Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.
View Poll Results: Are you showin' to CAL SLAM stage 2?
Wouldn\'t miss it...I\'m there!
80.77%
Damn, I can\'t make it...I suck.....
19.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Cal Slam Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2003, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes everyone...i need the amount of people and their guests that plan on camping with us all.now if we do fill the group site i will try to get another if i can but if not the regular sites are first come first serve(hence free but not a deff)drop me a pm so i can get a good head count of "everyone" camping

forgot to add if i haven't posted it allready but so far the only down to camping is that they don't have showers at the park.
now they do have (real)bathrooms and water and all that stuff but no showers.i have a portable i am bringing but i just thought i'd let you all know this detail

Last edited by trance; Mar 6, 2003 at 11:21 AM.
Old Mar 6, 2003, 06:03 PM

hey stew just wanted to let you know that SUPERGTO will not be comeing to the event i have not talked to him for a few days but more then likely i will cover the event for Omega-13.com as far as pics and artical go
Old Mar 6, 2003, 08:09 PM
In Timeout

Wink Still have some time...

Originally posted by 1DVSOZ
hey stew just wanted to let you know that SUPERGTO will not be comeing to the event i have not talked to him for a few days but more then likely i will cover the event for Omega-13.com as far as pics and artical go
John, I'm gonna reserve a place for him just in case. It's gonna be much harder to fenagle a space for Richard at the last minute, than it will be to replace his car with another last-minute participant, or "someone's friend".
Old Mar 6, 2003, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be helping with that too John.... (bringing my digital) How's the ink healing? I have a feeling that we are going to have a ****ty turn out, but I guess if they don't show, it's their loss....more bbq and campout food for me!!!
Old Mar 7, 2003, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Booyah.. can you reserve my car spot and another for my friend.. He is in the middle of purchasing his S4. and he wants to come.. So just count him in i will tell you if he can't come ... if for some magic reason he can't
Old Mar 7, 2003, 01:29 PM
In Timeout

Hey Mr. Obsoletevo, does your friend have a name?
Old Mar 7, 2003, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Bond...Obsolete Bond....
Old Mar 7, 2003, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

So who is all volunteering and actually going to be down in the field with us?
Old Mar 8, 2003, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

hey guys,
i want in!
and my bro...

thanks
Old Mar 8, 2003, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

His name is Adam.. .. aka .Big A
Old Mar 8, 2003, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

ok, i have a question concerning media: speed is going to be doing 1 hour coverage of the event, right? that's fine and dandy... are we gonna put together some sort of media presentation? like a video or a slideshow? i think we should. but we should organize our talents to make it a really good quality production; elect a 'producer' from amongst our ranks, and send him/her all our video/photos from the event so they can put something together.

just a suggestion. but i think it'd be really neat to have a video or slideshow or both to remember this event from Cal Slam's perspective.

*cue feedback*

EDIT: spelling corrected
Old Mar 8, 2003, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

It would be a good idea, it should work if done correctly, it will be hard using raw files since most dv files are huge. And figurtively a design team must have good communication and what not. I do have skills in design processing and some other skills. I got some skills in flash, illustrator, photoshop, premiere, aftereffects, html(dreamweaver), quark, and overall graphic design. **** only reason i go to school ^_^.. aite my brain is blank back to driving my toy.

my precious..........
Old Mar 8, 2003, 01:35 PM
In Timeout

Ok Shaun's the editor. Shaun I gotta get you the footage, just slice it up with a couple of transitions here and there, and burn it to DVD. We can premiere it on the AutoPC 15" Samsung LCD, like we did @ Stage I. One Q...Are you gonna have enuff time to do this, what with drivin' your precieous toy and all that

Karlen, I will be working the CAL SLAM area, although it's still not officially a "volunteer" position allocated by the Rim organizers. After driving down from the Bay Area, you'll be lucky if I have the energy to even get out of BIlly's racing seat. Just give me a bottle to pee in and an IV and beep my horn to wake me up once every couple of hours.

WooT WooT
Old Mar 13, 2003, 06:08 PM
In Timeout

Exclamation Update From The Rim

To: Ibrahim, Kareem ; Grossman, Jeff ; Roberts, Norman ; Hershey, Stewart ; Thirlaway, Robert ; Chow, Benjamin ; Barajas, Sue ; Moss, Troie
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2003 10:03 AM
Subject: 2003 Rim of the World

I want to welcome you to this year's 20th running of the Rim of the World Pro and Club Rally and thank you for volunteering.

The organizers have a meeting at the end of the month where we will be finalizing a lot of the details regarding the park and the large car display. After that meeting I will have more information regarding times and duties.

I can give you some idea now regarding your duties this year. We are having the public park in the parking lot above the soccer field. This field is the size of 4 football fields. Also in this parking lot is the service area for the rally cars. One of our duties is to direct the Mitsubishi and Subaru owners down onto the field and into their proper parking areas for the show. I hope to have the entire field marked out on Wednesday. We have the Subaru custom car show cars on the north end of the field and the Mits club cars on the south end.

There is only one way onto the field and we will be controlling the cars going up and down this ramp. We will also be controlling the vendors going up and down the ramp during certain allowed times. All vendors have to be off the field at certain times and the owners cars have to be set up at certain times. Then the rally cars come down last to be on display. If a vendor or an owner is not down on the field in time they won't be allowed down the ramp unless cleared by me. We are hoping traffic control will not be a problem. We will have radios for each of you and have someone posted at the top of the ramp as well as the bottom for traffic control. We will also be rotating you between positions as well as the parking lot/service area so you can experience the entire event at the park. It will be a long day so be prepared for a lot of standing and walking.

Preparation: one can never tell about the weather in Palmdale. It could be hot or cold. Windy or not. So be prepared. The boy scouts will be selling drinks and hot dogs or you can bring your own ice chest and store it in your car.

Please note, once you put your car on the infield you will not be able to leave until the rally cars leave. So if you have to leave you will have to park up above.

For those of you who are available on Thursday we will be assisting the larger vendors in getting into their marked spaces. We will also be putting up banners around the park. I want the banners completed by 5 pm if possible. Some vendors will be giving us banners on Friday morning but there won't be too many. We are using zip ties to put them on the chain link fence around the park. I want to create a very festive look for this year's rally.

Steve Mendez
Director of Physical Operations
Rim of the World ProRally
Old Mar 13, 2003, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

somehow Stew...i thought you'd post that email...i got it too

Quick Reply: Cal Slam Stage 2