Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

San Diego Evo's

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2006, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are meeting at the Frys at 7? Anybody plan on showing up early? I'm leaving work in Del Mar at around 5:30 and would make it to the Frys at around 6ish. If nobodies there around then I'd probably get a little skittish and want to leave to go race.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Alright sweet. For those of you who dont know. This is a saturn buddy of mine. I have a saturn that will dyno around 600hp once its complete. I came from the saturn community and now I own a evo. I still have my heart into saturns because I have such a history in it and it was my first car.

When will you be turboed again? Are you still tuning on the safc? Also it doesnt matter if its stock or not we are having a meet so any evo is welcome.
I'm hoping to put the turbo back on before february. I had to take it off because i'm due for a smog check in a couple of months. Plus i've been needing to use the saturn as a communter car to keep my insurance costs low. Evo insurance blows. By removing the turbo my mileage goes way up and that's a plus on my 25 mile commute to work. I'm going to abandon using the SAFC to tune. It wasn't cutting it. I plan on picking up a megasquirt II and having it professionally tuned. I'll probably ask you about the guy that tuned your evo and see if he can do it.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Iceplant18
You guys are meeting at the Frys at 7? Anybody plan on showing up early? I'm leaving work in Del Mar at around 5:30 and would make it to the Frys at around 6ish. If nobodies there around then I'd probably get a little skittish and want to leave to go race.
Well I dont know if I will be there that early. I will let you know by tomorrow.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Iceplant18
I'm hoping to put the turbo back on before february. I had to take it off because i'm due for a smog check in a couple of months. Plus i've been needing to use the saturn as a communter car to keep my insurance costs low. Evo insurance blows. By removing the turbo my mileage goes way up and that's a plus on my 25 mile commute to work. I'm going to abandon using the SAFC to tune. It wasn't cutting it. I plan on picking up a megasquirt II and having it professionally tuned. I'll probably ask you about the guy that tuned your evo and see if he can do it.
O ok yeah saturns are great for daily drivers. Also my saturn is up for smog too so now I have to rip out the engine and put the stocker back in. Yea the safc isnt good enough. I got the tec3r as you know of. I am actually thinking of having him tune mine too.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 01:12 PM

i can be there early. kinda sick of things going on in my home office so i think i need a break. let me know what time and i will cruise over.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 01:29 PM

I'm still set to leave work at 5:30. I'm gonna stop at the gas station to balance out the air in my new radials and then head straight down to the frys. If I don't hit major traffic lets say i'll get there around 6:15. If you can head down there early that'd be cool. Keep an eye out for the white saturn coupe with stickers on the rear sides. I'll keep an eye out for any evos in the parking lot. If nobodies there I'll see how long I can hold off scratching the itch to race. If i'm not there at the parking lot around 7 then you'll know where to find me.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Allan, Charlie you guys wanna meet up and cruise out to Fry's together? If so where and what time?
Old Sep 22, 2006, 01:42 PM

i'm at work on coronado, i will be meeting up with iceplanet18. around 6so i will be leaving at 5:30 take me about 10 mins to get there.

iceplanet18 we usually park to the left of the entrance, i'm in a black evo, you'll know its me. i will be in my uniform.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:02 PM

Right on. Hey carmaevo8 your sig says you hopefully were gonna tune on the 20th. Did you end up doing it?
Old Sep 22, 2006, 03:33 PM

no couldnt get the appointment. its a long story but i think i am just going to have my AEM installed and tuned instead of doing a reflash. talk to you at frys.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

bump for today, sorry my car will be embarassing.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
Update guys. Just got back from tuning tech. Alfred is the best guy ever and his staff is so awesome. I cant begin to ell you how good of a tuner he is. He is probably the best tuner Ihave ever dealt with. AND thats saying alot. No lets go over te numbers. I have all the dyno sheets and they will be released by alfred himself so that there is no way anyone can say they are not mine.

Now on pump gas at 22 psi the car dynoed at about 393whp with 374tq. And thats a very reliable tune no knock and the car was advancing timing wonderfully. ALL and all it was a very wonderful tune on pump. The car is soo freakin fast on pump.

Now on race gas with c16 the car dynoed at 30psi at 510whp with around 430tq. And again it was a very reliable tune no knock and advanced timing greatly. The car basically ran so perfect. We definitely had more room for improvement. However, bfore I went al out Iwant to upgrade the fuel system and get a wbo2. I want to put another fuel pump and a fpr with a bigger fuel rail. This will allow me to up the boost to aroun 35psi and really try its limits. I am assuming at 35psi it shoul be around the 550-570area. However, all I WANTED WAS AROUND 500WHP ANYWAY SO I MA VERY HAPPY.

I will make a few passes at the q.

crazy ****. Nice!

Now I'm tempted to blow all my money

I gotta go to a meet sometime.....
Old Sep 22, 2006, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Am I the only one that is stock in SD? lol
Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Emo-lution,

i see some stocky around sometime, i am almost stock myself.

roger,

how did your car run?
Old Sep 23, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

I didnt get to run the race map. I was still on my street map. On the street map I ran 7.7-7.8 at 94-95mph. I am working on perfecting my launch. As you guys could see I started very mild on my launch and worked my way up. I got my 60's down to 1.8 which is very good for a big turbo.

Quick Reply: San Diego Evo's