Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Scottsdale AZ Anti Import WTF???

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Scottsdale AZ Anti Import WTF???

The Scottsdale Pavillions local hangout/McDonalds car show on Saturdays is now creating problems for the import scene. here is the new rule starting next week & so everyone knows anyone not in compliance will be towed &/or issued tickets. Apparently Mickeyd's claims they own the entire parking lot & lease the other spots to home depot, best buy, etc...(i find that hard to believe as the parking lot is massive) but also all the land is part of the Salt River Indian Community. here is the revision:

Rock & Roll McDonalds "Classic Car Show" at the Scottsdale Pavillions

Car Category Revision

AMERICAN HIGH PERFORMANCE
MUSCLE, ANTIQUE, CLASSIC,
EXOTIC SPORTS CARS

• NO LOW RIDERS
  • NO MINI TRUCKS
  • NO IMPORT TUNERS
  • NO VEHICLES ON TRAILERS
  • NO FOR SALE SIGNS
  • ALL VEHICLES SUBJECT TO STAFF APPROVAL
  • VEHICLES NOT IN COMPLIANCE SUBJECT TO TOWING
Any questions? Please contact McDonalds at (480)443-0080. Thank You!

yes there have been incidents of people doing burnouts, street racing on the freeway nearby, & people driving "walls of bass" thru the car show so those FEW people have been dealt with already. i have driven slow thru there & turned my bass down so they won't trip but it don't matter. everyone who showed up all agreed that it is a form of discrimination & 1 guy is calling 1 of the news channels & calling the attorney general of AZ to investigate the issue. if i recall, the EVO is an exotic due is ltd production nature, STI's too. even the SRT-4 is excluded (big spoiler + made in mexico). my wife had a Camaro & it was made in Canada!!! i guess the AZ East Valley crowd will have to find another hangout if it doesn't get resolved...
Old Apr 1, 2006, 11:39 PM
dzl

no, the sti and the evo is not an exotic, nor is the srt.

its a "classic car show" dude.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:27 AM
TEJ
Evolving Member

Wait, so this is going on now until forever for the whole car show? all those cars won't be allowed there?
Old Apr 2, 2006, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
**** those mother****ers
Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

It looks as though there will need to be a new spot found. I know there is a smaller car show in Chandler at an old grocery store paking lot. Also, the VW gang usually has an "In-N-Out" run a few times a year. Everyone would meet over at Crispy Creme at the AZ Mills, hang out till the security guard came along, then head over to In N Out off Ray. There is a Lowes parking lot there and we could hang out there till wee hours of the AM.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TEJ
Wait, so this is going on now until forever for the whole car show? all those cars won't be allowed there?
they are saying that out of the entire parking lot there, only 1 row can be used for imports. the parking lot is a 1/4 square mile in size!!!!! the row they have designated is usually filled up with people who drive regulars to see the car show so the reality is imports don't have a lane to park in...
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dzl
no, the sti and the evo is not an exotic, nor is the srt.

its a "classic car show" dude.
i'm not saying the SRT-4 is an exotic, but since the EVO & STI are ltd production cars technically they could be considered as an "exotic". but since they have big spoilers they won't be allowed. funny they say exotic cuz they made a FERRARI move out of a spot...
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

There is a hang out spot, all imports, at dobson and guadalupe in the goodwill parking lot. I have been there a few times, the cops chill in the corner of the parking lot so sh|t stay pertty cool. spread the word the goodwill parking lot is repavedand pertty big so there should be no problem.....lets roll.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:46 PM

why not go and park across street at arbys???
Old Apr 2, 2006, 04:17 PM

We should just deal with the matter at hand. The Pavilions’ Car Show has been going on for almost 20 years. 20 years ago hot rods were the car of the people. Now the younger crowd with there limited budgets and there love of the import car, and not to mention there love of cars in general should not exclude us from the local scene. We all love cars no matter if they are a 1920's Ford or 2006 Evolution MR. There is a misconception that all import driver are immature, reckless, and have no respect for others. Even when I was driving Hondas back in the day I have always had respect for others and what they like to play with. We need to have a meeting and meet in a common ground to come to a resolution. Otherwise this local AZ community will be at war over something as petty as year, make, model, and color. We here in AZ are major car enthusiasts. We who are young are the future and I don't want to see things go to **** here because of some person who wanted to be obnoxious and make bad decisions behind the wheel. There is always a way to work things out.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

You all have to remember that the man who owns McDonalds has the right to whatever he wants. He has permission from all the local business to hold his car show. Its private property, everyone in Arizona with an Import, Lowrider, and Mini truck could go up against him and will lose. Very simply it’s his property if he doesn’t want “our” crowd then were SOL.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

it sucks to hear that the pavs is getting taken away from the tuners, but guys, there a million other parking lots that we can hang out in...besides the pavs haven't been all that great anyway...there are usually a few nice cars up there and the rest are all junkers...lets just move somewhere else and congregate. i dont see it as that big of a deal really.
Old Apr 2, 2006, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

honestly, too many little kiddies is what kills it for us all.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrimsonShadow
honestly, too many little kiddies is what kills it for us all.
that is definitely true... which is why it isn't that big of a deal to go somewhere else. however if one were to decide to go to the pavs to actually see the car show and they just happened to drive there tuner...they can't be towed. that would be discrimination. but if the owner nof the lot dosen't want us participating...then so be it.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Why would you want to go to a party that no one wants you at?

Stay home and do your own thing. Let them have their car show. Would you let a plain jane 9 second Buick Grand National into Hot Import Nights?

Quick Reply: Scottsdale AZ Anti Import WTF???