Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

SoCal Lancer enthusiasts...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2003, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats kinda for some us who live in near the valley area...but we can work something out..i like the new ideas..though..as long as we get something everyone agrees on would be the best no matter what it is all a big family here.......yeh jsut for me personally the weekends are best for any type of meet
Old Feb 25, 2003, 12:48 PM
In Timeout

Kara, let's just make your group So CAL SLAM. The Bay Area, Oak Town and Sac Town can be Nor CAL SLAM and Troie's region can be the Middle Kingdom. It's so much easier. This way, we are all members of the same group (CAL SLAM) with regional ECs (Event Coordinators). Let's begin work on our second project, CAL SLAM Stage II @ The Rim, wich is still a ways off and is bound to be a success. What do you folks think? It seems logical enough to me.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 12:57 PM

i am not sure if this is the type of help you are looking for, but here is something that the subaru guys have been doing for a while... it is called navigational road rally. it is done completley on paved roads, and it is kinda like a game of chess... it is very fun, and i highly recommend it. this rally is only four hours, as opposed to the typical eight hour rally that the ITN guys put out.

http://carzero.freeservers.com/novice.htm

i would expect this to run up HWY 18, which goes past silverwood lake, and there are some awesome sights to see, as well as twisty roads. this is the type of event where you can back up how good a driver you say you are.

the last instructional rally had a bunch of DSM guys as well as the Subaru guys that always do them.

Last edited by crowbar; Feb 25, 2003 at 01:00 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 01:08 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That does look like fun, Crowbar. How often do they do these things? I'd like to try it some time.

I also wouldn't mind crashing the Subie meet some time, either. Maybe not every month, but every now and then. We still gotta decide when our regular meets will be. I vote for monthly, and any weekend day except the 3rd Sat of the month Fri, Sat or Sun. Maybe we should set up a pole?
Old Feb 25, 2003, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

damn i wish i lived in So Cal still... oh well... the errrrr force put me in Arizona... i still go to Long Beach once a month... Maybe we can start an alliance!
Old Feb 25, 2003, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

I am for anything specially after my new toy, as long as thier is no drama. If i wanted drama i will watch WomensTV.... Other than that I recommend that more meets are spread evenly around and days are chosen based on the best for an overall vote, plus the place should be at different spots such as closer for san fernando valley people or elseware. so can see different places and try different things.. ideas....... i will keep an eye open to see how it goes. ooh and should be opened to other cars too...
Old Feb 25, 2003, 03:45 PM

Stu, as much as I endorse CALslam, I don't think we should be in direct corrilation to that... because then we wouldn't get to meet very much, and I want us all to be able to meet as much as possible. Even if itdoes mean doing a bit of driving, which is what we have our cars for right????
Anyway, the rally thing sounds like fun, but Ijust had to get my tired rotated cause my front ones were BALD on the sides... it was bad. hahaha anyway, we should all go to cal slam but maybe not be directly associated w/ it except for the fact that we're all on evom.net but hey, everyone needs to voice their oppinion on the matter.

-K
Old Feb 25, 2003, 03:52 PM

yeah, Scott, I had a really good time for like the half hour I was there... haha Seriously, I missed you guys, I forgot how cool Val was! HAHA Ryan and I had been hanging out lately, so I'd seen him recently, but it was good to see the rest of you! I'm FOR SURE gonna be coming more.

-K
Old Feb 26, 2003, 12:14 AM

hey its me again but i am not starting any trouble this time. i love this idea so let me through in my 2 cents. up here in sac we meet every saterdaynight at 9:00pm it is great we have all difrent makes of cars and people and do not go by a club name we just get together and bs. within the group there are car clubs like my syndicate car club. but the meets are just to hang out and have fun. and it looks like you guys are on the same trak
Old Feb 26, 2003, 12:22 AM

I think we want to be more than just people that hang out... (correct me if I'm wrong) it'd be nice to be known as a club, and try for some sponosorships, and so forth...
Old Feb 26, 2003, 12:29 AM
Evolving Member

I'll do what i can , decide on a meet and place and if i have that weekend off i'll prolly be there maybe with a 3g and maybe a mazda or wrx's or some some lemme know
Old Feb 26, 2003, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

Also depends on how my lady's feeling with the pregnancy and all
Old Feb 27, 2003, 12:56 AM

If you do make it a club that is cool just remembfr what everyone did not like about other clubs and you guys should have a great one. and sooner or later i will make it down there to hang out and meet all the great people in your club
Old Feb 27, 2003, 01:18 AM
Evolving Member

Re: SoCal Lancer enthusiasts...

Originally posted by suyfergirl
SCLC was fun, but started to be ran very poorly, even the Vice President stated he wasn't coming back. we won't have that problem.

-Kara
um when did i state when i wasnt comming back? and what problem are you reffering too? me?

Link
Old Feb 27, 2003, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

holy crap that Training Wheels/Navigational Rally sounds fun! i just might join that!

about the club thing im up for anything just no more drama

Quick Reply: SoCal Lancer enthusiasts...