Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Rim of the World Rally, Palmdale, Calif.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2002, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow

hadn't checked this thread in a while, and then I remembered, it's next weekend! Putting my femaleness aside for a bit, you guys wanna go up there? I really wanna go (if you touch me, my boyfriend will kill you) hahahahaha anyways, yeah, I for sure want to go! we need to start planning!!!!

Queen Kara
Old Apr 27, 2002, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

dont kid yourself kara...you have no boyfriend...let alone one that would kick orbi's or evosoul's ***....
Old Apr 28, 2002, 01:41 AM

If you all don't come to the Rim next Saturday in Palmdale you got no weebles. The rally restart activities are 9:00AM to about noon. Go up on course and watch 'em fly! An official program is a huge $1.00. A great outline of the factory teams and the rally is at www.specialstage.com Come on out and support Mitsu and meet your team drivers.

Check the www.i-club.com socalif section on the Rim postings press release. Mitsu will have it's team and tent displays right next to the good guys.

There should be an EVO 7 on display...maybe something real special too.
Most likely free Mitsu swag as well.

For Our Lord's sake it's all free too!!!! Kara, if anyone bugs you come and see me in the blue tent. We have been known to do healings and conversions without the laying on of hands, even buy you lunch!

Bettern comparing exhaust tips at Krispy Kreme on Saturday.

Everything you need to know is at:
www.rimoftheworldrally.com
www.californiarallyseries.com
www.scca.org
Old Apr 28, 2002, 03:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I was definitely going to go, but I am now moving that weekend from Las Vegas to LA, so I won't be able to attend

I want to hear all about it from everyone else, though.

e in sin city
Old Apr 28, 2002, 11:34 AM

umm

Alec, how would you know? he doesn't go to NHS, he's 21... www.geocities.com/airnutz10/OurPage he's a hottie. Anyone want to caravan up there???? I really wanna go!
Old Apr 29, 2002, 08:41 AM

UM....

ANY NON-STALKERS/PETOPHILES/MURDERERS/RAPISTS/ANYTHING BAD, FEEL LIKE GIVING ME A RIDE TO RIM OF THE WORLD? I WANNA GO, AND I'M GETTING DESPRATE! I MIGHT HAVE TO TALK MY BF INTO TAKING ME, AND HE'S NOT TOO INTO RALLY CARS... I WANNA GO WITH AN ENTHUSIAST!!!!
Old Apr 29, 2002, 04:44 PM

Wow am I glad I got really bored at work and actually took a peak into the regionals. I almost forgot it was this weekend. Well, me and a friend of mine are heading down there Thurs. from the Bay Area to go see it for the weekend. Kinda nice that his pops lives in west covina, so we have a place to stay. Wanna find me, just look for the guy drooling all over the EVO VII
Old May 4, 2002, 11:24 AM

damn

so kids, how was it?
Old May 4, 2002, 02:13 PM

Man, that was a blast....did you manage to make it up there? We actually just got back about an hour ago...bout to sit back with a few beers and watch the footage we taped.
Old May 5, 2002, 08:52 PM

Tellem what you saw and what you did and that it was betten hanging at Krispy Kreme. Was it worth the drive from S.F? Check the EVO 7 out in the Mitsu area, bag some Mitsu swag? Meet Petter Solberg? Any fast cars? Get a ride in one? Didja hear the auctioned ride with Petter Solberg went for $1,200?

The should be lots of pics and stories up today and tomorrow on the I-Club, forums,
So Calif section.

Also check www.specialstages.com and www.rimoftheworldrally.com
for rally times and summaries.
Old May 6, 2002, 01:07 AM

It was bad-***. Very fast cars out there. There was a lot of WRX's and not enough Mitsubishis. Very, Very impressed by team Subaru, those guys know how to work fast. They do everything down to the second. Dissapointed in RMR this weekend, they made Mitsu. look bad. EVO 7=DNF, EVO6 (Rhys)=DNF, and White EVO7=DNF. I kinda expected that from RMR anyways. Well besides that it was great. The press stage was cool a lot of cars getting sideways and a lot of people getting durt in their face. So tell me anyone else go? How did you like it?
Old May 6, 2002, 02:45 AM

The Rim is a widow maker rally. The Subaru "factory" car (Lovell) placed third after a roll over. Lagaman's WRX DNFed. Hyundai second with the second car DNFing. AV Sport's WRX first! Just great for a privateer. This is thier fourth overall win, The Mitsu sponsored Laughlin last year, Cherokee Trails, Oregon Trails and now the Rim! Just sensational! Ditto for Vermont Sports Car's finish in a WRX. At Friday night's finish out of the top 16 cars, 14 were Subies.

You Mitsu guys and gals that showed up I hope you had a great time, Mitsu needs your support and visibilty! To the rest of you dead asses, you need be driven high mileage Yugos, see you at the mall.
Old May 6, 2002, 03:10 AM
Evolving Member

It was great. Can't believe the hardware out there. Also impressed by Subaru and there level of commitment. Unfortunately Mitsu was an also ran in the eyes of people there. They stepped on their weenies, except for Grp 2 car. I can only hope they get it together soon.
Old May 6, 2002, 04:36 AM

Yeah, I was really let down on what mitsu did out there. It was sad....but I have Rod Millen's VII front differential breaking on video tape. They did have that nice yellow evo VII on saturday though. Oh yeah phil....didn't get to meet petter solberg...did get to meet Rhys though. But I did get some good pics.....here ya go!
Attached Thumbnails Rim of the World Rally, Palmdale, Calif.-pictures-049.jpg  
Old May 6, 2002, 04:37 AM

Wolfgang's Evo VII
Attached Thumbnails Rim of the World Rally, Palmdale, Calif.-pictures-055.jpg  

Quick Reply: Rim of the World Rally, Palmdale, Calif.