Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

AZAWD.ORG Presents: Arizona All Wheel Drive Statewide Meet, Sunday July 16th

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

i know, but it still showed alot of cars... figure another row and a half of cars showed up afterwards.... had i waited till nightfall, the video woulda come out really bad. Does anyone else have pics/vids to post, as mine are really lacking..... someone had a professional camera, can we get that vid?
Old Jul 16, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Pics?
Old Jul 16, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by inco9nito99
Pics?

There here.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1046983
Old Jul 16, 2006, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Those are some nice photos.

I threw a little video together. I had to compress it a lot though - so sorry for the image quality.

Find it here: www.sp00lin.com - It's the 'Evo Parade'.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
great job on the video doug.....
Old Jul 16, 2006, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Spoolin,

Your video is excellent. I was the one that steped out of the car with my helmet on and took pictures of the cars and the people standing.
Notice that only a hand full of Evos and Stis actually participated on the road course event, I would say 60% of the other Evos /STIS were still parked all over the racetrack parking lot. The participation/attendance was massive.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jul 17, 2006 at 12:30 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

Im glad someone got a video of that.

Carlos, where are your pics at?
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by import111
Im glad someone got a video of that.

Carlos, where are your pics at?
What is up Ryan?, Nice to see you there. I took a bunch of pics, unfortunately the file size is huge(8 megapixel). I have to download some of them under the Photo Blog so that everyone can view them.

This event was by far one of the best I ever seen and attended, 10 time better than the last NOPI national also held at Firebird(back in April). I just can't believe we had so many straight rows of Evos, STI modded WRX and another 25-30 Evos STI parked randomly.

I would like to make a remark about how well the AZ community ALWAYS manage to put up great car shows. It is hard to just not find a single weekend in which a huge STI/EVO meet goes to a local town or any other event. There is truly too many local website as well.

Ryan, you know exactly what I mean, for instance, I saw you at NOPI, I saw you at the drifting event at SIR a couple of months ago, I saw you at SIR lately also, I saw you yesterday at Firebird and I also coincide with you at local tuning shops or in one of the multiple local forums.. you know what I mean?

Take care Ryan.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jul 16, 2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Yea, the WRX/STi/Evo Arizona community is great. Lots of support. Always something going on. Last night was 1 of the better events I have been to. I had a blast.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

What's up Carlos. I saw you get out of your car and start taking some pics. Seemed like a long time before they actually let you guys on the track. Maybe they were waiting for more cars.

I think JB did an excellent job of getting things organized, as did the Subaru guys. I really enjoyed checking out all the shop prepped cars and talking to everyone. Maybe it just took a sweet event like last night to get everyone out.

That Dynocomp STI was a beast. It totally ran down a black Porche and a yellow Z06 on the straight away. The UMS Tuning Evo also looked fast down the straights (about time!). I liked that Surge STI too - he was pretty quick.

Who was the guy with the grey MR running SSR competitions? It looked like he was hauling as well.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

^^^What is up bro?..

It is undeniable one of my favorites cars of the night was the blue 06 STI from Dynocomp. That car was very fast and sounded very well not to mention the flames from the exhaust everytime he shifted.

Yes, I also saw the SURGE car, very nice indeed. Do you know the Surge guy is actually "DA MAN" for track events?, I actually heard from Reid (Gaijin) that this guy has a special business dedicated to arrange track and road courses days fro an affordable budget.

There is absolutely no doubt that this has been the best event we have seen in years in Phoenix and we can't let this pass again.

What Posrche are you talking about?, there was a 993 Porsche yellow and the pace car was a 911(964) dark (maybe black).

To me, Dynocomp STI was a winner, so consistent, so fast, so clean. UMS red Evo did well also. I also noticed a Evo 9 GG with stock exhaust and no tint windows that was flying.

The Evo 9 with the SSRs could be from Huyinb(a Korean guy) but I am not 100% as he was only permitted to run at the track following the pace car.

I don't know if you ever got the chance to record a few more overtaking I did in front of the crowds. There was a 2.5 silver Legacy in front of me that was fast.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jul 17, 2006 at 12:13 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
What Posrche are you talking about?, there was a 993 Porsche yellow and the pace car was a 911(964) dark (maybe black).
It was a black one. I think it was when they were doing one of their first practice runs. Rich just went right by the guy at about an 1/8th of the way down.

Here's a shot of the dynocomp STI owning that yellow Vette: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...9&postcount=54
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

LOL , you are good.. one picture says it all. Looking from far, it looks like the yellow Porsche was a spcial edition RS or RSR (3.8l factory stroked).

Did you noticed that there were multiple Z06's, basicly at least almost one per category? There was a silver and blue GTO also making some noise.

The black NSX was slow and the E36 black M3 with the tall wing was a good driver. The Mini cooper S kind of dissapointed me a bit.

One question: who was driving the Dynocomp STI? was it Richard Garcia?, I hope it was him, he owns two shop STI's and he should be representing. Can you confirm that? Thanks!!

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jul 17, 2006 at 12:24 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 01:34 AM
Evolved Member

This is another source of pictures I found by doing some search. The one thing I can tell you is that some of the pictures haven't been posted or sublinked here before because the group of Evos from Tucson wasn't on the first set of pictures posted originally. We arrived from Tucson just a few minutes before sunset and we filled up a lot of other parking spots.

Also, this is the original topic opened at NASIOC:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...0&page=6&pp=25

I want to reiterate that the national NOPI event was in my opinion a shade of what this event truly was. This was non-stop action in several fronts, continuous drifting, continous road course races, never ending brackets. Simply one of the best car shows I ever seen and heard..

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jul 17, 2006 at 01:43 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
LOL , you are good.. one picture says it all. Looking from far, it looks like the yellow Porsche was a spcial edition RS or RSR (3.8l factory stroked).

Did you noticed that there were multiple Z06's, basicly at least almost one per category? There was a silver and blue GTO also making some noise.

The black NSX was slow and the E36 black M3 with the tall wing was a good driver. The Mini cooper S kind of dissapointed me a bit.

One question: who was driving the Dynocomp STI? was it Richard Garcia?, I hope it was him, he owns two shop STI's and he should be representing. Can you confirm that? Thanks!!

Carlos
Richard was DEFINITELY driving the dynocomp STi. He put down the fastest time of the night @ 1:06:XXX in the time attack if I remember correctly. He took first place in the time attack. I'm really curious about the porsche as well. that was the biggest damn wing i've ever seen. All I know is that it was a carrera.

Quick Reply: AZAWD.ORG Presents: Arizona All Wheel Drive Statewide Meet, Sunday July 16th