, so I can guarantee the same **** won't happen to him @ my party.
Well... the only problem with that idea is that the CHP were invited to be at this event and were even given space on the field to put up a display. IMO... F*** the CHP. I really wish someone had a video or a picture of the road where all of the cars that got towed were parked at. Due to prior experiences with the popo, I have a feeling that a bunch of the cars that got towed got towed just because they were there. I do not disagree that any car parked over the whiteline and on the road should have been towed, but I have a problem believing that ~50 cars in a row where ALL parked over the white line.

For those people that paid the tow truck driver $100 to drop their cars right there up at the service stage, you got a good deal. I heard from someone Sunday morning that had to pay $270 to get their car back.
Old May 5, 2003, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

my brother is a tow truck driver and said that that is ****ed what they were doing but he said it happens all the time. usually it is cheaper than that though 40 to drop and 160 to get your car but they prolly figured you were ****ed being in palmdale in the rain and they also figured a bunch of tuners would have money. greedy ****ers.
Old May 7, 2003, 01:42 PM
In Timeout

Hmmm. Not to hate, but it sounds a bit like Hazzard County...

Quick Reply: Cal Slam Stage 2