Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

AZAWD.ORG Presents: Arizona All Wheel Drive Statewide Meet, Sunday July 16th

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2006, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would expect no less than Richard Garcia behind the wheel of that STI. As far is the Porsche, I only had a chance to watch it from the stands but being myself a ex Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet owner I can tell you it looks like and RS or RSR to me.

Question for you, where you behind me in a wingless red Evo when we were racing? if that was you I said hello to you and your lady when we were in line. If that wasn't you then I assume you were number 4 in the line(after the pace car)

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jul 17, 2006 at 01:54 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 04:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by fromWRXtoEVO
I would expect no less than Richard Garcia behind the wheel of that STI. As far is the Porsche, I only had a chance to watch it from the stands but being myself a ex Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet owner I can tell you it looks like and RS or RSR to me.

Question for you, where you behind me in a wingless red Evo when we were racing? if that was you I said hello to you and your lady when we were in line. If that wasn't you then I assume you were number 4 in the line(after the pace car)

Carlos
I was 4th in line, had to sneak in after the time attack. That was fun..... Time attack, parade laps, and de2/3 session back to back to back. I hardly got out of my car between sessions...
Old Jul 17, 2006, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

I would have to say the event was a success.. I was hoping to have met a few of the other owners, but like many other people there I got caught up watching the drifting and time attack and I had to leave a little early.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a great time checking out all the cars and watching the time attack runs. There are definately some sick Evos in the valley

Last edited by Karash; Jul 17, 2006 at 09:29 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Carlos,

richard is one hell of a driver....I wish I could have seen him run the course with full boost...I think he was like 4 seconds faster than the second place car, which I think was a vette...with 28lbs instead of 22lbs...who knows...
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

the only thing I was disappointed about was that the dynocomp STI was really the only purpose built shop car running out there...Hopefully more shops will build there cars up and we can see some good competition! At least now I have something to shoot for when I start time attack in the next few months!!! hehe
Old Jul 17, 2006, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Nice video Doug.

I was pretty bummed that we didn't stick around for the parade laps. The kid was cranky by 8, so we had to jet. But I'm glad I still went for a few hours to hang out, chat with friends and watch some cars race. There were a few guys that I didn't get to talk with, Joe, Danny, Carlos, Edwin, and perhaps some others. But overall I had a great time. I hope next time there is an event like this one that I will be able to take a few laps around the track in my own car.

Big thanks to John (and whoever else was responsible for setting this up.) I had an awesome time, and I can only hope that there will be more events like this one in the future.

Originally Posted by azredevo
I was 4th in line, had to sneak in after the time attack. That was fun..... Time attack, parade laps, and de2/3 session back to back to back. I hardly got out of my car between sessions...
Tim, how did those Hawk brake pads hold up? Did you get any fading at all after those time attack laps?
Old Jul 17, 2006, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Hay guys, Im glad everyone had a good time! And that I could set that up for everyone. On behalf of the whole AZawd.org crew, thank you for those of you that showed up and represented AZawd.org! I have a whole lot of pics to post up which I will later tonight after work. Look out for the next Azawd.org meet coming Fall 2006!
Old Jul 17, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 12mnkys
the only thing I was disappointed about was that the dynocomp STI was really the only purpose built shop car running out there...Hopefully more shops will build there cars up and we can see some good competition! At least now I have something to shoot for when I start time attack in the next few months!!! hehe
That's what DynoComp is all about. Rich is into road racing, not the 1320. I knew the guy could drive but daaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuum, it was finally nice to see it with my own eyes. Imagine what Rich could have done with the UMS car...

Also, Max was there representing. Yeah he isn't sponsored (YET) but he can drive to.
Give him a few years and a built EVO and I'm sure he will be kicking some *** as well.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

yea, I watched him and Karma running and from what I could see they were both tearing it up out there. Once their cars are bult they will be turning some quick laps...
Old Jul 18, 2006, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

Carlos,

richard is one hell of a driver....I wish I could have seen him run the course with full boost...I think he was like 4 seconds faster than the second place car, which I think was a vette...with 28lbs instead of 22lbs...who knows...
Mike,

I basicly second your comments, I also read on NASIOC that Richard Garcia was not even at full boost and that he was running at around 22psi.

Definately Richard impressed me more as a driver than anything else.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jul 18, 2006 at 01:39 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 01:32 AM
Evolved Member

Mike,

I also agree on this one. So many bad a s s good shops in Phoenix and only one or two actually get to race.

Carlos

Last edited by fromWRXtoEVO; Jul 18, 2006 at 01:39 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 01:54 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by naucrx
Tim, how did those Hawk brake pads hold up? Did you get any fading at all after those time attack laps?
I was impressed, They held up well, and i did the parade laps, followed by the time attack, followed by the de2/3 run back to back to back. no time to even get out of the car, and I was braking hard all night, and they just didn't give. I felt that my tyres were my main weak point (next to skill), as it felt like the brakes had more to give, but the tyres just wouldn't hold. One thing to note though, my front left rotor may need replacing, i'm not sure what happened, but about a week ago, i noticed a checkered pattern about a quarter inch wide around the top part of the rotor. I'll get a pic sometime soon, post it, try and gather ideas. It is only causing squeeks at low speeds for now. /
Old Jul 18, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

I heard all the cars were running really hot at the track that night. It was pretty warm, even around 9pm after that storm came through. It probably contributed to a few problems for all the time attack cars.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 03:02 PM

I want to know what Antonio was looking at in this pic because it seems like everyone else is looking the other direction:

Quick Reply: AZAWD.ORG Presents: Arizona All Wheel Drive Statewide Meet, Sunday July 16th