Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Help - Where to buy evo with no $10,000 mark up?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2003, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help - Where to buy evo with no $10,000 mark up?

Hi everyone, kinda new here. My buddy and I went to the long beach circle dealer today and there was one yellow evo8 w/ $10,000 markup
My friend is willing to trade his 323 Ci bimmer fully paid in cash (leather, xenon, all the dealer options, hamann kit, wheels, etc) for Evo8. Unfortunately, they wanted $10,000 for the evo, and we had to wait 45 minutes for a test drive
My friend felt disgusted by the treatment he received and decided the hell with this dealer and left. Ofcourse when we were about to leave they became really friendly offering drinks etc. My friend told the salesman "sorry there are other mitsu dealers around"
I wish I can describe the look on their face.

But besides the point, can someone help me pin point a good mitsu dealer around long beach or orange county area? My friend rarely browse online so I'm doing him a favor.

By the way, you guys got awesome cars

Thanks
Old Apr 9, 2003, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

well, i live in corona, and the norco dealer has a $5995 markup and are willing to deal. you might wanna try them out. if you need directions lemme know. One of the managers there, Herb, is a real good guy, he'll try and get you HOOKED UP! Got me a real good deal on my OZ.
Old Apr 9, 2003, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Drive a little farther east and there is a lot of dealers willing to sell for MSRP. There is a list of MSRP dealers on this website with locations and phone numbers. Why are most people reluctant to buy out of state? You can still get it serviced at your local Mitsu dealer. Give up the hassle if your local dealer isn't up to par. To save $5-10k mark-up, I wouldn't hesitate.
Old Apr 9, 2003, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Help - Where to buy evo with no $10,000 mark up?

Originally posted by S-WRX

Unfortunately, they wanted $10,000 for the evo, and we had to wait 45 minutes for a test drive
My friend felt disgusted by the treatment he received and decided the hell with this dealer and left. Ofcourse when we were about to leave they became really friendly offering drinks etc. My friend told the salesman "sorry there are other mitsu dealers around"
I wish I can describe the look on their face.

But besides the point, can someone help me pin point a good mitsu dealer around long beach or orange county area? My friend rarely browse online so I'm doing him a favor.

By the way, you guys got awesome cars

Thanks
What a friend... I'm doing all these hard work myself to get my Lightning Yellow Evo 8!

By the way, I strongly suggest your friend to check out this site, I use this technique and am able to help my friends to get their E46s at a unbeatable deal, and so does my Evo as well...

the Rizzo method

To answer your question. Yes, I believe there are some dealers in SoCal willing to offer close to MSRP now. In fact I came across one near Arcadia, you can go ahead and call them up and see if they're really to discount it to MSRP.

(can you post some pics of your friend's E46? I'm a big time E46 fans and if it's because of the Evo I would have got one myself already... great car)

Good luck!
Old Apr 9, 2003, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S-WRX, if your friend still have hard times getting a good deal in LA dealer, shoot me a PM and I can try to hook you up with the sales who offer me MSRP price.

Btw, I have no affiliation with that sales at all. I tried the Rizzo methods and he's one of the guys answer my phone call earlier, and last week he call me again and said he's willing to offer me a good deal, but it's too late since I already got mine
Old Apr 9, 2003, 06:54 PM

Arrow

yeah it seems that if you are willing to shop in the south for example where Mitsu isnt so ...ahem...well known/popular....you can get an Evo for MSRP or better...

plus you get a cool road trip

mike
Old Apr 9, 2003, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=19559

this guy claims to have em at msrp
Old Apr 9, 2003, 08:03 PM

Thanks for all the help everyone, really appreciate it. I'll tell my friend to go to one the dealers mentioned above and about the rizzo method. Lets hope he can get one so I can get my hands on it
Old Apr 11, 2003, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

Fresno Mitsubishi:

Lancer Evolution- 33,000 +/- $3000 markup