Notices

July Evo Pricing !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been crazy. I dont blame you for being mad by now. It would be different if you were waiting for a package from UPS for this long but waiting for a $30k plus CAR, is just wrong. When you get excited about getting the car and keep anticipating a date and then it doesnt come, that gets old real quick. Then on top of everything, they cant even tell you where your car is. When shipping an item worth 30K, they should have the best tracking available. I would want to know where the car is at all times. Hopefully you will have it soon.

Originally Posted by 240Z TwinTurbo
Called uDAS and they said my car had left GA, but had no idea where it was at this time. It boarders on comical.
Perhaps I have unrealistic expectations when it comes to customer service.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 04:08 PM

Called uDAS and they said my car had left GA, but had no idea where it was at this time. It boarders on comical.
Perhaps I have unrealistic expectations when it comes to customer service.
Damn bro...

My car gets shipped out monday, i hope i don't have to deal with all this mess. Of course i'm pretty sure its a straight shot from cali to hawaii. But the way things are going for you, i wouldn't be surprise if they confuse guam with hawaii.

For the amount we are paying, your expectations are reasonable. Its not like we are buying a hyundai accent.

And I will say, Everytime I have contacted Mark about question or an issue it gets resolved fairly quickly. Like i pm'd you earlier 240z, we should actually get sticky and put our experiences and the process of buying a new car and shipping it. That way other folks will have a rough idea of what it entails. Its not as simple as calling South Coast and ordering one, then simply calling DAS and expecting that will be it.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 05:47 PM
jz

I think car shipping companies are generally pretty scummy after you give them their
money.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 316 Likes on 248 Posts
UPDATE

Although uDAS's website doesn't show any status for my vehicle I was able to get in touch with the owner of the tow yard where my car was to be received. He told me the car arrived to him last night and I will be able to pick it up in the morning. He stated that the car was in good shape and ready to go. The first bit of good news in more than 3 weeks.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Not to mention but......

The first payment will be here in no time,... and you havent even driven it yet!
Old Jul 24, 2006, 07:49 AM

I have to give mad props to the guys at Victorville Mitsubishi.

Everything went as smoothly as you always hope it does. I flew into the Ontario airport at about 9AM and the salesman was there to meet me and take me to the dealership. We got to the dealership, he made a copy of my drivers license and insurance card, I signed maybe 5 pieces of paper, waited about 1/2 hour for the detailing to be finished, and I was on my way home! All of the prices were as advertised, cost of the car was exactly what they said it would be and the overall experience was unbeatable!

I would strongly suggest that anyone debating on getting an Evo soon do it while these prices are effective. This is a deal that simply can't be beat!

Thank you so much to the guys at the dealership, you were awesome!
Old Jul 24, 2006, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dookgvr4
Not to mention but......

The first payment will be here in no time,... and you havent even driven it yet!
My credit union was kind enough to push back the first payment until Aug. 15th knowing that my car would take several weeks to arrive.

UPDATE
I finally have my car and it did arrive safely. The tow yard offered to wash the car, but I felt I ought to do it myself. The car had no additional mileage in comparison to when it was dropped off at uDAS. The car does seem to vibrate and the engine seems to tick loudly. Perhaps I am not used to the Mitsubishi engines. The steering wheel vibrates and the car pulls slightly to the left. After ~50 miles the car seems to have lost much of the steering wheel vibration. Perhaps from sitting for so long this has happened. As I suspected I am now happy and I feel the savings was worth the wait. Now I will need to call South Coast Mitsubishi and try to determine how to go about getting the title information to the appropriate people so I can get my car registered.

Dickie808 and I have thought about making a sticky so that people can understand everything that is involved with purchasing the vehicle out of state.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 12:56 AM
Evolving Member

240Z....glad your experience went smoothly. I'm looking into working with Mark and his team.

1. get an alignment
2. the Advans probably flat-spotted while sitting there.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
UPDATE
That is not even the kicker. I go to register the car and I have no Title. South Coast Mitsubishi had 3 weeks to process my title, but instead it has been sitting there. When I asked why it had not been processed the lady said, "I have no excuse. " I then get a call from South Coast Mitsubishi stating they don't know who the check is from so they cannot send the title. Uhhh, it is a cashier's check from my credit union. Bottom line is that I cannot register my vehicle and I have no plate.

Execution of sale
Follow through with sale

I am sure that when my car is received I will be a happy man and forget all of this nonsense, but I am not sure if the reduced price feels worth it at this time.

You will get the title thru the state you register the car in. You get paperwork from South Coast saying the car is paid for, take that to your DMV type entity, and your state will mail you the title- if there is no lien holder.

Attn out of state buyers that want to buy and drive the car from South Coast, here's what I did:
Arrange the deal with Mark
Get VIN for my car
Take the VIN to my county clerk (TN's version of the DMV)
Give them the VIN, and pay $8 for a 30 day TN temporary plate so I can drive the car back. CA only gives a 24 hour pass- not enough to drive 2000+ miles.
Fly to SNA airport
Mark picks me up
Go to South Coast, see 30 new Evos, write a $30k check. This was a personal check so I have no lienholder. Check includes CA state sales tax- you must pay CA tax if you drive the vehicle off the lot.
Once home I went to register the car and found out I needed additional paperwork- I needed the certificate of origin for the vehicle. This is considered the birth certificate.
Called South Coast. They overnighted me the paperwork.
Go back to County Clerk with certificate of origin and bill of sale stating CA tax is paid so no tax in TN, and there is no lienholder.
Pay $32 (IIRC) for a TN plate and have application for title submitted to the state (they process in about a month and mail you the title).
Walk out a happy man.

Last edited by Steve_P; Jul 25, 2006 at 05:29 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Wow, sounds a bit involved but I bet you enjoyed every min of it.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
for $3,000? savings off list price (I can't remember list price for an MR) including all my expenses to pick up and drive back, it was worth it. Drive back was fun also.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You will get the title thru the state you register the car in. You get paperwork from South Coast saying the car is paid for, take that to your DMV type entity, and your state will mail you the title- if there is no lien holder.

Attn out of state buyers that want to buy and drive the car from South Coast, here's what I did:
Arrange the deal with Mark
Get VIN for my car
Take the VIN to my county clerk (TN's version of the DMV)
Give them the VIN, and pay $8 for a 30 day TN temporary plate so I can drive the car back. CA only gives a 24 hour pass- not enough to drive 2000+ miles.
Fly to SNA airport
Mark picks me up
Go to South Coast, see 30 new Evos, write a $30k check. This was a personal check so I have no lienholder. Check includes CA state sales tax- you must pay CA tax if you drive the vehicle off the lot.
Once home I went to register the car and found out I needed additional paperwork- I needed the certificate of origin for the vehicle. This is considered the birth certificate.
Called South Coast. They overnighted me the paperwork.
Go back to County Clerk with certificate of origin and bill of sale stating CA tax is paid so no tax in TN, and there is no lienholder.
Pay $32 (IIRC) for a TN plate and have application for title submitted to the state (they process in about a month and mail you the title).
Walk out a happy man.
good deal. this is pretty much exact same process i'm going through.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 06:02 PM

for $3,000? savings off list price (I can't remember list price for an MR) including all my expenses to pick up and drive back, it was worth it. Drive back was fun also.

i'd wait 2 months for the car if i had too, evo9 gsr are starting out at 42,000 right now and the lowest i've hear of them going is down to 38,000, ****ing hawaii hustlers.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Understood, but as of Friday morning I was told they had not even looked at my paperwork so no title had been generated. A copy needs to be sent to my DMV so the car can be registered.

I have another issue with damage to the vehicle in the form of surface scratches across the hood. These scratches were noted at DAS prior to shipping, as the bill of lading indicates, and was signed off by the South Coast Mitsubishi salesman. There are a series of 1" surface scratches that span a 25" width of the hood. Looks like something 25" wide was drug across the hood approximately 1". These scratches can be felt with my finger and penetrate the surface.

I was assured by the South Coast Mitsubishi manager, Mac, that cars are never shipped with this type of damage and he wants to verify that this damage was not added later to the bill of lading by DAS. I fax'd them a copy of the bill of lading, which they already have, and was told the salesman will be out for a few days. I will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Needless to say I am not happy with the ugly scratches on my new car.

I am a customer first so I have no problem posting my experiences good and bad. I have given praise to Mr. Shriner and his professionalism and criticized the lack of follow through after the sale. If my car was indeed shipped with this damage known by SCM, I want to see how the seek to resolve this issue. I will keep everyone updated.

Here is a pic I took with my camera in the pitch dark.

Last edited by 240Z TwinTurbo; Jul 25, 2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2006, 07:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^Hi Sir,

Sorry to see those...anyways i spoke with My boss and he told me that Just take the car to the nearest Mitsubishi Dealership in your area and just let us know The name of the dealer and we will take care of it as soon as possible

If you have any question pls feel free to give me a call...@ 1-888-810-5153 Mark M.

Thank You

Quick Reply: July Evo Pricing !!!!!!!!